1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Pokemon Black/White 2 Translation Project

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jun 22, 2012.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Re: [NDS] Pokemon Black/White 2 Pokestation Translation Project

Nice to see that there's a percentage on dialogue now. Interesting to see that they're already at 20%. The game has only officially been out two days now in Japan time, and the dumps have only been around since June 22nd (two or three days depending on time zone). If they keep up at this rate, by Friday, we'll be seeing probably around 80% dialogue translated. Then again, the 25th is Monday, and those that had lots of time during the weekend may not be flooded with time during the week. We'll just watch and see.

I do have to wonder how options are only at 31%, unless they don't just mean the options menu, and they mean various options throughout the game (like PC's and such).

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

translation IS going pretty quick. hopefully the game will be translated more so i can finally try it out. but at this rate it might be done by next week! :p

3. LuckyTrouble77

I'm waiting for around 90% total before starting it myself. I want as full of an experience as possible, without mashing the A button every time a character starts talking. I kinda wish that we had translators with this much time and energy for games that aren't going to be localized.

4. iluvfupaburgers

i know, my thoughts exactly

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Me three, i really want to play games like blaze union, but there is no one translating it, kinda wish atlus and sting brougth those kinds of games more often

6. iluvfupaburgers

theres lots of games i wish got translated. one of them is blood of bahamut, which does have a translation, but it has been going on for 2 years i think :p

black 2 rom uploaded. this time seems like the roms dont trim. maybe that was causing some troubles??

7. mpc2007

mpc2007 Well-Known Member

woa 1.4 already...

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I know.
    At this rate, the translation might be finished in a week!

9. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The very reason to delay posting pre-patched roms. Cause it seems every 12 hours there will be an updated patch file. Easier to post link to the patch tool instead.

10. iluvfupaburgers

i do post the patching tools and translation. but some people are just too inefficient to patch them themselves

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

But so many people go 'How do I patch?', 'I get an error'.
    Easier just to hand it to people on a silver platter (or in this case, a RAR archive).

12. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

And for how long will you keep doing it? Anyway, I'm not trying to be a jerk but uploading roms is time consuming especially with this translation going so quick. I just think its better if people start learning and not take the easy way out. Anyway, got to go for now, be back later.

13. mpc2007

after the patch the size still 524mb ? not 302mb ?
    Post Merge: [time]1340596003[/time]
    i mean 512mb

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It takes time, but I feel it is necessary. People have trouble patching, and it just spams the forum.
    It is a whole lot easier for them to just downloaded a ROM, extract and start playing.

I will keep doing it 'till it is done. If there are another 10 patches, then another 20 ROMs will be added.

Trimming the ROM caused problems.
    They stopped.

15. iluvfupaburgers

guess they removed trimming. maybe they thought some problems showed up due to trimming?

16. LuckyTrouble77

It isn't that bad, since Black 2 and White 2 compress pretty well. Even on my terrible connection, I could upload both games in about two hours, and pretty much everybody has a better connection than I do.

Oh, and off topic, but Blood of Bahamut is currently on a kind of hiatus, as the lead translator and presumably editor leads a very busy life. The first post on the (currently locked) GBAtemp topic has a somewhat recent message where the guy says he's in medical school, and doesn't have much time for the project right now.

By the way, on the pokestation website, they say not to trim the ROM. I don't know if they mean in general, but it might be the cause of some bugs with the translation, which might be why they removed the patch's trimming abilities.

17. sasunaru1234

sasunaru1234 Active Member

The only reason I ask for a pre patched rom is cause I have a Mac that doesn't like windows patching software.

18. iluvfupaburgers

yeah. ive seen that message. but it would be awesome to see the energy they put on pokemon translation to other japan games. i know they are not the same translators :)

19. mpc2007

v1.4 tested....... no more laggy on showing summary pokemon.....

20. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

:) My connection is alright, I can get both ROMs up within about 20 minutes.

Yeah, I saw that.

No problem.
    I'll get White 2 up soon, so don't you worry.