1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New firmware for original R4 released - Wood R4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by KevInChester, Apr 8, 2010.

1. mr snow

mr snow Well-Known Member

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

3. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

edit the YSmenu .ini, find the line that says something like Savetype=.nds, and change to Savetype=.nds.sav

Done.

4. shawn24262002

shawn24262002 New Member

This new firmware is great,havn't found a game yet that does not work with it yet.

I noticed www.r4li.com is putting this firmware up on their site now. http://www.r4li.com/download/woodr4.html

5. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

This is great news! :D Thanks for whoever put this up. :) We sure hope it gets updated regularly. Or do AKAIO updates can be applied to this firmware?

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I don't honestly see the point in using YSMenu anymore with the introduction of this firmware. It beats YSMenu right out of the water by not needing a half dozen patches and file fixes to keep it operating. I'll still hold onto my YSMenu just in case, you never know when the odd fluke might come up that may have it working on YSMenu but not on Wood.

This firmware was made as an upgrade, not something to work in conjunction with previous firmwares.

7. blinkgirlgirl

blinkgirlgirl Active Member

This is a truly great firmware. Works really well with most Unplayable games before. (Twilight/J.C Avatar/Sega Racing are the ones i have been waiting for) Dream come true for R4 users.
    Thanks so much!

P/s: I tried Alice In Wonderland also it dosn't work... gets 2 White screens....I'm using Original R4... so why can't work....
    I tried the softreset thingy.... as in the post above... can't work... Is there anything else i need to do like save file or??

Thanks again.

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I will try it ^^

9. CoolKill3r

*removed*

10. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Uh, could someone help me? I just downloaded it, and in winrar it shows a map called wood_r4_1_04.
    What do to now?

11. CoolKill3r

*removed*

12. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Not as far as I'm aware. Otherwise just create a .cmd file and run a quick conversion;

ren *.sav *.nds.sav

:)

13. CoolKill3r

*removed*

14. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Whoot! World of zoo finally works :) (And sorry, but got someone a link with mario and sonic at the olympic winter games? Sorry if i'm ontopic)

15. githo

githo Member

Can I use cheats?

16. CoolKill3r

*removed*

17. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Ysmenu have the advantage of fixing your own games with infolib.dat savlib.dat extinfo.dat, if you know what you are dowing

But its a shame with this new software , The GameID or offsets - Hex can not be used from it, as its a converted file of akaio...

18. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Mario and Sonic at the olympic winter works, World of Zoo also ;)

19. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Doesn't work on my R4 SDHC (I know, it's a clone :()

Well, I'll stick to my YSmenu :(

20. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Now im wondering , what did they do to change AKmenu4.nds to DS_MEMU.dat ...? , In a simlure way the ysmenu dose...