1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New firmware for original R4 released - Wood R4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by KevInChester, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I heard of some people saying to to work on some R4 clones, but i can not prove that.
    Post Merge: [time]1270845769[/time]
    No prob's!

Edit your first post for a list of game that are confirmed to be working by us hear , in a quote

This would realy help people out...

2. ethelthehellmonkey

ethelthehellmonkey New Member

This is superb, was about to get an Acekard . . Thank you x Sega racing was a no- no till i found your thread, you sir are a Gent x

3. anonthegreat

anonthegreat Member

r4 will never die, its the best was the first (i think) sooo fffffffuuuuu r4 haters, and anyone who ever doubted your r4 ffffffuuuuuu

4. mcoig

mcoig New Member

word up

5. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

True that!

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your average "R4 Hater" does not generally hate the R4 because of the original R4, it's because of the other two dozen flashcarts out there named R4 which to the average user here is completely indistinguishable from the original R4, and which have varying levels of bad compatibility, yet everyone says "I have an R4, and it doesn't work for me!".

7. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

Can someone give me a download link? gbaTemp keeps giving me a 504 gateway time-out and I can't access the site.

8. TirithRR

Try this
    http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=9332

9. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

Thank you!

10. GhostFace977

GhostFace977 Well-Known Member

So is this like a whole new menu thing? Cause I'm wondering if I could use this at the same time with Ysmenu.
    I really hope I could..Because what if another game has AP, and an update comes out for Ysmenu..I'll have to recreate ysmenu and all of that all over again. If it doesn't work with Ysmenu on, will I have to delete all ysmenu files and replace it all with these R4 Wood files?

Any help would be appreciated. ;)

11. TirithRR

It's a whole new menu. Built from this person, Wood's, Acekard RPG firmware. Seeing as you can run Ysmenu from the R4 1.18 firmware, you could try to launch Ysmenu from this Wood R4 menu, and see if it works. I am not sure how compatible this Wood R4 firmware is with games required Anti-Piracy patching, if it doesn't work with the AP games, you might be able to boot Ysmenu with the updated anti-piracy extinfos to play those particular games.

You will just have to play around with it and see. It just gives the R4 users another route to go.

12. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Pretty much identical to AKAIO in most regards, so very high.

13. TirithRR

Alright. I wasn't sure if this RPG firmware was a current firmware that had been adapted, or an older version that had finally been adapted.

14. GhostFace977

GhostFace977 Well-Known Member

Hmm..Thanks.
    I'll try putting on this new menu, and try seeing if I could load Ysmenu through Ysmenu.nds.
    It might work. I'll get back to you guys on that.

15. viperver1

viperver1 Active Member

And I think that my R4 Ultra that has SDHC on it won't work with this?

I'm waiting till I hopefully replace my cart sometime soon for another one that is a bit better on compatibility.

16. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Confirmed not working for R4-III Upgrade. Stuck on Loading screen.

17. hiello604

hiello604 Well-Known Member

OoO, would mlb 2k10 work on this wood program. I have an r4 using v.1.18 and I've been waiting for a patch but have not seen one yet. :(

18. malts

malts New Member

So if I was to buy one of these R4's, would this new firmware likely work on it?

http://www.volumerate.com/details.vr/sku.30786

19. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

That's a R4DS card. I don't know if it works or not.

20. Tubey84

Tubey84 Member

I don't want to destroy my card by installing this, so I'm going to ask some sensational noob questions.

Do I manually delete the 1.18 firmware on the card and replace it with this?

Do I manually rename the save game files?

Is there any other blatant pitfalls that I should be aware of? xD

Cheers!