1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl On No$GBA [Saving Is Confirmed Working]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Golden Falcon, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If you're currently at 30% then you most likely won't be able to get it to 100% outside. NDS emulation is perfect at the moment so sadly some games, especially those with 3D, run awfully slow.

2. FireRider

FireRider Member

Can some1 post and a link where i can download the program for encrypting please?

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

encrypting what? if you just mean a general encryption, this isn't the place to ask because a) we don't support warez on this forum and b) this topic is about running pokemon using no$gba.

4. FireRider

FireRider Member

I know but i read on a forum that the solution for my problem can maybe be to encrypt the the rom...cuz still no1 talled me a solution for the black screen...

5. Loonylion

encrypting the rom? ??? I really can't see how that would make a difference; it would have to be decrypted to play it ???

6. Seph

You can find it here: Endrypts

And yes it has been known to be a solution to some problems.

7. FireRider

FireRider Member

Thank you :) Hope it works :-\

8. FireRider

FireRider Member

Waaaaaa how to encrypt a rom?xD :D

9. Iverix

Iverix New Member

Okay... so I followed every one of the steps and I get a message on the No$gba Emulator saying: The data cannot be read... etc. etc.

What is weird is that when I patch the file, a new file is not created. It just says the file was patched successfully and that is it.

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong? Is there another file that is created? And if so where does the created file go?

10. Seph

Are you sure you changed the save-type?

11. I recently got Pokemon Pearl and have been playing it on No$GBA. It works like a charm, I can save my game and everything's good. The only problem is I run 30-70% speed the entire time. It really brings down the "fun factor" of the game. I honestly can't afford a Nintendo DS and the game so emulations pretty much the only way to go.

My question is, when will the emulator be updated/fixed so that it can run at 100% speed? If it can play the entire rom with no problems I don't see why speed is such a problem. It shouldn't take 5 minutes just to walk from the Pokemon Center to the gym. :p

12. Seph

How would we know? We don't create the emulators, and even if we did we wouldn't know, you can't foresee the future like that. Emulator authors deserve far more credit than you seem to give them, it's not that easy.

13. I assumed that whoever was behind the No$GBA project was registered at this forum. My bad.

I know it must be hard to do, I certainly wouldn't have any clue where to begin. I just don't understand how the game can be completely, fully, and 100% playable with such terrible speed. Seems to me like speed would have been a higher priority than the game working. But I suppose I'll just wait.

14. Loonylion

Allow me to explain why the emulation is slow:

Suppose you go on holiday to a foreign country; one where most people don't speak english, and you don't speak their language. You'd need an interpreter, so lets examine how that works:

1) You say hello
    2) The interpreter translates that to the target language and says it to the other person
    3) They respond in their language
    4) The interpreter translates it to english and repeats the translation to you.

Compare that to a conversation between you and I:

1) You say hello
    2) I say hello

as you see, it takes longer when you don't speak the same language.

That is an almost perfect analogy of how an emulator works. The most notable difference is that when you are having a conversation via an interpreter, both parties know that there is an interpreter present; with an emulator the intention is that neither party is aware of the emulator.

To further this analogy, imagine that your interpreter is not very fluent/confident in one of the languages. This would slow things down significantly, and they'd make mistakes. This is analogous to an emulator at the stage NDS emulators are currently at.

15. ceruleanised

ceruleanised Member

I can play the game and most of it is working fine. The problem is I can't save the game. When I save it using the ingame function and reload the cartridge later on, the screen comes to start into a new game.

16. Seph

Use the patch as specified in the very first post.

17. ceruleanised

ceruleanised Member

I did, and I got the message that the patch is successful. However, I cannot find the 'patched game'. And I still load the old game in. Where do I find the patched game after the patch has been successfully carried out?

18. Seph

It should be applied to the game already, did you patch it from the beginning or after you had saved already?

19. ceruleanised

ceruleanised Member

From the beginning before I started everything. I followed the steps without missing out anything. I loaded the game into the emu and gameplay was fine after that. When I saved and restarted the emu, the game appeared to be unsaved and the whole game starts again.

20. IAMAGAMER

IAMAGAMER New Member

I cant seem to find the game on this site. can someone help mii ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???