1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon B&W: Turkish Translation? New Patches Soon?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tanuken, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Re: Pokemon B&W: Version 9. (LAST PATCH 11 RELEASED ON 21st of FEB!)

So by doing all that stuff with nitroexplorer2b, the Black Union Room issue will be fixed?

Still don't get why the White one already works without having to do all this tweaking.

2. gettajob0007

gettajob0007 Well-Known Member

thanks for the answer. But as I asked before. If I played this patched version, when the official release comes out can I use the same .sav file?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It might be possible, but there is always chances of it not working/faulty. After all the current file you're using is a Jpn rom with English translation in it. You can later on (next month) try to name both the .NDS and .SAV file the exact same name, and find the answer yourself. However based on HG/SS, doing so(using JPN save file on USA Rom) is possible and work properly.

No one can really answer correctly for you about this actually, since no have tried doing that on the US rom using the JPN save file as the US game apparently not yet out. We ain't psychic, which is why your question went unanswered for so long.

Edit:

My suggestion is to avoid using cheat or adding pokemon from past versions. That way at least you 'preserve' the save file from higher chances of corrupted data. Making it then be highly possible to transfer the JPN Save to the US Rom later on. Just remember to name the .NDS and .SAV the same name later on.

4. gettajob0007

Thanks. Since you can't answer it with certainty, can I then ask if anyone tried it with Heart Gold and Soul Silver and if they did, did it work?

5. Prectorian

I did, it work for the HG/SS. I had played it using the JPN Translated version made by Rykin122 (a member here), and then transfer the .SAV to the Official US version. I just name both files (.NDS and .SAV) with the same name. But why I said there is no telling about this trick work will work or not on B/W is because the B/W is programmed different from the past versions. You can tell from the graphic rendering difference between B/W and the past versions. Its coded differently too.

I had also switched my .SAV file from Black version and used it in the white version. But that was done in the very early stage of the game where I've not yet collect any pokemon. Doing so in the later stage might not work, since there are some pokemon dedicated/exclusive to black or white only. So switching the .Sav file after getting that exclusive pokemon might not be possible.

6. xManaphyx

xManaphyx Member

is it me or .. what?
    Whenever I play pokemon black and white, it took longer time to enter a battle scene or a building
    I tot it was supposed to be like that
    But when i watched a tour guide, i saw them roaming around quite quickly just like playing Diamond and Pearl
    was using R4i and NDSi XL, yeah stop nagging R4 is a piece of rubbish i have no choice i have to pick it :<

7. gettajob0007

If you hadn't collected any pokemon yet, why bother switching the .sav files. Why not just start a new game?

8. Prectorian

Because of the liberty ticket distribution save is in that .SAV. So I switch it immediately otherwise I'd be without that ticket on the white version. And another reason why I switched was because so many was complaining about error in the black version. I'd started playing this game right about 1 day after its released. That's why.

9. DaveRyan

DaveRyan Well-Known Member

Change Shippou City to Nacrene City.
    Post Merge: [time]1296634585[/time]
    You can enter to the Union Room by applying Rudolph' s Patch Version 2 or 3 only.

10. Xalfrea

I gotta apply a patch? Crap, and how the heck are you supposed to anyway? Not to mention it only says that the EXP issue is to be fixed, nothing about the Union Room.

Then I saw a pre-patched V7. Can I use that instead and have the Union Room problem be solved?

11. Prectorian

Its simple patching tool from Rudolph. And it does says about the union room been fixed by using Rudolph's patch.

Download this for Black version : http://lnk.co/splash.php?l=GDLHB
    Download this for WHite version : http://lnk.co/splash.php?l=GDLF6

or

Download this for Black version: http://lnk.co/splash.php?l=GH9BJ
    Download this for White version: http://lnk.co/GH9BF

What you need to do:
    1. Download the above patch that suit your need
    2. Unpack it using RAR decompressing file (WINRAR or 7Z)
    3. Drag and drop your pokemon rom on top of the patch (the one with hammer icon)
    4. Wait until a small box says "DONE"
    5. Delete the file that says ".bak"
    6. Take the .NDS rom and place it back into your cart.
    7. Try it, and maybe it will solve your issue. Who knows.

** A pre-patched rom might means that its been patched with the english patch but not yet with rudolph's. There's no harm re-patching it with Rudolph's patch tool.

12. Xalfrea

Well, I did just that....

and NOTHING happened. In my Black rom nothing happens when I get into the Union Room. Screen still stays blank.

13. Prectorian

That could only means 1 thing. You got a faulty rom copy. Its not strange incident actually. There's been one too many people saying the black rom got issues that the white rom doesn't have. Maybe changing with another copy from a different source could solve the issue.

14. Xalfrea

Hmm...possibly. Any other places? My worry is that I might not be able to find another rom that has the english patches.

Unless there's like a V8 available? Or if I wait till Feb 21st for this V9?

15. Prectorian

Actually there is another v8 by koolayde who is doing a separate project from the one that Tanuken is doing. You'll need to do the patching by yourself, since no one seems to have dumped a pre-patched v8 version, at least so far I've never came across any link from anyone providing a pre-patched v.8.

As apparently after v.7 no one been interested to update to the new one since its coming from a different translator (originally was Kazowar: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11746-Pokmon-Black-and-White-Translation-Project-v3-(Project-is-complete!)). And like Tanuken's, Kooleyde too changed the names of the characters, pokemon and places to match the upcoming US version, which not many seems to appreciate.

Anyway, this v.8 comes in a patch version which you need to use xDelta to do the patching, just follow the direction in that link : http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12665-Pokmon-Black-and-White-Translation-Project-v4-Revenge-of-the-Translation-(read-first-3-posts)/page3

And the v.8 by Koolayde mostly concentrate on the HIGH LINK issues.

Basically what you need to do are these;
    1. Download a clean copy of the pokemon rom (unpatched version)
    2. Download the xDelta patching tool : http://www.mediafire.com/?b7em3n4sn7hhmtr
    3. Download the v.8 patch of your choice from the above link
    4. Download the Rudolph Patch that matches the rom you want to patch
    5. Upack all compressed files
    6. Copy 1 clean rom copy into the xDelta folder
    7. Copy the translation v.8 patch file to the same folder
    8. Now double click on the xDelta GUI and select the patch file and the rom to patch
    9. Press OK/Patch - wait until the new patched rom show the exact same file size as the original unpatched file
    10. Drag the newly made patched rom to Rudolph patcher and wait until "DONE"
    11. Now test it.

* I don't know where you can get a new/fresh unpatched rom. You might need to look around the internet. Or wait until someone decide to upload it (Tabuken's version or Koolayde's version) which could be who knows when?!

16. Xalfrea

Hmm...

There could be another option. If the Union Room isn't working, the Wi-Fi process could be viable. Trade Friend codes with my B/W and just do it the long way.

No way to try yet since I need to get another MicroSD and another AK2i. But I can at least see if the Black rom can enter the Wi-Fi club. Unless that one doesn't work either, then I'll try the steps you posted, or wait for V9.

I swear, this is all some conspiracy, the Black Version rom having issues but the White Version rom working perfectly.

17. Prectorian

Actually not some conspiracy. Someone mentioned in a site that the black (clean-unpatched) rom could be a bad dumped version that is in circulation on the net. Which could be the reason why the black rom have issues but not the white. But those are their comments on that particular site.

18. Xalfrea

Lol, even then the guy who dumped probably would have a good laugh if he knowingly released a lousy dumped rom.

But at any rate, I can enter the Wi-Fi room no problems. I'd like to do some trades to test, but last thing I want to do is go on Gamefaqs.

19. Tanuken

Tanuken Well-Known Member

Actually to be honest V9 is OUT already, V10 is on 10th februrary and the last ever patch I will do will be released on the 21st!

20. Chaz03

Chaz03 Well-Known Member

does this include all offical names cuz serebii showed today all of the confirmed ones
    http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml