1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caturdayz

Caturdayz Active Member

IceColdKiller has made about 10 different posts that don't offer any help other than "use desmume" even though it doesn't seem to work for anyone but them.

2. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Re-download the ROM files and Re-Extract them.
    Please only use One at a time.
    It worked for me.
    If you want to use the English translation then do the following:
    Download ROM->Unzip ROM->Rename it to something short like "PSS" or "PHG"->Patch it with the Anti-Freeze Patch from Rudolph first->Then Patch it with the CLEAN ENGLISH PATCH "PSSE/PHGE". Enjoy.

I am using Acekard 2i running AKAIO 1.4.1.
    I downloaded using the USA Server.

3. nightshizumu

nightshizumu Member

tried that no luck keep gettin the cant find original pokemon HG SS file :(
    btw i dont need any translation i want it plain jap coz i can read jap thanks

so plz help :( did i mention im using the R4 SDHC

4. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

im using r4 sdhc and i downloaded a pokemon hg rom and i patched it and no freezes and english patch ye

5. p4tman

p4tman Guest

Still no luck with Itouch ds :(

6. Caturdayz

Caturdayz Active Member

Running No$gba, anti-bsod, anti-freeze, and english patch.

Works like a charm

7. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

ok I'm a huge noob to this! Soo.. I grab any HGSS ROM That I downloaded from the internet and Drag and drop it to the "PATCH" hammer gif? then..?

8. Sirwillis04

Sirwillis04 Member

I am running the latest M3DS firmware with the SoulSilver ROM that naruto posted earlier (page 8/9 ish).
    It works fine except for PokeGear. In this case, I simply have another ROM that I can just transfer the save over, do what I need to do with it, then quickly save and migrate that save back to Naruto's ROM.
    It's the best I can do right now, and it seems to do the job.

EDIT: Please note that the second ROM ONLY has the arm7 patch done on it. This is so that I don't get the god-forsaken black screen of death.

9. Alexhua

Alexhua Member

Bojack your version did not work on my Acekard 2i. I tried loading my old Gold file and the screen went black (music still playing).

I'll be using Naruto's version for now. It doesn't freeze very often.

10. nightshizumu

nightshizumu Member

OK GUYS!!!
    Thanks to Nemesis11 & me (not reli he did all the work lolz)
    Download link to Pokemon Heart gold eng patched NO black screen no freezing no crashin or anything WORKS FINE on my R4 on the other flash cards i donno but pretty sure it will work

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9Q3E0DMV

the menu, pokemon names, pokemon moves/attacks, maps are all in english

BUT if u talk to people its in jap but the most important part is that its in eng

some people probs already have this & some dont so just helping i also have Soulsilver but i donno if it will freeze/crash its same with HG but gotta check :p

have fun all credit goes to nemesis

oh btw i can read jap & does any1 knows how to REMOVE only the english from this patched DS rom or is it impossible?
    if it is ill just buy 1 from japan :) coz i just wanna play it on PLAIN japanese any1 who can do this will be a great help thanks

11. LinkSu

LinkSu Member

I try it on my m3real...
    I told you if it work.

[EDIT]: Always this f****** pokegear bug...

12. Mr.Smackdown

Mr.Smackdown Active Member

Is that the best englisch version? when yes, link it please, i need the link!

And where is the IPS Patch???

13. dragneon007

I found a HG ROM and its all in japanese, but its working Perfectly on my flashcart"Acekard2i" So far no BSOD no saving problem's and nothing has happen like freezing glitching, I am testing it even as we speak and Its running pretty damn well.. Thoe its all in japanese but its running

if it works as it claimes then I will post the link

UPDATE
    never mind it failed and it crashes

14. Mr.Smackdown

FINALLY FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! M3 USER LOOK OUT!!!! I HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

This are the KazoWAR English Version this one with the Pokegear Bug on the M3 but we in Germany have patched it!!!!!!!!!

This is the KazoWAR Version, all english without the people and WITH the Pokegear!!!! The Pokegear bug IS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! I have tested it on my M3 FINALYY it works...... Im so happy i can cry......

Soul Silver
    http://rapidshare.com/files/279263238/Pokemon_Soul_Silver__Dslazy___Englisch_patch_.nds

Heart Gold
    http://rapidshare.com/files/279256907/Pokemon_Heart_Gold__Dslazy___Englisch_patch_.nds

15. Sirwillis04

Sirwillis04 Member

do you get freezes or anything?
    (i don't wanna use up more quota for nothing) XD

16. Mr.Smackdown

You can become a freeze but maybe in 2 hour one or so, i have play 2 hours now with nothing. Its the best version on the Internet and, for all the M3 User here! Its the english game without the Pokegear bug!!!
    Maybe you become no freeze, personal, i have in this moment no freezes.

17. Sirwillis04

Sirwillis04 Member

thankyou for the clarification. i shall try it now.

EDIT: will it work with my old save?

18. AdolfHendrix

AdolfHendrix Member

Im using an R4i with Narutos suggested patch. I left the game running for about 90 minutes and entered and exited battles and buildings without a problem, but it froze randomly sometime after that.

Anyway, I was wondering if Luga's suggested link works better then Narutos.

19. Mr.Smackdown

Everything but no story text. But all Items, all Pokemons, battletext, Pokecenter, Shop, Main menu, Save menu and more.

20. dragneon007

I tried it! and it works on Acekard2i and I also tried it on NO$GBA and the saving on no$gba freezes up
    but on the flashcart it seems to be working right now... BUT!!!
    its not english! the battle text moves or items! there still in japanese

I downloaded the link you provided and downloaded the HG version

I can't complain thoe its working right now with my flashcart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.