1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eltoshen

Eltoshen Member

Have you saved your game yet?

2. OniEclipse

OniEclipse New Member

That's because the .bak file is the original unpatched ROM. Do not use that one, use the .nds file that is there. Don't change any extensions as the .nds file you see is the patched ROM. It also clearly states in the previous post to use the .nds file and NOT to change the extension of the .bak (.bak as in backup).

I'm going to try this now myself and will post my results.

EDIT: Seems to work fine so far. Can save and no freezes just yet and it works with my old save too. Minor graphical glitches I was having before are also gone so its looking good right now. We'll see.

3. sp-ky

sp-ky Active Member

sorry but I'm a little slow. After I put the rom on the patch a new one will appear it's the .bak so I go back to the original one and play but it still freezes

4. Bojack

Bojack Member

well with these patched roms i have uploaded for M3 Real flashcart...

Heart Gold
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=452IAZDE

Soul Silver
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4CQSC3AN

the Japanese is fully intact. I personally prefer it exactly how it is in Japanese. the roms are for M3 Real cart and i believe will work with other types of M3's. also im not sure how it will run on other flashcart brands. so for now this is for M3 cart users.

I've already gotten all 8 badges and currently playing for about 15 hours. Saving and pokegear are fine. I have only ran into one black screen, and had about 3-4 freezes in battle. also trading to another DS is a bit wonky, and i have not tried online yet. other than that the game is running pretty good.

5. L189

L189 New Member

Still freezes with my Acekard 2i

6. Alexhua

Alexhua Member

I am going to test Mr. Smackdown's patched version all day today and see if there are any problems for it on the Acekard2i.

7. katjay

katjay New Member

Hear, hear! I know it might be a little extra work for those who are already kind enough to upload completely prepatched games, but if they could also upload the patches alone--and preferably link them in the same posts as the prepatched games, with labels as to which patch is for the freeze and which is for English--I (and many others) would be extremely grateful.

For now I've found that Rudolph's has worked the best for me--I use a DSTT with v1.17 official DSTT firmware--took 4 hours before I got my first freeze (it was a kind of really random freeze, though--I was simply walking around when it froze, not going through doors or opening my Pokegear or any of the usual triggers). However, I haven't beaten the 3rd gym yet, and I'm reading lots of reports that the freezing ramps up considerably after beating Whitney even if the game was relatively freeze-free before then.

8. Mr.Smackdown

Mr.Smackdown Active Member

MY VERSION!!!!

Its english and for the M3 without Pokegear Bug!!! Look on site 15 and 14.

9. Caturdayz

Caturdayz Active Member

My patched rom works quite smoothly on No$...

Why are people using Desmume?

10. Alexhua

Alexhua Member

Mr. Smackdown your version isn't perfect yet. It still froze on my Acekard 2i when I was trying to Fly. It happened about an hour of gameplay, maybe less.

11. Mr.Smackdown

Mr.Smackdown Active Member

No that is not Perfect i know, but with that english, without the Pokegear bug on Flashcards, the best version out yet and for a long time maybe. Because, will we become a Perfect Japanese version, yes, but this english version is so good as perfect and the best in this moment!!!!!

12. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

No problems with saving, BSOD, pokegear, and after the third gym?
    OK! sooo... is it working perfect both on acekard2i and no$gba 2.6?

dude can I have the Game your using because That's exactly what I need!
    a working game on no$gba 2.6 and a working game on my acekard2i

So its working on both you say? like no crashing at all? even after hours of gameplay?
    :eek:
    Dude I must have the one your using!

13. rebell45

rebell45 Member

hey

hey guys
    i think
    ther isn a perfect rom for flashcards and emulators
    better we wait for the usa-release or european
    i have tested all links with roms,patches, in this forum or another sites
    when i play the game on my m3 flashcard
    its freeze after 10-20 minutes
    or black screen
    bla bla......
    i hope
    someone can find a good rom for working on flashcards

14. Caturdayz

Caturdayz Active Member

hey re
    bell ithink
    you should take
    some english
    classes be4
    it comes out

15. ot3to

ot3to New Member

The rom has been working decently until after I get the fourth badge.(It has eng patch)

The game crashes every time I try to load it back up after saving. I've looking through all the prev. posts and tried them all and none work....

Only thing that is somewhat of an improvement was the no$zoomer but I get black screens and sometimes crashes ....

Also I have been applying the anti piracy action replay code every time, still no use. ???

16. rebell45

rebell45 Member

Mr.Smackdown

i played on my m3
    its work 10 or 20 minutes
    and than comes a froze

my firmware is the latest sakura
    and yours?

17. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

i got Heart gold and soul silver patches on another forum that i've applied and played for 2 hours straight (i'm almost 7 hours into the game) on R4 kernel 1.18 without bugs (pokegear too), lags, BSOD or freezing.
    Here are the download links:

Soul Silver patch: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DG5TMHWQ

Heart Gold patch: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D5K3IQG3

Just drag and drop a unpatched rom on one of the folders and use apply patch.bat (i've used HG/SSlocalized). This was not made by me.

18. zaikanata

zaikanata Member

Alright, here's an eye opener. (I have Heart Gold By the way. lugia is just too overrated for me. ={/ )

I have a M3i Zero cart. It has the latest M3 Sakura firmware (Straight off GBATEMP itself.)
    I've never had the black screen, and my game doesn't freeze after I enter, leave, or talk to people/pokemon center.

It works almost perfectly. I don't even have the pokegear glitch. The only two problems, however, is this: the game freezes when I attempt to save, and it freezes when I attempt to leave the town AFTER the town you start your adventure in. I've tried the countless patches posted (Yours doesn't work at all Mr. Smackdown, don't say that it will.) only for all of them to do nothing. I still have the same exact two bugs.
    I'm pretty much at my wits end, and the constant failing of every patch here is making me quite aggravated. I've even formatted my MicroSD and reinstalled the system and FCORE back onto the cart. Still no change whatsoever.

I'm not failing to patch the rom either, because I've placed in the english patch and it worked, but still no saving.

Just a heads up.

19. i_illusion

i_illusion Active Member

Is there any patches for the original R4? I currently freeze every 45 minutes or so, I don't really mind it. I've gotten 8 badges so far cause I'm use to saving rapidly and restarting my ds. But it would be nice if there's a patch that will either extend the piracy checks, or get rid of them completely. Without deleting the original save files on the game. :/ Anyone have a patch for that? I don't mind if english is included or not :/

20. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

i_illusion, the patches i've posted made both HG and SS work flawlessly for me for 2 straight hours (didn't froze) i still am using the save file from the previous versions (i just rename the rom and it works).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.