1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_illusion

i_illusion Active Member

I have a problem as well with freezing. I used the patch right when I downloaded the game. Everything worked fine.. But I do experience freezes at random points in the game.. So is there a patch being developed for that yet? xD

2. Legolas007

Legolas007 New Member

i think there are patchs being developed for that but i dont know any sorry :(

3. shellshar5

shellshar5 Member

ugh this is driving me crazy :D gahaha I guess I mma hafta wait

4. i_illusion

i_illusion Active Member

I should just get my homework and work on that. Even though it's not due till Monday... xD

5. ChangeJD

ChangeJD Well-Known Member

For anybody who wants a patch that translates menu, pokemon, and items to English, download it here!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNKUJZ28

Follow the directions and it will patch over your previous game.

If you are a NO$GBA user, to make your save file compatible with the newly patched game, you need to go to your Battery folder, find your save file, make a copy of it, and rename it as such:

Original name: 4160 - Pokemon Soul Silver (J)(Xenophobia).SAV
    New name: 4160 - Pokemon Soul Silver (J)(Xenophobia)_patched.SAV

It really is a pretty good preliminary translation.

6. doomhit

doomhit Member

someone should just make a video on youtube of how to fix black screen that would be very nice it help out the noobs like me xD if someone is nice enough plz put a link ty

7. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I have to say the english patches so far have been great!

I can't wait to see how good the game has been translated in a months time. The good news is that there are a few people in the game that say pretty much the same thing as what they did in the Gold/Silver, so it makes it that little bit easier.

Has anyone noticed any issues involving not having the Pokewalker?

8. Aerow

Aerow Guest

IT WORKS!!!!
    Finally thanks for the pre patched SS

9. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Okay, I have kept track of the time I started playing (resuming SAVE) and found out that WITH THE PATCH the game CRASHES EXACTLY EVERY 45 MINUTES. A method of anti-piracy like this is also used in the SQUARE ENIX game: FFCC: Ring of Fates.
    So in retrospect, the EXACT SAME PATCHING METHOD could be implemented in fixing this F*%&ER!

Until the patch is fixed and the game works seamlessly...Save every 10 Minutes, after the 4th Save, re-start your DS and re-boot the game!

10. Okurasu

Okurasu New Member

Are there any working patches for black screens? I downloaded all of them and none of them worked, the best I could get was laggy SoulSilver with errors and shuting down od 'ideas' emulator

11. Rob50246

Rob50246 Member

I thank you again, once again has worked flawlessly, and i agree, it is a pretty good translation.

12. ChangeJD

Your welcome...I'm just trying to get as many people as possible up and running on this game.

Plus, it feels good when you get thanked :)

13. zeyad477

zeyad477 Member

okay, here's you can download Pokemon Heart Gold with the pokefix patch and the English patch that translates menu, pokemon, and items to English are already installed :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TAL0Q94

As ChangeJD said : This is for the NO$GBA 2.6a ONLY!!! It has the fix for the black screen already installed plus the Translation. So please make sure you have to go to your emulator options before playing and set Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA BIOS, and set NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to Auto.

I hope this image will help you:

NO$GBA 2.6a Option Setup
    [​IMG]

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You know what? I decided to try to download this and play it, just so I'd have some experience getting it to work (I personally don't like Pokemon games).

My No$GBA crashes when ever I try to set it to GBA BIOS.

I failed. Kind of funny, if you think about it.

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Load a game first, set it to GBA BIOS, then Reset Cartridge.

16. Bws2cool

Bws2cool Member

Gah. I have downloaded multiple patches. Tried all of them. Changed the settings you said. Nothing works.
    I still get a black screen after naming my character and shrinking.

I am using no$gba 2.6 and I have tried everything everyone has said. I need a step by step guide on what to do to get my HeartGold working.

17. ChangeJD

That just might be your problem. Are you using 2.6a or just regular 2.6?

18. aussiedragon975

aussiedragon975 Active Member

i am testing it now for r4i ultra will tell uz if it works

19. Bws2cool

Bws2cool Member

2.6a

sorry. forgot to say that.

20. aussiedragon975

aussiedragon975 Active Member

working perfect for r4i ultra ^_^ does the translation work on flash carts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.