1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sneak Peek & Change Log

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i hope it gets active too .

2. jackass@lala

jackass@lala Well-Known Member

so.. when will this be done?

3. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

admins say SOONTM ;D

4. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

If you want a huge picture of me on the front page, just tell me, I'll find a nice one.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Hit a snag with the premium membership payment processor which has delayed this for a bit. I think I have found a solution that I'm implementing now, then I will get back on working on the new version.

6. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

This is resolved right?
    So when do we see the new romu?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

When it's ready(tm)

8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Ha

I thought you might post SOON(tm) :D

9. Seph

I'm still actively working on this. Right now the design is being done, after that we should be able to launch an initial version. This version will not have much new things, in fact some of the old features will disappear. It will, however, be completely rewritten in Laravel and actual good code so that I can focus on just blasting out new features and not always run into unexpected bugs whenever I change something.

I should be able to give another sneak peek within 2 weeks.

10. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

(thumbs up) :D 👍 👍

11. Seph

It's getting very close now, I'm quite excited to finally be able to update the site again. It's been a long while since we really did anything new. Right now we've just finished the overall design style and we will be working on implementing it now and finishing up some sub pages. Once that's integrated we will prepare the new hosting and migrate over.

Some of the behind-the-scenes stuff planned:
    • Host the site code on AWS for easy scalability.
    • Use a CDN to ensure fast load times world-wide.
    • Provide a HTTPS version to ensure the safety of our users.
    For now, a tiny sneak-peek of our new logo. A more thorough sneak-peak of our design will be coming soon.

[​IMG]

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

[​IMG]

Just my two cents seph and no offense intended, I love the fact that the logo incorporates an Atari looking joystick and yet the site doesn't have any classic Atari games on its library.

How about swapping out the joystick for our Polar Bear mascot instead?

13. Seph

Polar bear mascot does not symbolize our site, though, or what we're all about - it's just a fun joke.

I'd much rather work on reintroducing retro games as showing people the really old games is also part of our goal. The problem before was that retro game was handled rather poorly and it caused too many bugs on the site.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I see.

Kudos on considering reintroducing retro systems again :)

15. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

This is exciting! Best of luck.

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Woah, the Grammar Nazi king (and I meant that as a compliment buddy) rose up from the depths of the interwebs grave.

The forums have been overrun by imbeciles blatantly disregarding the "Use of Proper English" rule ever since your absence :(

17. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Nice ROMULATION logo! :D

My request for new Romulation! ;)

Add toolbar buttons for Quick Reply, so I can click Bold, Italic etc button, Youtube (or Media) button etc rather than just typing BB Code likes:- [ b] [ /b]

Other forum websites likes GBATemp and NGEmu already have this features. Very fast and easy! :D

18. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Seph ol' buddy, I've got some experience with AWS so hit me up if you need a hand with anything.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That defeats the point of quick reply, if you want the buttons use the full reply page. Secondly, we don't edit the forum code.

20. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I'd probably miss the nostalgia of the current design.