1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sneak Peek & Change Log

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Apr 18, 2015.

1. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Sound likes modify profile again, just likes first time register this forum before. Anyway, thanks for adding LIKE button, including TROPHY feature! :D

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it took a lot longer than we expected.

Avatars did not import, people will have to reupload them. Remote linked avatars is not supported. Not sure what happened with the text, Seph said something about UTF8 though, so its probably an encoding issue.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

What are peoples thoughts on this more narrow width rather than the full page width? I found it kind of hard to read before.

4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

It's fine, what happens if a picture is posted that is longer than the boundaries? Does it get resized or is it put into a scrolling box?

5. Seph

Not sure, but definitely one of them. XenForo should have most of those cases covered.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

The new layout is a bit confusing :confused:

How can I get to my profile editing page?

Never mind, I found it.

But my Birthday is absolutely wrong... January 31, 1900 0_o

As Prectorian mentioned the new forum engine can't "read" scripts from other languages.

Also definitely need my username repaired again too.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Additional findings:

As mentioned in my earlier post regarding no.2 issue. The changes made to 'about you' under 'personal details' isn't reflected in the text shown under the user's avatar. Thus the gibberish text under my avatar are stuck like barnacles despite the changes I've made and saved in the 'personal details'.

Also Seph & Loonylion, you're both not 'highlighted as red'? I think Seph, you should later on re-decide the color designation for regular members, premium, moderator, admin, etc. At current Loonylion's name is colored the same as regular member. (* I've no say for your color designation since you're always changing your membership position.:rolleyes:) Though I understand now there's just 2 staff members, with the rest of us mods & global mod not yet re-appointed.

*Silly note:*
    Now I know Reider's initial username was Asmadi... :p

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  8. Reider

Reider Modereider

Well, I can see reports and do certain things at the moment.

But yeah, I haven't felt this underpowered in years. It's weird.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Off topic Banter:

Man where's a Vampire Hunter when you need one :(

I'm friggin' one hundred and fifteen years old. Paging the Belmont Clan, please free me of this curse...

10. Prectorian

Don't worry, you're not alone.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Wrong box, that's why. 'about you' is for your profile page only.

12. Prectorian

Yeah, I noticed when finally those gibberish text turned out to be 'active member' in replacement of 'premium'.
    I had decided to move the text that used to be seen below the avatar to 'about you', but because it remained missing, so I've settled to placing it below my signature. And seems like Seph had immediately resolved most if not all of our reports within a few minutes. Problem solved.

13. Seph

New feature: Including a system name in your search will search only that system. So, for example, searching "Bomberman Wii" will search Wii games for "Bomberman".

14. Prectorian

Cool.

Got 1 question for you (for now); how do I see who are following me? Not that I like the idea of being stalked.
    Can't seems to find it, though I've been able to see other's followers.

15. Seph

Go to your profile page and look at the left side of the page. Thought you might not have anyone following you in which case it probably won't show.

16. Prectorian

In that case, I haven't anyone following me because it isn't there.

17. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You do now. ;)

18. Prectorian

:D

M.AzaryPika3172 likes this.
  19. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Testing 1-2-3.... Clicking LIKE button at Prectorian post... Oh! Yeah! :D

Prectorian likes this.
  20. sonic_fan_num_1

sonic_fan_num_1 Well-Known Member

The site looks really good. Great job, guys.