1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Spam Thread Mk. III

Discussion in 'Forum Games, Jokes & Random' started by Reider, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

494 onlines today, yet all day long today only 2 person made posts here. Pathetic or what.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

3. Prectorian

Yeah! Wow. It's saddening.

4. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

who'd have thunk that many people enjoy lurking?

5. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I been lurking here for years now. It's a hoot.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Not really, it's worth it for the shirts sometimes but it's mostly meme infested garbage (ie whatever is hot at the moment).

7. Prectorian

Today alone, we have +300 of them. And that's just 'guests' not yet include 'members' that never/barely made posts in the forum.
    Business wise, that's heck of a lot of untapped potential to mine.

Of cause that can't be compared with sitting on a production line assembling knock off mobile phones. :p *Peace*

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Seph doesn't assemble them, he's too important.

9. Prectorian

I know. Was just joking. But it is really sad to see the forum's slow down.

10. Reider

Reider Modereider

Lot less mess dealing with spambots than dealing with deranged morons sending death threats over the stupidest shit at least.

I'll take the silence.

11. Prectorian

Death threats? Where? I'm seeing an up of cart site advertisers lately. And wondering if it's just one guy with multiple accounts. It's no secret some members here does have multiple secondary accounts, active or not.

In any case, Loony don't you ever sleep? I'm seeing you nearly all day long.

12. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'm talking about some older shit that's happened back when we were active.

It's not worth really discussing at this point though.

13. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

i didn't really watch any unboxings, but does every box have a shirt, or just some? i couldn't really tell all that much from the mixed reviews i checked before asking

@Reider: how long ago were people making death threats? i've been here for years, and don't remember seeing any, unless they were made outside the spam thread

14. Prectorian

Yeah ... the Good 'O Days.

15. Reider

Reider Modereider

The death threats and the like didn't happen out in the open. This was all shit that went on behind the scenes and I ended up getting dragged into a lot of it.

I'd rather keep my silence on most of it though I think the incident with the roleplaying board is one of those ones I should've talked about with people back when it happened. Not that I really care to stir up old drama but that incident in particular left a lot of sour feelings and was probably about the closest I'd come to quitting in all the time I've done this job.

Couple years too late though I suppose.

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Every once in a while, it's kinda random what you get, not a lot of people get the same stuff in those boxes. The shirts are aight but I'd rather just get shirts on their own for 20 dolla a pop. Plus I'm not into figurines, stickers, or cheesy knick knacks (which is what most of them are). It's not really worth it, just get a shirt you know you'd want every month and that's better than loot crates.

Uhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

17. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Heh, the RP board drama was that bad? Wish I knew the details.

You can talk to me Reider baby, let it all out.

18. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

^

19. Reider

Reider Modereider

Sure, what the hell. I've been quiet on it long enough.

Hope you'll forgive me for leaving out some of the gorier details though. I'd rather not drag in anybody who doesn't need to be mentioned because there were a lot of people involved in this aside from the ones that are gonna be mentioned.

It all started on a quiet night, around 3:30 AM. I'm sleeping and next thing I know my IRC client starts beeping. My first thought was "Why the fuck did I leave that on?" and my second thought is "May as well go look just in case I can make fun of somebody."

<Jonez> Hey.

Oh, Jonezy boy. Not somebody I expect to see on IRC, much less approaching me. Whatever it is might actually be a problem so I'm all like "sup dawg? What's got your balls in a vice?"

This was about Athemoe apparently. I don't have the specific log for that part anymore but there was some deal with Athemoe causing trouble. Turns out Jonezy boy wanted me to get rid of him any way I could. I was more or less on board for it because what the hell, Athemoe pissed me off sometimes. Not that that's saying much granted, I'm really easy to irritate at times.

But anyways, I'm on board with this so Jonezy boy more or less does the 'big reveal' on Athemoe being a dude(because for the longest time he ran around as a girl) among other things.

Just to throw in some quotes I do have saved:

<Jonez> So where are you going to take Akane down?
    <Jonez> Melfice & NekoArmy support your actions

So a week later we've got this huuuuuuge build-up because people know it's coming and the suspense is just killer. Honestly, I was just being lazy about it so that part didn't really affect me. It was when I talked to Athemoe and found out the reason for all of this that sort of set me off. I will be skipping out on some of the messier details because nobody needs to see it. I'm sure everybody already knows what happened with the whole demodding thing and whatnot. Mizzari was being a cunt and posting his facebook everywhere, all that sort of stuff.

[19:13] [Reider] If you'll pardon my asking though, what exactly happened between you guys that caused him to want to do this?
    [19:14] <Akane> Roleplay
    [19:14] [Reider] ...
    [19:14] <Akane> He's being all elite and shit
    [19:14] [Reider] Roleplay
    [19:14] [Reider] He started all of this
    [19:14] <Akane> Shitplay
    [19:15] [Reider] over his shitty fucking thread?
    [19:15] <Akane> Yes
    [19:15] [Reider] I'm gonna kill him.
    [19:15] <Akane> 'don't call it shitty its my life derp'
    [19:15] <Akane> He was passed when I deleted it
    [19:15] [Reider] I'm seriously going to fucking kill him over this.
    [19:15] <Akane> He was pissed when I said it was shit
    [19:15] <Akane> Why
    [19:15] [Reider] It's just a fucking thread
    [19:16] <Akane> You got what you wanted
    [19:16] <Akane> I lost my powers
    [19:16] [Reider] You don't shaft your friends over a fucking thread

Now, granted I'm somebody who'd find children getting pushed into traffic hilarious so this whole moral outrage thing coming from me is probably the weirdest looking thing I imagine any of you have ever seen. I sometimes like to think I have just enough respect for people that I'd at least talk to them before I throw them out to hang like Jonez did, especially over something as ultimately meaningless as roleplaying.

But anyways, one of the RP threads went kaboom. I was gonna leave it at that since that sort of thing tends to really get the point across not to piss me off further but then the two cronies decided that they didn't like it(I still give no fucks what either of them think just to note) so they started flooding the forum and the IRC channel with shit(Jonez was too beta to do anything himself so he just kinda sat there and watched) and by this point, I was just fucking sick of the entire thing so I wiped it all and banned mizzari and the other dickhead in the process(again) and told Jonezy boy if he didn't pull his lapdogs he was going with them. Then this lovely silence followed with the spawning of their arpegi site(Yes I do know about it and no I don't care). I've no doubt in my mind that was one of the biggest contributors as to why the social side of this site fell silent.

I won't deny that my course of action wasn't the best. I wasn't just screwing Jonez, mizzari and the other guy over, I screwed over a fair few more people who weren't being asshats over stupid shit. I do regret that I took away their fun but at the time, I honestly saw no better options anymore. If I wiped out the one thing they wanted above all then they'd have no more reason to come back and I just wanted the chaos to end by any means.

So to all of those who didn't deserve it, I do want to express that I'm sorry for any harm caused, unintentional to you as it was. I do want people to understand that there was no real innocent party in this whole ordeal though so if I've accomplished that much then I'm content.

Anyways, to end this:

[06:23] <shredc0re> Donkeyballs
    [06:23] <shredc0re> Bet you like 'em
    [06:23] <shredc0re> <3

News at 11.

20. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

THAT's the drama?

Seriously though, bad decision making from step one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.