1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanusP

JanusP Member

Edit: As it turns out, I managed to find my issue. My "Local Area Connection" was disabled under my computer's Network and Sharing Center. I will retry and let you know if I have any luck.

Also, thank you for the help thus far.

Edit II: Has a solution to Error 20104 been found, aside from the two alternate firmwares in the initial post? Neither of the two options worked for me, unfortunately.

Edit III: Switched to the 0.9.6 version, and this cleared up the issue. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm connected for the time being. Thanks for all the info in the thread.

2. SkullCross

SkullCross New Member

i dont understand, every settings its fine... but when i start the test connection it keeps green for a while and after 10 seconds becomes red and got connection error :S

Post Merge: [time]1313414115[/time]
    i dont understand, every settings its fine... but when i start the test connection it keeps green for a while and after 10 seconds becomes red and got connection error :S

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@SkullCross,

You'll need to specify what your internet connection is ;
    1. Is it connected through Wired LAN Broadband or Wireless?
    2. What's your router device?
    3. How many computers are using the same line?
    4. Have you exclude WinPcap and DeSmuMe from your firewall and antivirus list?
    5. etc.

Cause it seems to me, your connection is either being blocked by firewall/antivirus or you are not using the recommended connection method. Please read Loonylion's posts above your's. If you feel that you are using the proper connection method, try using DeSmuMe SVN 3947 (on page 1). But I'm sure you're running the program on Win 7.

4. KSlove

KSlove New Member

@prectorian,

Hi, thanks for this great tutorial, but I still have some doubts regarding this pokemon wi-fi:
    1.Is this wi-fi still working until now?
    2.If it is a yes to no.1, is there any other available method to fix error 20104?(other than the one available online) Because it didn't seems to work for mine, and ya i'm using the notorious window 7 =x

5. Prectorian

1. Yes its working on the Pokemon games to play in the dream world (but not the Entre-Bridge)
    But at the moment all Mystery Gifts Distribution Download had expired. Dream World is fully playable, and C-Gear skins, Pokedex
    skin, upload-download dreamworld pokemon and stuffs are fully working. (*C-Gear got promotion period, once its over, you can't
    get the chance to unlock it.)
    2. Unfortunately, all possible solution been mentioned in the 10 pages of post.
    Normally, as long as you're using direct LAN cable then it should work. I can't think of any other solution.
    Maybe try using DeSmuMe v0.96 or DeSmuMe SVN 3947.

*Additional info:
    On condition that you have made sure you are using a proper internet connection (Cable LAN Broadband).

For Win 7 users try this;
    After installing the DeSmuMe, right click on the .exe and go to properties.
    Go to Security, choose EDIT Change Permission.
    Highlight USERS, then tick all the boxes below to change it to FULL CONTROL.
    Press Apply and OK, exit.

-or-
    Right click on the .exe, and go to properties.
    Go to Security, choose Advanced for Special Permission.
    Highlight USERS, then choose Change Permission.
    Highlight USERS again, and choose Edit.
    Tick all to change it to FULL CONTROL.
    Also tick the Apply these permissions to objects within this container.
    Tick also Include inheritable permissions.
    Press Apply and OK, exit.

-Then-
    Go to START, go to Control Panel.
    Go to Windows Firewall
    Add Exceptions, locate the .exe.
    Tick it, Apply/Ok. Done.
    *Do the same on your anti-virus.

Note: You might need to do the same for the winPcap.

If that does not fix it, try re-booting Windows. If that also doesn't work, try re-installing/repair. Also might want to try changing the Run in Compatible Win XP SP 2 or Win XP SP 3 mode. If that also didn't fix the issue. Throw it into the Recycle Bin and move on with your life. Cause it should have work on Win 7 and Vista without needing you to do all the above steps. I had it working without having to do all the above steps on both of my Win 7 laptops. Just make sure you're installing it in Admin Mode.

But then again, Win 7 and Vista got a preventive security countermeasure known as DEP that often become the cause of this sort of problem; Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature included in modern operating systems. It is known to be available in Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows operating systems and is intended to prevent an application or service from executing code from a non-executable memory region. This helps prevent certain exploits that store code via a buffer overflow, for example.[1] DEP runs in two modes: hardware-enforced DEP for CPUs that can mark memory pages as nonexecutable, and software-enforced DEP with a limited prevention for CPUs that do not have hardware support. Software-enforced DEP does not protect from execution of code in data pages, but instead from another type of attack (SEH overwrite).

6. Prectorian

7. Prectorian

Unplayed/Clean Save File for : YuGiOh! 5D World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus (U)
    Save File Media : R4 DS and DeSmuMe (64kb)
    Downloaded Using : DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 SVN 3947 WIFI
    Converted Using : NDS Save File Convertor v2.6
    Tested On : R4 DS Original v.1.18 via YSMENU v.6.68

In-Game Character Name : YuGiOh!
    Region : Unspecified
    Avatar Appearance : Default (Change-able)

Downloaded Contents:
    • News : Tanngrisnir of the Nordic
    • Dual Puzzle 1 to 7
    • Duel List 1 to 14
    • Forbidden Card List:
      * List - March 2011
      * World Championship Prim
      * World Championship
      * List - September 2011

DOWNLOAD LINK : CLICK HERE

NOTE:
    If you need it in other save file format, use the NDS Save File Convertor, link available in page 1. Rename the save file to match the name used on the rom, and this save file can be use on all region rom but the in-game settings will not change.

8. Heretic_101

Heretic_101 New Member

I have just attempted to do this and I seem to get the error 20104. Now I see that there is a resolution for the error by replacing firmware.dfc,but I do not have firmware.dfc originally. When I downloaded the file it did not come with firmware.dfc. When I try to just drag the downloaded file firmware.dfc, I still get the same error code. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

9. Prectorian

Installing on Win 7 is quite straight forward, no tricks or technicality to it. Doing the steps in page 1 should suffice, what you need to know are all listed in page 1. Yes there is the DEP feature in Win 7 since Vista that can be annoying because it often block off programs from working properly, especially if its a program meant for older windows version. But running the installation and running the emulator in Admin mode should solve it. If you can't get it working on the latest version, try SVN 3947 or DeSmuMe v.0.9.6.

The firmware.dfc isn't in the download package, it'll be self-created by DeSmuMe emulator after you had properly set up the emulator using the BIOS package (page 1) and the WinPcap (page 1). The replacement is provided just in case after it self create the file, there is still an error related to it. Otherwise its not necessary. Sometimes the antivirus and firewall can cause problem, just add winpcap and desmume into the exclude list. But again, running it in admin mode will automatically solve the problem.

I think I need to make this clear, both wired and wireless connection uses a LAN Cable so some of you might think that because you are using LAN Cable from your receiving antena to the wireless modem router means its what is meant....no it isn't cannot use wireless modem router, what is meant by wired connection is :
    1. high speed internet subscription --> telephone line --> modem router (no antena on the device) --> LAN Cable --> computer
    -or-
    2. high speed internet subscription --> wireless broadband antena (receive/sent from/to BTS tower) -->LAN Cable --> non-wireless modem router (no antena on the router device) ---> LAN Cable --> computer.
    So basically the router device must be connected to your computer via LAN Cable. Otherwise it will not work. Also there must not be more than 1 computer connected to the router.

UPDATE

Clean Save File for : 100 Classic Books Collection (EU) and (US) version
    Contain : All downloadable books and latest book ranking
    Save File Format : R4 DS and DeSmuMe
    Downloaded Via : DeSmuMe SVN 3947
    Tested on : R4 DS and DeSmuMe
    Save File Converted : Using NDS Save File Convertor v.2.6

Download Link : CLICK HERE

10. DnP

DnP Member

Problem, how can i get firmware.dfc to emulation setting?
    i got 20104 error.

i cant put the firmware.dfc to emulation setting?

i only see firmware.bin instead of firmware.dfc

and im using window xp.

11. ds61234

ds61234 New Member

Hi guys, I'm stuck on the 20104 error. I've tried several different versions. I have vista. I have turned off my firewall. I use a router. Any ideas?

12. DnP

DnP Member

i think wifi doesnt work because yopyop.ifrance site
    is down?
    im not sure but thats what i found on google

13. Prectorian

What is the relationship between yopyop and DeSmuMe WiFi? None, so don't get mixed up.
    And the WiFi does work, no such thing as its no longer working.

Most likely you've not configure it correctly or your internet pheriperals are not suitable to run this DeSmuMe WIFI. Because XP users will not encounter any problem setting up unless their internet is not what is required to run this program, issues in setting up mainly occur for Win 7/Vista users only. In which case, if your computer is not connected through the required type of connection, it will not work. And if you are using WIFI or 3G/4G/2G, this won't work. Do make sure also you know your computer is x32/x86 bit or x64bit. Higher bit can run the lower one but not the other way around.

As for Vista/Win 7 users, there's a feature in it(in Windows) called DEP (Data Execution Prevention) which often get in the way when wanting to install programs, and even when wanting to run programs especially if the software is marked as "compatible with Vista/7". But getting pass it is also easily done by running the program in "run as Admin" and also setting the User Properties to "Full Control". But again in the case of DeSmuMe and WinpCap, it should work even without changing the user properties as long as its been excluded in the firewall and run in admin mode. So if you can't get pass that error code, I think its either DEP in the way or you've not configure the DeSmuMe properly (remember to assign the firmware.bin, arm7 and arm9 bios) or simply because your internet is not wired LAN Broadband (ADSL/DSL LAN Cable). Sometimes, a simple re-start of your computer might fix the unthinkable, especially after you had configured everything correctly. Vista and 7 can be really annoying.

Note :

This is the end of the line for me. I've provided all that is to know setting up this DeSmuMe WIFI. All troubleshooter can be viewed among the 10 pages as well. There's practically nothing else to inform about it. The tutorial in page 1 is straight forward, if you had set up properly but still not run, then its most likely got to do with either your internet connection being incompatible to run the program or some feature inside your computer is blocking it from working (Antivirus, DEP, Firewall, Security, Infrastructure,etc.)

14. DnP

DnP Member

Finially i make this wifi working, but now i have another problem
    i can't get any exp from battle...

Edit:Nevermind Thx to Tool Fixer i was able to fix no exp gain

Thank you Prectorian

15. Prectorian

DnP,

Sorry for responding late, I was offline. Seems to me you had fixed all your issues on Win XP. Good luck and enjoy. Just a note, emulators aren't the real console, so its normal that there are limitation to its capability.

16. joelogs

joelogs Well-Known Member

i always get a 20104 error code. i've checked in nintendo and it says WFC ID is already in use..WTF

i followed exact same steps..

---i did read the previous posts.. my apologies

17. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Windows Vista and Sevens suck, If no one like this then buy a real DS and cart and do wifi the real way.

18. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Very glad to see this still going on.Prectorian, I've a suggestion for you.You may want to post all the updates for C-gear too on the main post.Your tutorial rocks, man.

19. DnP

DnP Member

hello i got this error
    when i was about to start the trade with other trainer.
    after the trainer's pokemon land on my screen..cpl sec i got this error
    (Communication error. Please turn off the power)

and about the saving problem

when i save pokemon? it load so slow
    yes the green button on the bottom low so slow
    and the green pencil goes very slow.

edit:i am lingylin from youtube

20. Prectorian

Its related to your computer hardware spec (DDR, Processor, etc.). Emulating is heavy work for standard computers.

Thanks, but I don't think it should be on the first page as the distribution date has a time limit. Some c-gear promo last only a month, so better not be on page 1.

If you had done the exact same steps in page 1, but still can't. Then its simply related to your computer. If you're installing using Win 7 or Vista, make sure you're in Admin Mode. Otherwise the DEP will kick in causing issues. Other than that, not much I can say, cause again its related to your computer and maybe also your internet, but its certainly not an emulator issue.

* Just a note:
    Starting tomorrow onward, I will not be around much. I have a real life to manage. So feel free to help each other regarding this tutorial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.