1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gezetah

Gezetah New Member

Hi, I have this error

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you know what it this ? I run the program as administrator, but the SoftAP disconnected itself.

Thanks !

2. GhostFaceLoser

GhostFaceLoser Well-Known Member

i heard everytime you turn off this emulator the wi-fi settings do not save is that true.

3. Haengers

Haengers New Member

I got a problem, i dont see my network adapters at wifi setting

i choose infrastructure but my network adapters are not listed, none of them

i just updated my winpcap and since then my list is empty, before the update there was a entry "Microsoft", thats all

i disabled all firewalls and put exception on my antivirus software, the only problem i cant connect to WFC is because of my missing network adapter

please help

4. YairGOW

YairGOW New Member

I managed to get it to work by using my iPhone as a modem.

5. vKaito

vKaito New Member

Hello i also got some issues : ( sadly, first of all some specs

pc:
    4gb ram
    AMD Phenom II X4 945
    ati hd 5770

my router is a "Speedport W722V"
    but sadly i only got

DSL Downstream: 1184 kBit/s
    DSL Upstream: 160 kBit/s
    so amybe that is the reason? (but it works fine with the ds)

i got windows 7 x86 and now here are the problems...
    with the new svn thingy versions i get the 52100 error, runned it as admin etc and turned off the firewall

with the older versions it always fails to save the firmware settings and i get such a 20104 error or something like that

any solutions?

6. YairGOW

YairGOW New Member

When you start the game and in the cmd window it says "save config - failed", just reset the emulator by pressing Ctrl+R or going to Emulation->Reset, and check it says in the cmd "save config - done". That's what's required of me to do get it to work or else I get error 20104 as well.

7. vKaito

vKaito New Member

wtf !!! it worked, and on the older emulator version it works completely now , i love you dude, srsly ^^ atleast it connects, still have to try it with a game<3<3<3 you are the best :p now i'm happy

and yes, i'm gay

8. YairGOW

YairGOW New Member

I'm glad I could help :D

9. Lisetta

Lisetta New Member

Hello, I'm new here. :3
    So, I tried to set up the Desmume to play with my friend by the interwebs ('cuz I dun have Wi-Fi here, just at my friend's place).
    I tried, and I tried. I red lot'sa of TUTORIALS (Spanish, Portuguese, English, French) and always get the same errors, but each one for each Desmume I have.

I'm using a cable connection, 15mb. My pc can handle Desmume w/o any problems, and I already change my connection to PPPoE. I run as an Admin at an Admin account, my OS is Win7 Home Pre.

Logs:
    ->DeSmuME_v.0.9.7_x64_release_wifi: THE MOST weirdo of all. I test my connection and... tadah! It says "Connection successful! Go eat some bacons!", but Nothing changes or connect, the Desmume is a liar and jsut lead me back to the Connection test Screen. When I try the Union room or other Wi-fi place, I don't have any wi-fi bar, and the WinPcap even does not try to connect (Showing at the CMD window "Wifi: SoftAp Connected!"). When I Try to connect too, it don't show any Windows talking about Nintendo connection (even the CMD window don't show anything about it), just say "Connection successful!" and the SoftAp disconnects.

->DeSmuME_v.0.9.7_release_wifi: Keep saying "firmware failure" when I start the game, but just press ctrl+r and it works fine. When I try to connect, it even show me the screen talking about Wi-fi with Nintendo, but after some secs it show to me 20104.

->EmuCR-DeSmuMe-r4091-x64(DeSmuME_VS2008_x64_release): In the middle of Testing Connection, the SoftAp dc and returns me a 52100!

->All v.0.9.6: 52001. This is all.

I Run all emulators "As Admin" in an Admin profile. I tried a lot of bios and firmwares, a lot of emulators, and the best one was "DeSmuME_v.0.9.7_x64_release_wifi". I don't know why the WinPcap keep disconnecting. I tried all tutorials, and nothing!

If someone can help, I have alls pokemons (Yes, I traded with real wi-fi connection. I'm a Pokemaniac, so...). If someone help me, I'll be glad. :3

Sorry, English isn't my main language. *bows*

Edit
    Additional info:
    I have 4 options for Bridge Network Adapter:
    -Atheros Ethernet (I use this one)
    -Microsoft
    -Microsoft
    -Hamachi

And I have a wireless adapter not listed. It says "not connected" at "network Connections" window. ^_^
    In my DHCP even shows 'NintendoDS' using the internal CPU IP 192.***.*.2, and the "Expires In" shows 'Expired".

10. Zanjia

Zanjia Member

Every time i try, the screen freezes. I am using DeSmuMe 0.9.7x86 that does not have wifi. I am trying to use now wifi, but screen freezes every time i load a save state from my old emulator. I have finished pokemon white and am trying to load these save states. Can anyone help?

11. YairGOW

YairGOW New Member

It's because of the save stats. Just use a normal save to load the game and then you could make save stats in the WiFi emulator, but you can't load stats from the normal emulator using the WiFi emulator.

12. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

*UPDATE*

Summer Deerling C-Gear Promo:

[​IMG]

Note:

Pokemon Global Link Event

[​IMG]

Promo Password : NPCHARACTER

13. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

thanks for the updates, prectorian.

14. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You're welcome. I haven't much time lately to hang around the forum.

15. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Same here.I just follow your thread and releases section xD

16. LaMBz_Maxim

LaMBz_Maxim Active Member

How to know whether I have LAN in win 7?

17. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Do you see this symbol?

18. LaMBz_Maxim

LaMBz_Maxim Active Member

I do have it in my tray?
    Doesn't that is wireless?

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the lan symbol looks like a monitor with a cable over the left side of it.

20. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I can't make a screen of that, but if it isn't WiFi it can't be anything else then LAN no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.