1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it could be a USB modem?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Hi guys, thanks for taking over. I just drop by on occassion to seek updates. Pretty much very busy with my real life routines.

Regarding the above.....On WIN 7;

1. the LAN symbol is marked in yellow box as shown in the image below:
    [​IMG]

2. the Infrastructure setting for Bridge Network Adaptor will show the ethernet option similar with the one showing on XP (In my case as shown in the image below is on an Acer Laptop; other brand will likely using other Ethernet bridge brands):
    [​IMG]

Unless you see someting like the above image and it should be in connected mode via the Network Connection then it should work. Again as long as the DEP is on Admin mode. If you see the WIFI symbol as shown by Jonez with the bars in green on your bottom right windows pane, then you're connected viw WIFI, which is a no go for the DeSmuMe. That icon should only show up on the body of the DeSmuMe, not on your window's bottom right pane.

Again thanks a lot for taking over (Jonez & Loony). I'll drop by and say hi every now and then. Bye.

Update from bulbanews.bulbagarden.net :

[​IMG]

* Event due to happen next month......I mean....next week......November. Password? ..... See above info.

[​IMG]

* Note: this below password distribution is not for NDS, but for 3DS, I just add the image merely to share the info only!

[​IMG]

3. mrducky

mrducky New Member

Has anyone been succesful in doing stuff between two Desmume emulators? Because it seems to be only desmume - real NDS interactions that work. Only exception is Dragon Quest Monster Joker.

4. dcy313

dcy313 New Member

Hey guys, i am using svn 3947 trying to turn wifi on. The problem is, when i choose to load biosnds7.nds and biosnds9.nds as my firmware, i got a white screen after loading game rom, engaging CPU usage 99%. If I choose not to load external firmware, everything goes fine. As a result, I cannot turn on wifi. Does anyone share the same problem with me and know a clue about it?
    Post Merge: [time]1319988021[/time]
    shame on me, I just got 7 and 9 reversed... Now everything works fine. Thanks to everybody anyway.

5. kotretsos

kotretsos Member

i Have error 52100 why ?
    my setting is
    [​IMG]
    and the error is..
    [​IMG]

6. sasukebang

sasukebang New Member

I get the error 52000
    Please not e that i have followed all the steps and
    use windows 7 X64(running the x64)
    used a complete wired ethernet connection
    set the bios and firmware correctly
    dont have an external router..just a modem with built in wifi
    i have disabled all other networks(like hamachi)
    i even tried turning my firewall completely off
    run dsemume in admin mode

Please help me...i dont know what to do!!

7. Prectorian

If you have done everything as instructed but still can't get it to run. Sometimes a simple shut down/restart your PC/laptop might solve the issue. But also do remember to set the security under properties (right click DeSmuMe Desktop Icon->properties->security permission) to ADMIN.

Hope that might help resolve the issue, sorry I can't always immediately respond due to being coped up with daily life activities.

Update:

First Page DeSmuMe SVN links been updated to ver.4119 by the SVN developing team.

8. dulesvaba

dulesvaba New Member

i think desmume doesnt support broadband connection that require username and password which is connected through wan miniport... Thats the reason why you get error 52000

9. Prectorian

UPDATE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note (Some C-Gear Event have ended/nearly end; see promo date in each posted links):

[​IMG]

10. Tailers

Tailers New Member

Thanks for this guide, I am connected.
    However, I used to have a saved file on my other desmume, that wasn't saved on the game but on desmume. However it has saved after the pokemon league. But when I try to open the file my desmume stops responding.

Does this mean I have to start a new game on the new desmume and do everything over again or what?
    Is there any way I can convert my old saved file? Because I was pretty far and I'd hate to have to do it all over again.

Thanks in advance

11. Prectorian

If you're looking for a save file convertor, you can try the one on page 1; or try this one : http://filetrip.net/f26025-UniqueGeeks-Offline-Save-File-Type-Converter-2-6-Alpha.html.

However backward compatibility could be an issue, just as Cahos said in your other thread in the technical section.

12. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Whoa....when did all those skins come? The last I downloaded was Munna skin.Some of the skins are now expired.I missed them, shoot!
    Thanks for the synopsis of skins' till now, prectorian.You're the Hero of Global Link of Pokemon.

13. FelesMortis

FelesMortis New Member

Ok, I have desmume and I followed all of the instructions. I downloaded all of the files, and I'm still getting 52000 and 52100 errors. I have a x64 computer and I'm running the x64 version. I used all of your files. I haven't changed anything. I've disabled every firewall I have, I've given it access to home and public networks, I've disabled my wireless adapter, I'm on infastructure mode. WHAT DID I DO WRONG!!!!! thanks.

--FelesMortis

14. Neofite1991

Neofite1991 New Member

hi

i have the error 20104 with the desmemu 0.9.7 svn 3947x64
    I have also used other emus but nothing helps
    i use all the tips/fixes for this error but nothing helps, perhaps i am to stupid for that....
    can pls someone help me?
    perhaps with explain where i find the special settings in win7?
    possibly someone helps me in teamviwer?^^

thanks for helping :)

sorry for my bad english i am from germany :D

15. aquaphx

aquaphx New Member

thank you!! it works, i just downloaded 3 weekly puzzle layton.
    i think it need to be put in the first page :D
    im using win 7 x64.

16. Prectorian

Double check, make sure you're not on a wireless modem. Sometimes a simple shutdown-restart does the trick, especially when in the PROPERTIES after right clicking the DeSmuMe icon on the start menu you had set as ADMIN Permission.

Try same method as mentioned in the above explaination. There's no special trick to set it up, its all been provided as stated in page 1 for all version of Microsoft Windows. Just make sure to set as ADMIN Permission.

UPDATE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note (Some C-Gear Event have ended/nearly end; see promo date in each posted links):

[​IMG]

This Croagunk Pokemon with Poison Jab Ability Distribution is in colaboration between Pokemon.com and IGN.com. So the password which should have been "NPCGEAR" has been altered into something else. I'll update with the password once its released by IGN.com. The collaboration is also to greet the upcoming Pokemon Dream World new area "Rugged Mountain" where you get to meet "Sableye" pokemon which is due on the 16th of November 2011. Which is also part of the reason why on the 15th November Pokemon Dream World website will be close for maintance. (IGN.com Join Promo Webpage : IGN.com News Promo Page)

UPDATE:

Here's the password to obtain Croagunk. Once you enter the code, you can take the Pokemon into your game from the Dream World by doing the usual visiting your Dream World home.

[​IMG]

A very big thank you to IGN.com.
    (Source: IGN.com News Promo Page)

17. Neofite1991

Neofite1991 New Member

hi, your tips have not helped :(

I run as admin anyway but does not help,
    restart router or computer does not help,
    another emu version does not help,
    another WinpCap version does not help,
    several times trying to connect does not help,
    everything I try does not work, error 20104...
    It is frustrating

could be due to the easybox from vodafone?
    or what could be something else?

pls help me :(

18. Prectorian

Let me guess,... since I'm not familiar with Vodafone products. But a quick glance on the net turn up as "HSDPA integrated Wireless Modem".
    If so, then that's pretty much it. You need to use a wired/LAN cable connection. Meaning a LAN modem router that must be like this;

telephone line ---> modem --> LAN Cable --> computer.

Else/otherwise, as mentioned in page 1; it won't work.

UPDATE:

Prepare to activate your WIFI through the Mystery Gift Option in your Pokemon Black and White Main Menu on December 2011. Get the upcoming Victini Movie Pokemon with Special Move Set.

[​IMG]

Below is the detail of the Victini Movie Pokemon moveset based on the Japanese's version Pokemon from serebii.net:

[​IMG]

Note (Some C-Gear/Pokemon Event have ended/nearly end; see promo date in each posted links):

Which by the way you can immediately get the same version using the Japanese wonder card from Nigoli and changing it to suit the USA or European version by following the method provided from my other topic : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Wonder Cards (JPN)

19. Prectorian

You're welcome. I just happen to still play Pokemon Dream World in my spare time whenever possible.

20. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the Croagunk and victini updates.
    I really can't wait to get my hands on the ultra-moves Vicitini.Seriously....those four are some heck of a moves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.