1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StefanK13

StefanK13 New Member

Hey there!
    First of all, thanks for posting this awesome thing .. :b
    And now the fun part, MY problems! =D

Okay.. I got a Pokémon Black file, working fine, but now I'm looking for WiFi.. It's all on japanese, but pressed the same buttons as showed in the tutorial.. I can't complete the "test connection", because about 4 seconds before it completes the softAP disconnects and I get "Error: 52100" - also, tripple checked the settings and the troubleshooting - not sure what to do, hope you can help?
    Thanks! :)

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You're welcome. If you try to re-check the WIFI download and see the icon had turned to gray, its a sure sign you have been successful in downloading the event.

The fun part is figuring out what your connection is like, and which DeSmuMe SVN you are using. I'm not psyhic so hard to comment about what's wrong. And I'm kind of confuse, are you trying to connect to WIFI on the Pokemon Black or are you doing it on Pokemon Nobunaga? Cause your explaination about 'its all on japanese' is kind of confusing. So let me just assume that you are trying on the latest SVN DeSmuMe, go for the SVN 3947 instead. And make sure to use LAN Broadband Cable, using router. If on your router there is an antena for WIFI, set a static IP for the WinPcap to run on. As far as I can say is that playing Pokemon Black (USA or EU version) doesn't contain any Japanese word, nor does the DeSmuMe itself.

Reason why it often disconnect is because of your internet connection and your computer's processor, I can't do much to help on that side. As for the issue of 'run out of energy', make sure your computer's clock and the DeSmuMe's clock is set the same. And if you edit the save file for any reason, such include editting using POKESAV/PMGE or even converting it and back. It will normally give you that message when connecting to the Dream World and you need to wait for 24 hours after that retry. And by the way, the site was just back to normal yesterday afternoon.

3. spectralsin

spectralsin New Member

Hey prectorian could you help me? Everything works as normal, however i just cant create game sync data. When i press it it just stays there with the message: "Creating data please wait a moment". Thanks in advance

EDIT: Nvm i actually got the id but i had to wait alot. However another problem surges when me and my friend (both using the svn3947) try to use the wi fi club to battle. Its just a process based on luck, sometimes we get disconnected before the battle other times we can reach the point of picking the pokemon but then it disconnects everything is random and also the dream world always says im out of energy.

4. bartlebyOG

bartlebyOG New Member

so, i got everything to work. i was able to use the dreamworld and whatnots, but when i try to go online today i doesnt work, error 20104. what could be the reason why it would work yesterday and not today (i didnt change anything)

5. Prectorian

Re-check your setup and or press CTRL-R to reset the configuration. I'm not sure which SVN you're using. Some SVN version does have issues like the one you experience. I personally stick to SVN r3947 as so far its been very reliable for WIFI connections.

6. erkinacar5

erkinacar5 Member

Hey I've been having same problem and just did as prectorian said, downloaded r3947 and also used firmware replacement 1. Now it works, thanks a lot for everything :) Though I didnt know you can only go to dream world (in pokemon white&black) only once and for 1 hour a day so I foolishly wasted it :/

7. Prectorian

You get to send a pokemon to sleep 1x a day + wake up a pokemon 1x a day for each version in 1 account, after that its 'wait for 24 hours' before your next allotment. It can be annoying, yes, but what can we do...its the PGL rule to keep children away from getting stuck playing in the dream world all day, not to mention clogging the website.

8. bartlebyOG

bartlebyOG New Member

ok it seems to work if i reset a couple of times. do you know if i can trade with someone on a ds? i couldnt trade with my friend in pokemon club, every time we connected i get error 86420. thanks alot for your help.

9. Prectorian

Among the 22 pages of this topic, there's been several reports stating it work to trade between the DeSmuMe and the DS console, just don't do it via IR. You'll have to do it via one of the booths in the pokecenter.

10. spectralsin

spectralsin New Member

Hey I'm back again. Still can´t do trades or battles through wi-fi club with my friend when we both use DesMuMe, the gts negotiations trade rendezvous search is also slow and often ends up in error, however i managed to trade just fine with a friend of mine who used a nds.

One question to you prectorian, how did you manage to use the entralink feature to the point of being able to join the other person's world?? AFAIK entralink does not use WFC and probably the only way it could work was if it was done between DesMuMe and a real NDS standing close.

Thanks in advance.

11. Prectorian

No, you can't use the entre-bridge if that is what you are asking. That and IR-Linking are not possible. You can visit a friend's Dream World by exchanging FC. As for being slow, well that's an emulator, its speed rely on your computer spec and internet subcription data package. Can't do much about that issue.

12. amazingxx

amazingxx New Member

I would like some help, with I try to connect get an error : 52001 and 52000.
    In the WIFI options I get:
    Microsoft
    TAP- Win32 Adapter V9 (Tunngle)
    Microsoft
    Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller
    Microsoft
    Microsoft

I use have tried all of them and have Infrastructure selected.
    I have a wireless internet connection but I used a LAN cable and connect the router with my computer.
    I also have all the correct things selected and picked in the emulation settings.
    I am trying to play Pokemon Black, do I need a "patched" version? I found this rom from searching google.
    Thanks and sorry if this question has been answered.

13. Prectorian

Try assigning a static IP address for the WinPcap & DeSmuMe to run on. And remember to use Infrastructure - Realtek PCI-E Family for your setting. By the way, do try SVN 3947 instead. Or try doing either of these possibilities:
    *You could try any of the below possibilities, I can't think of other possibilities to resolve your issue. If none of
    the below work then likely it might not be possible. Maybe one of it might help resolve your problem.
    1. You might want to attempt editing the DNS inside the WFC Setup config to : 4.2.2.2 4.2.2.3 4.2.2
    2. Go to Network Connection, manually changing the bridging from PPOE to PPOA (or the other way round)
    3. You might want to attempt editing the IP inside WFC Setup to : 192.168.110 or changing the last 2 digit to
    any number in the "10" multiplication; eg. 192.168.120 ,etc.
    4. Locate in your Control Panel's Firewall, for any possibilities of a setting that might block the WinPcap (eg. disable
    SPI Firewall)
    5. Make sure your LAN Connection is set as HOME Network
    6. If you get Firmware.dfc,BiosArm7.dfc, and BiosArm9.dfc, image error, go to PATH SETTING under the DeSmuMe's
    Config, and self assign the files/folders. Or alternatively, self replace the firmware.dfc with the one provided in
    page 1.

Remember that since you are running on both Wireless and Wired (cable), it could be difficult and might not work. And you don't need to use Patched Rom when playing on DeSmuMe. It run find as it is without needing any patching.

UPDATE:
    PIPLUP C-GEAR SKIN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. kill2bill

kill2bill New Member

Guys, I have set everything just like the guide says.
    That's what i get in the log:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/dsemu.png/
    also i tried closing any app that might conflict with any ports like MSN, Skype.. ETC..
    Turned off my Antivirus and Firewall...
    but still i'm getting the damn 52100 error, although i can find SoftAP server.
    I tried using another firmware.
    I'm connected to the internet through a wireless router(the router has a wireless function though I'm connected through a cable)
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks!
    Edit:
    I'm running Win7 Ulti x64
    So i tried using both x32 and x64 emulator's.. both gave same results.
    Edit2:
    I was using DeSmuMe svn 4189, and it gave me that error.
    Once i downloaded the svn 3947 and tested the connection out it was successful!

15. Prectorian

Your issue is the same as the guy above, try doing the same as suggested. Though as I had said, wireless connection alone won't work; but having both could be attempted by setting static IP instead of dynamic.

16. kill2bill

kill2bill New Member

I dont have both connections, What i do have is a VDSL router that connects to a PC and also spreads the net by WiFi.
    So my PC is connected ONLY by an Ethernet Cable.
    Also once i changed the emulator to an older version i didn't do much, Just clicked the Empty icon, then Find and then Test Connection.

17. Prectorian

That's what I meant, your router has both ethernet cable port and antena. You'll likely have to assign a static IP for the WinPCap to work through. And as I said, use the SVN 3947. Chances of success is better on the older version compared to the later ones.

18. amazingxx

amazingxx New Member

Sorry I took so long to respond, what prectorian said in post #532 worked! Thanks, I will post my settings later.

19. Hei

Hei Member

Hello!
    This is my first time posting here but meh, here's my problem
    I have followed EVERY instruction on the OP, replaced the firmware.dfc with replacement one, have winpcap installed, firewall off and even had UAC on my win7 off(or something similar to that effect) and had successfully tested the connection on wi-fi settings(with the connection successful msg and at the end of setting up).

BUT when I try to access in-game connectivity in my pokemon white, i.e. global link, I get the error 20100
    I have LAN ethernet connection with 100mbps(says on connection status on network sharing centre)

don't get me wrong, I've been reading posts but it seems that people only get error 20100 when setting up wi-fi connection which did not happen to me so I was looking for something similar to my situation but to no avail :'|

I'm suspecting internet issues bec. I'm from the Philippines but then again setting up wi-fi connection using softAP was successful so I'm not sure and hence, I humbly ask your help/opinion on this

thank you for reading :)
    P.S. I'm using 0.9.7 rev 3947 a.k.a. desmume_VS2008

20. Prectorian

Don't switch off your firewall, unless you want to get virus infestation. Just give the DeSmuMe and WinPcap 'ADMIN RIGHTS' in the properties's security option.

Yes, that 20xxxx error code has something to do with your connection. Try doing any of the troubleshooters provided in page 1. I've compiled 10 possiblities from various parts of this topic. Hopefully one of them might solve your issue, on condition you are not on wireless or on public/work network, and using a router. As long as you are able to enable the PCI-E under Infrastructure, normally it will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.