1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

See this quote written by Max in page 2 regarding the same question you're asking:
    According to Maxmahito, he had tested what you are asking and it work for him; able to trade. If I recall correctly he used 2 different pokemon rom, one running pokemon black and the other running pokemon white; but likely ran on 2 computers. This is so that the friend code that is generated be different. But I personally have not tried, so I dare not give any firm answer. You need to add the friend code of each version into each other so that the 2 detect each other.

Troubleshooting error code 52100 from Nintendo DS WebPage:
    Troubleshooting other error code (A Big Thanks to Lune of GBATemp.net)

2. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Yes, that works from 2 computers.You can do it from one computer too, with GTS.But not when both the emulators are turned on at the same time.
    LONG story:
    I turn on desmume.Call it DS 1.
    Then I turn on desmume again(so that I can trade simultaneously at the same time as asked).Call it DS 2.
    Now, you got to GTS centre first on DS 1.
    So, you'll not be able to connect to GTS again with DS 2(Since, the acces point desmume uses is SoftAp which has EXACT same coding for every emulator).
    As you say, two brothers from same access point can do.But we can't.
    Nintendo DS gives out the encoding for access point different even if they are from same point.
    Since desmume is an emulator, it has a SET value of code to allot to an access point(SoftAp) and since you're using the same access point in your system, nintendo WFC server recognises this and blocks your network from DS 2.
    Hence, "no network error" occurs when two desmume are emulated simultaneously.And Therefore, Desmume discourages and removes wifi ability from it's official release.Because if nintendo finds out desmume is behind the so called "SoftAp" access point, they'll be doomed.

SHORT Line: You can't trade with two desmume at the same time from same CPU.If you have a single CPU, deposit the pokemon in GTS from black rom and quickly(very quickly) turn on(load) the white rom and go to the GTS, search, trade and enjoy.
    WARNING: Don't blame me if you are unlucky/slow and loose your deposited pokemon in GTS(black) to another person before you can trade it with GTS(white).You have to be very fast and lucky.
    How to douse the problem in warning?
    Use desmume's SAVE STATE before depositing the pokemon.

I hope you understand.I know I didn't write it out clearly so that everyone can understand, but I've tried my best.
    Post Merge: [time]1303121658[/time]
    Works for me too.But, horribly slow.(Dunno why, though.The game's speed has beed reduced drastically during saving or connecting from the time I started using wi-fi on it.)

3. Prectorian

Max, thanks for explaining how you did that hit and run method.

Have you tried doing;
    1 computer running pokemon white, set the IP address for the SOFTAP, 10 digit more so that to avoid error code 52100 (see my post regarding solving error code 52100; above your post), while the other computer running pokemon black, in normal. By avoiding the conflict of using the same IP address, maybe you can do the trading without that 'hit and run' method you describe in the above.

E.g. In the WFC SETTING;
    Computer 1 (auto aquire IP/DSN in the WFC settings) : lets say the normal/original IP 192.168.100 and DSN 192.168.100
    Computer 2 (Self input IP/DSN in the WFC settings) : set the IP address to 192.168.110 and DSN 192.168.110

I've not tried it myself. As I have only 1 cable line for the LAN. So to run 2 computer online at the same time I have to do an AD HOC method. By connecting the LAN cable to the Win 7 computer, create an AD HOC sharing network wireless, and make my Win XP computer link to it via that AD HOC connection wireless. Which of cause I've not tested running 2 DeSmuMe at the same time. So I've not verified it myself regarding this self-trading method. But maybe that will help get the 2 computers to run on the same SOFTAP and avoid conflict.

Post Merge: [time]1303121658[/time]
    Bandon gives a good solution about that to speed up playing online while in pokemon-gl.com.
    1. Run the DeSmuMe and do the Game Sync via C-Gear's Online feature to put a pokemon to sleep
    2. At the same time sign in into your pokemon-gl.com account to register that sleeping pokemon
    3. Of cause during the above 2 steps, the process take time around 3-5 minutes or more depending
    on your computer speed
    4. Once step 3 is done. Close the DeSmuMe. This will save the RAM from hardwork allocating the
    memory for use on both DeSmuMe and the WebPage's flash game. Thus makes playing in
    the webpage more enjoyable by having the DeSmuMe turned off.
    5. Once you're done playing and want to send or wake up the pokemon or send it back with some new
    aquired items/pokemon pal. Do step 1 and 2 again.

4. maxmahito

I've tried it after reading your suggestion.But, Changing the IP adress by adding 10 and keeping the DNS and Mask/Gateway constant is leading to error 52100 again.I'm not encountering the error with Auto Obtain option, the connection is OK.But, with manual IP as suggested by you, it gives me the error code 52100.But, if one has two computers, why to go through all this trouble? The hit and run method was for a single CPU and a single file.With 2 computers, one can have two friend codes from two saves and use them to trade/battle in Wifi-Club room.
    Dream world is loading and processing fine.I can play it normally.The slownes I was telling about is for In-Game(saving, talking, battling etc.,).I'm sorry, I didn't clearly mention that in my last post.

5. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Can my friend use this to play with me if I'm using a real DS?

6. maxmahito

Yes, he can.Dunno, about entralink connection of two worlds, but trading/battling can be done.

7. Prectorian

Oh, really? You got that error when running 2 DeSmuMe on 1 computer when trying that method I suggest, right? I was suggesting about doing it on 2 computers going through 1 connection line (this suggestion is based on the fact that I don't have a router and only 1 LAN line). I'm thinking of trying it out, but remembered that I've only got 1 save file from Pokemon White which would mean the friend code would be the same. If I was to start playing Pokemon Black too or start a fresh game on Pokemon White for the sake of testing the self-trading....well....it'll take lots of time and effort to reach the entralink network area.....which I don't fancy of doing at this point, too lazy. Playing this 1 save file on pokemon white alone is getting a bit boring by the day, let alone start a fresh game on black. :p

Edit: Been spending most of my time reading e-books on the NDS handheld lately. Surely, you've noticed my other tutorial is about turning the NDS into an e-book reader. :)

8. maxmahito

Yes, i got that with 2 Desmumes on single CPU.You need 2 computers one connection? I've got two computers, two connecions.Don't know how to get the line out of one connection for two computers, sorry.

not necessarily ;)

9. Prectorian

Well you can, by creating a wireless AD HOC share connection. If lets say you have 1 win 7 computer and 1 win XP, you use the LAN cable on the Win 7 computer, create the WIFI AD HOC connection via Network Connections, switch on the XP to start detecting the AD HOC broadcast, enter a passkey, and there you go....1 LAN connection for use on 2 computers, and the best part is, you can have many computers to link up using this method, including compatible devices. But not able to connect to the NDS console, as its not compatible.

10. teheezin

teheezin Guest

my friend is using Windows 7 , how come he tried everything he could (run as admin and all) but still he get error 52100 upon connecting to wifi?

11. Prectorian

1. Make sure he's using Ethernet LAN Cable connection not other method
    2. If he had tried on the SVN 3963, try the SVN 3947 (the link is in the first post). As running on the newer SVN version is rather tricky.
    3. Troubleshooting that error code see my reply #80, its copied from Lune (he/she is the original thread creator for this topic in another site)

12. maxmahito

Really!???
    That's cool! will try right away~

13. Prectorian

Yes, really. In fact I'm running 2 computer at the moment using this method.

Download this free program for Win 7 to turn your Win 7 computer into a hotspot transmitter: Click Here

**Only for use to WIFI AD Hoc connect several computers and compatible devices by turning your Win 7 laptop into a virtual WIFI hotspot transmitter. Cannot be use for connection with NDS/NDSL console is its not compatible. Cannot be use to connect between 2 DeSmuMe via this Ad Hoc method.

14. teheezin

teheezin Guest

My friend tried SVN 3963 and also 3947 no hope D; his also using an Ethernet Lan Cable , about your #80 reply, I have no idea which one was that D; Dang it . .

15. Prectorian

Has he did all the steps as stated in the tutorial, and allow the winpcap in the firewall? And make sure he assign the 2 Arm Bios file and firmware bios in the Emulation Setting. The method is pretty straight forward. Make sure to remove the other SVN copy to avoid conflict.

PS: Reply #80 is the one marked with blue "troubleshooting" writing. Its only a few post above this.

16. h3llfir3

h3llfir3 New Member

Where would you find DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3963 x64 for windows 7??
    I see the link but it only gives me the x86 version. Im getting 52000 and I think thats the problem. I disabled everything, and everything is perfect.
    I even did it for my friend and it worked, although he had 32bit. So if anyone could give me the link to the 64-bit of DeSmuMe it would be really helpful.
    Thanks in advanced.

17. Prectorian

You can find it here: http://www.emucr.com/ for the latest SVN versions for 32bit and 64bit, the latest to date is SVN 3989, but you can find the SVN 3963 you're needing from that site also. But you'll still need to download any of the package I provided to grab the Arm 7 Bios, Arm 9 Bios, Firmware Bin, and the WinPcap files. As those 4 files are not provided in the original download.

Note: All the files and programs are not made by me. I'll update the downloads in page 1 when I find
    time to start uploading it. Really sorry cause at the moment I haven't the time as I'm really busy.

18. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Hi prectorian

You have alot of intrested hear, Weldone!

19. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

Did what you said in the quote upon few days ago before you post it.
    Don´t work.

regards Eazy

20. h3llfir3

h3llfir3 New Member

edit:
    nevermind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.