1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Sorry, no idea. Could have something to do with your emulation speed dropping due to trying to connect to yourself on 2 emulators running at the same time on a standard computer spec. Maybe.....

2. Axil

Axil New Member

I kind of doubt it, as my system doesn't seem to have much of an issue running them. (CPU utilization never goes above 60%, and i can boot up and play on 5+ instances of desume if i wanted to and still hit 100% emulation speed.

At this point i'm wondering if anyone as successfully traded between two Gen 4 games via WFC. I can do everything else.. pal park, the Global trade thing, etc. Just can't seem to trade between the two.

If anyone wouldn't mind testing it from another Gen 4 game on desmume i'd appreciate it.

both my installs have thier own MAC address and static IP port. I've tried (very briefly) turning my router's firewall off. Also I've disabled the computers AV and Firewall for these tests.

UPnP is enabled and works fine.

Anyway at this point i'm just looking for someone who has successfully done this, just so i know it's possible, or at least someone who has gen4 and is willing to try with me =)

3. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 New Member

white 2 doesn't work on my desmume wifi
    I tried doing it using the steps uve mentioned but nothing happens it just goes to the start screen whenever I press any option.
    please help
    :(

4. Prectorian

Oh...this;

You need to use patched rom since v.3947 doesn't have the ability to bypass the AP.

Alternatively download latest DeSmuMe SVN r4818 if you want to play on clean/unpatched rom:
    DeSmuME SVN r4818 x86
    DeSmuMe SVN r4818 x64

Given that I haven't download that new emulator myself, I've no idea if WIFI ability is still enabled there or not.

5. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 New Member

Still the same thing happening :(

6. Prectorian

Have you pressed the correct buttons? Better you set the control configs first from the emulator setting/option. And do delete the old save file, it's probably faulty. Some how I think the issue is trivial. However if still not working for you, which it should have, but I don't understand why for you it isn't. Then maybe DeSmuMe isn't for you, so try using this instead (follow instructions from there) : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=60304.0

7. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 New Member

hey bro thanks a lot :D
    controls were wrong :pPPP

8. Prectorian

No problem. :)

9. Arcental

Arcental New Member

I have been getting error 5000 for awhile. I'm sure I have followed all of the steps correctly.

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

First you don't succeed try try again :p

11. megasiberx

megasiberx New Member

Hi, I'm having some issue with configuring the WI-FI on the Desmume. here's a picture of what's wrong:

[​IMG]

The comboBox that suppose to contain the network name or something is just EMPTY / blank.

I've done everything like you wrote, and installed the WinPcap_4_1_2 , I'm running win7_64,
    How can I fix this?
    Thank you.

12. Prectorian

Don't know if you noticed while following the instruction on page 1. The tutorial is meant for those using BROADBAND LAN CABLE not wireless nor for those using a certain high speed connection that doesn't use bridge network adapter!!!
    Of cause you won't see anything in the drop box, if yours doesn't comply to the requirement stated on page 1.
    I made a reference note for those using wireless, check John3 / nmp0401's posts as stated in page 1.

13. CsoiretgeFsM

CsoiretgeFsM New Member

No, YOU don't get it.

Anyone looking for help on getting wifi on desmume appreciates this tutorial, again, thank you very much, BUT SOME OF US who ARE NOT USING ACTUAL WIFI ROUTERS are getting this problem. WE ARE USING A NORMAL BROADBAND LAN CABLE. Yet we still get that blank infrastructure option "megasiberx" is getting.

I for one have tried everything as well. Even as far as installing older versions of WINPCAP.

Here's a list of things "I" tried that did no good:
    - Using the 2 replacement firmware.dfc options in the links in the tutorial
    - Uninstalling/Reinstalling winpcap latest version
    - Installing older versions of winpcap when the latest did not work
    - Uninstalling/Reinstalling my Broadband adapter/Lan Cable
    - NOT USING A ROUTER
    - Marking Desmume wifi & winpcap as exceptions in Firewall
    - Disabling Firewall entirely
    - Upgrading from Desmume 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 to 0.9.9 r4334

My broadband adapter built into the computer is a "Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller".

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that isn't a broadband adapter, its a network card. What's at the other end of the wire?

15. Prectorian

Are you megasiberx? If not, please don't speak on his behalf. You don't know if his connection is same as you or not, because he could be on wireless and that doesn't use the INFRASTRUCTURE bridge option. Yours is something else altogether.

Like I said in the above post I made directed to him, that I am aware of certain high speed broadband connection that goes via LAN Cable that doesn't use the 'bridge adapter'. I've been confronted by at least 4 or more members with the problem where the option under infrastructure doesn't shows up because of using that particular connection type.

People whose computer doesn't make use of the bridge adapter under INFRASTRUCTURE could try the wireless method, using program such as HAMACHI or similar program to trick the emulator to think the network is using modem-router. But I don't know if it will work for you or not, since the others who had the same kind of connection like you had failed. Those on wireless (possibly megasiberx) should try the wireless method.

16. CsoiretgeFsM

CsoiretgeFsM New Member

Fair enough.

Update though, I was able to make the desmume wifi work on an identical laptop (same broadband adapter, same OS, same specs/computer model and make), and now I can connect to Nintendo wifi . But unusually enough it won't work on the other laptop and they're practically twins...

I'm guessing either there's a problem with the winpcap registry entries when installing or some drivers relating to the broadband adapter not being recognized by winpcap/desmume.

The only solution I can think of is a complete reformat of whatever computer has the "empty infrastructure options" problem, then a full and clean install of OS and all the computer's parts' drivers.

I haven't done that yet since I have stuff in the computer with the problem so I can't reformat yet. If anybody hasn't tried yet and is willing to, I hope they update here.

17. Loonylion

try uninstalling winpcap and reinstalling it.

18. CsoiretgeFsM

CsoiretgeFsM New Member

Yeah...

I don't wanna sound offensive, but I listed all the things I already tried. That was on the list...

You obviously didn't read my post... did you even read the post at all? I mean really.

19. Loonylion

and you're just making assumptions. Yes I did read the post. Somehow I missed that bit, but I did read the post.

20. DarkArchRaven

DarkArchRaven New Member

Hi guys!
    Do you think I can get this to work over a Broadband PPPOE connection?
    Heres a pic of my... network thing: [​IMG]

Thank you for your time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.