1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Yo, prectorian~~
    What's with the save file distribution in the post above?
    Also, GREAT work in revamping the first post with mario icons and firmware setup pics.The tutorial looks lively now ;)
    Keep up the good work!
    P.S: How are you? ;P

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Hi,

I'm fine, was about to sign out when I saw your post. You seems to be away for sometimes. Been busy I persume?

The save file is just for fun since there hasn't been much post in Romu with the recent 3DS hype. Have nothing new to add to the first post except updating the SVN releases. So I decide to post the wifi downloads into a save file. Its clean by the way, un-played.

3. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Yeah, terribly busy now a days.Though I get some time here and there to visit Romu and I do it.
    Good to know you're fine and it seems latest releases are unstable, one crashed three times and I switched it to my old SVN.However, it might be just for me.Lt's hope we get a good pokemon game and an emulator for 3DS xD

4. Prectorian

Well, the newer SVN releases after r4030 are rather buggy as mentioned by Nichole in his changelogs. Its because now he has a friend who help make updates alongside him. But I'm still using the SVN 3947 which should be noticable from the images I posted, as its been very stable on my compu.

As for 3DS games emulator for PC. It should come around. *God knows when though* :p
    Even if it does, we won't be able to enjoy the 3D functions unless we buy a 3D glasses or a 3D monitor. But getting to play the game on a PC with normal viewing (without 3D) is just as good. I'm not planning to buy that console in the near future, its just not worth to buy a console at such early release. Not to mention the only game for 3DS that catch my attention so far has only been Metal Gear Snake Eater 3DS and Tales of the Abyss (both remake of the PS2 version with some extra features); which I had played. I bought my NDSL a year after its initial launch on purpose, to make sure its really worth the purchase. I'm still weighing the 2 new handhelds at the moment. :)

5. ninjasuite

ninjasuite New Member

You do a great job man, still I cannot connect to WFC. I followed your tutor step by step and download latest releases + winpcap yet it gives me error code 50000, then I try to use the older vers-on but no luck this time it gives me error code 20104. Any help are appreciated. Thx

6. stive08

stive08 New Member

I have a question... how do i get that pokemon white save file to work for my DeSmuME in us version rom.

thanks.. :)

7. Prectorian

Just use the save file convertor that I provided on page 1. Choose source as "R4" and target/output as "DeSmuMe". Remember that if you need to adjust the Liberty Distribution date (research date through a search engine), edit the distribution date using POKESAV through the Wonder Card option to match the rom version you're using. Do so before converting. Cause Pokesav cannot read DeSmuMe save file, has to be in R4 save file format each time you want to edit.

I'll asume you're using DSL/ADSL Ethernet broadband cable connection. Make sure you know which bit your window is 32x or 64x. Then also if you're using Vista/7, make sure to run as admin or at least approve "allow" when a dialog box prompt for permission. Error code 50000 means your connection setup might need some tweeking, try re-check if you had allow WinPcap on your firewall exception list. You can find the exception list inside the Firewall program in Control Panel. You might need to remove and then reinstall WinPcap again. As for error 20104 means your connection is unstable, try re-doing the test connection until you get "test connection sucessful". If your Window is 32x bit, best is to use DeSmuMe SVN r3947, simply remove/delete the exsisting one and reinstall.

The method is pretty straight forward, just make sure to give permission for both the DeSmuMe and WinPcap in the firewall exception option. And do make sure to follow the steps in page 1. If the above method still don't work, try disabling the firmware.bin from WIFI CONNECTION option by unticking it.

8. Tabur

Tabur New Member

Hello!

Please help me! I did everything as you said in the tutorial but I don't get any options under "infrastructure". I can click the infrastructure option (instead of adhoc) but under Infrastructure menu I get 2 totally blank options.

I DO have wired internet (PC -> wire -> router -> ISP)

Please help me?

9. Prectorian

Are you sure you're running via Ethernet connection ? Cause its kind of weird if it does not show up. That could mean that it is disabled or not available.

Try doing this for Win XP:
    1. Go to "Control Panel" and choose "Network Connections"
    2. Right Click on "Local Area Connection" and choose "Properties"
    3. In the "Local Area Connection Properties" under "General" look at "Connect Using:"
    4. Next to "Connect Using:" , choose "Configure" and under "Device Usage:" open the scroll down
    5. Choose "Use this device (enable)". Press Ok and Apply
    6. Also under the "Local Area Connection Properties" in the box shown under "This connection uses"
    you should see the "Client" "File" "QoS" and "Internet Protocol" are ticked.
    7. Make sure you're connected to the internet via the Local Area Connection under "LAN or High
    Speed Connection" ; if that is not the connection then you can't use this emulator
    7. Now go back to DeSmuMe, go to Config, go to Wifi Connection, choose Infrastructure, and choose
    the device name containing the word "Ethernet". Follow the steps from there onward ; however if
    you know its there but still does not show up, you might need to consult someone who knows
    about computer cause each computer uses different network adaptor. I'm not familiar with the
    various adaptor in the market, cause I'm not a tech wiz.

*If it turn out that no network adaptor exist under network connection, that could mean that you
    don't have an ethernet network adaptor in your system thus this emulator is not meant to be.

10. Tabur

Tabur New Member

Thanks for the fast reply!

Although, bad news, I have Windows 7 (64 bits) so I can't do any of those things you said. The closest I can get is to see "Local Area Network 2"'s properties in the Network and Sharing center, but there is no "General" or "Connect Using" sections :(

Do you know the steps for windows 7 ?

THanks!
    Post Merge: [time]1308026862[/time]
    By the way (additional info):

1.- I have 2 network adapter cards (Marvel Yukon 1 and 2). I use only 1 (#2).
    2.- Under Local Area Network 2's properties, there are 7 Items, all checked (Client for windows networks, QoS Packet Scheduler, File and printer sharing, IP6, IP4, link layer mapper I/O and Link layer responder)
    3.- My problem is that where I should choose a Device with "ethernet" on it's name, nothing appears. Just white space that turns blue when I hover my mouse over it (seems there are 2 of those spaces though)
    4.- I do have the default connection ready (softapp or something?) but when I try to test the connection, error 52000 happens, although I'm quite sure it has something to do with the fact that I can't choose any ethernet adapter under infrastructure.

Thanks!

11. Prectorian

For Win 7/Vista its the same as Win XP only different layout;

In the network and sharing centre, there an option on the left "Change adaptor settings".
    Choose it and you should see the various connection options icon. You should see a "Local Area Connection". Right click it and go to Properties, under "networking" you should see "connect using".
    If you don't see any network adaptor with the name "ethernet". Try clicking on configure and see the
    driver. If its not available, then you're likely using a different type of network adaptor. In which case, I really
    have no idea. You might need to consult someone near you who can take a look into your system. You will need someone to see in your system to find out if you have a PCI-E driver installed.

Edit:
    That error you see in when doing the test connection for DeSmuMe is because the Infrastructure is not yet set up properly. Until you fix the 'Ethernet' issue, you can't get a successful testing.

12. Tabur

Tabur New Member

well, as I said I have 2 network adaptors (marvel yukon 1 and 2). Only the second is connected to the internet. When I go to Local Area Network 2's properties I don't see any "Connect using:" menu or button :S I only see the following:

[​IMG]

Post Merge: [time]1308032110[/time]
    Oh, I feel quite stupid hahahahaha
    Now I see what you meant by "Connect using" lol

Ok, although I (finally) found the connect using section and the configure button, There's no "Device Usage" Tab, button or scroll down inside the Configure menu. I'm quite sure I'm already using that Ethernet controller as the network adapter to get Internet (its enabled). But still no results in Desmume :(
    Post Merge: [time]1308032785[/time]
    This is what I get in desmume's menu:

[​IMG]

and this is what happens when I try to test the connection on pokemon black anyways:

[​IMG]

13. Prectorian

From your images, your setup is already correct. However I don't understand why that "Marvel PCI-E Ethernet" network adaptor not showing up on the WIFI Configuration. Cause on my other computer (Win 7 x64) the PCI-E network adaptor show up immediately when I open the DeSmuMe's WIFI Configuration.

Maybe someone with better computer know how can assist you, or you can try using the DeSmuMe x32bit.

14. Tabur

Tabur New Member

Same with x32... Thanks for trying though

15. Corlath

Corlath New Member

error 20105 :(

16. SiLVerChO

SiLVerChO New Member

Guys i need help :-\
    Everytime i try to trade or battle with friends in the wifi club i got disconnected . Even when i try to play games in wifi plaza i drop out from the game when it loads ... Is there any solution to this problem

17. Prectorian

None, as it really depend on how stable your internet connection. Internet connection goes up and down, like a graphic. Even though its connected, how much kb/mb it send/receive varies. Most average computer don't have a program to monitor the stability as a graph. But you can see it as numbers through your Network Connection under Status by looking at the Packet sent/receive. If you notice a delay when uploading or downloading, that is a sign of this variable. After all PC emulators aren't as perfect as the actual console.

Try doing the test connection again until you get "test connection successful". Maybe your connection is not stable at that moment or you got conflicting IP DSN address. Refresh the internet connection by going to Network Connection, and choose Repair, it normally solve the issue. But if not, then maybe there's incompatibility issue. If incompatibility is the issue, no one can help because it has to do with the system hardware/driver, etc.

18. manuelbvb

manuelbvb Member

ok i`ve read all your problems. And i have the problems too ^^.
    I have always the 52000, 52001, 53000, 50000, 51000 usw.
    Can you help me?
    and another important question. If you go online with the emulator nintendo can see it. And of course its illegal, so my questino:
    Can nintendo see, that it isn´t n nintendo ds and that you are online with your pc? because when they find you you have a big problem.......

19. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

LOl at the first line

20. manuelbvb

manuelbvb Member

can you please answer my question? because i want to be on the save side ;)
    If you go online with the emulator nintendo can see it. And of course its illegal, so my questino:
    Can nintendo see, that it isn´t n nintendo ds and that you are online with your pc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.