1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Emulation is not illegal. Downloading roms is.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Regarding your error issues;
    1. Make sure your firewall allow the WinPcap in the exception list
    2. Make sure to use DSL/ADSL LAN Broadband Cable (other connection method won't work)
    3. Make sure the IP is not use by more than 1 computer at the same time
    4. Make sure the antivirus/internet security allow WinPcap and DeSmuMe

Regarding your other question;
    No comment about whether "N" detect the emulator when it goes online or not. I can't proof they can detect or not, so I don't wish to start debating about it. But put it this way, I can play pokemon rom using an emulator and go online to play in the Pokemon Dream World Official Site everyday. I can transfer any pokemon and items I want from and to the Dream World account. So conclude that yourself for an answer. ;)

Might I add that downloading, uploading, distributing, using/viewing of any copyrighted materials (movie, music, games, scanned books/magazine/comic/manga, ebooks, etc.) are illegal by International Copyrights Law. BUT.... it all goes back to which country you're living in and what the local law and regulation states about such actions, including how strict they implement the rules. In my country we got strict law regarding these but piracy is an open business in my country and generate big income for everyone involved in it (duplicators/replicators, distributors, sub-distributors, law enforcers, etc.). It all goes back to how people perceive piracy and how they decide to go about it.

3. manuelbvb

manuelbvb Member

ok thank you, i made all these points except the 3.
    but how can i make it sure? because we need the internet for many pc (about 3 pc) and i dont know if they have the same ip adress.
    can you help me?

4. Loonylion

It is not permitted for more than one computer to have a specific IP address at any one time. they must be unique and if two computers have the same IP through a misconfiguration then both will complain and there will be problems using the network. Your computers will be allocated unique addresses by your router.

As far as the internet is concerned, all three have the same IP address, that is because the IP address belongs to your router and it performs a function called Network Address Translation.

5. manuelbvb

manuelbvb Member

and what can i do now to run desmume wifi with pokemon?

6. medo36

medo36 New Member

Hi all,is there a way to transfer save file from one version of desmume to other,i got Wifi to work but I already have pokemon save on other desmume version and I want to load it in new desmume so I can trade,plz help

I tried copying save states but it just freezes desmume when I try to load them

it's a version w/o wifi so theres no way I can get it to work there lol

plz help :)

7. manuelbvb

manuelbvb Member

mit export and then import backup

8. John3

John3 Member

Hey!! I am having some problems and I am really confused. This used to work for me with desmume 9.6. I even have a tutorial about it on youtube. Recently though lots of people (including me) started getting error code 20104. So I decided to download a newer version of desmume (9.7) to see if it works. So i came here and I downloaded desmume 9.7 I did all settings corectly but I get error code 52100 and sometimes 50000. So if you can help me solve my problem either on 9.6 or 9.7 I would really apriciate it. :)

9. Prectorian

Try to remove/delete the WinPcap and reinstall it again. And do make sure to have the DeSmuMe and WinPcap in the exception list of your firewall and antvirus. PS: If the newer SVN version don't work, try using the SVN r3947 (its available on page 1).

Actually its not necessary to upgrade to the 0.9.7 if your 0.9.6 is working for you. And if it normally work, then suddenly you see an error code, its most likely temporary issue. Try to do another test connection from the Nintendo Wifi Connection and also try pressing "repair" from your Network Connection. Usually its just your IP or connection acting up due to connection speed, etc.

10. John3

John3 Member

I downloaded the svn r3947 and it worked the first time but then when I closed it and reopened it it gave me 20104. :( Just like 9.6. After I started geting error code 20104 it still worked sometimes. :( And what do u mean by ''try pressing repair from your network connection''? How do I do that? Thnx in advance.

11. Loonylion

connection speed and IP are completely unrelated.

12. Prectorian

That means your connection is somehow unstable to handle the Wifi emulating via WinPcap. Just keep doing the test connection via Nintendo Wifi Connection each time that happen. To do the "repair", just go to Control Panel, open Network Connection, then right click your mouse and choose "repair" on the Local Area Network icon. Hopefully it'll fix the issue. Or try doing 'disconnect-connect' the Local Area Connection. The error 2XXXXX is just related to unstable/inconsistent send/receive Activity Packet (viewable in the 'Status' by right clicking the Local Area Network icon).
    Post Merge: [time]1308741872[/time]
    Thanks for the correction.

13. John3

John3 Member

For some reason it started working like a charm and it connects faster than before without doing the repair thing. I will also update my video on youtube giving the 9.7 links. Thank you so much!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

14. Prectorian

Great. Can you please provide a link to your youtube file when you have made the video update ? So that members needing assistance can learn how to properly set it up using your video. Thanks in advance. :D

15. manuelbvb

manuelbvb Member

yes i want to see the youtube video so i can get the wifi too :D

16. John3

John3 Member

Yes I will
    Post Merge: [time]1308775514[/time]
    Here's my video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avdI6zINL7M

17. Prectorian

Thanks, I've added your link to the page 1.

18. NeverExpo

NeverExpo New Member

Hey guys,

I'll try to be as descriptive as possible. I recently downloaded all the necessary items to play with DesMumE online (Wi-fi). Seems like everything was going fine, I am able to detect SoftAP and it indicates it will save my settings and proceed with the connection test. Upon testing my connection, the "signal bars" (for lack of a better term) start out red in the top right corner, meaning my connection is offline. Soon after this (2-3 seconds) the signal bars turn green, indicating SoftAP is connected, as the OUTPUT indicates:

WIFI: SoftAP connected!

The Signal stays green for about 10~ seconds, and things seem to be connecting fine, but then it goes back to red, the signal bars disappear, and the OUTPUT now reads as follows:

WIFI: SoftAP disconnected

I have tried numerous solutions to this, as I am getting Error code 20104. The Exact message is this: Unable to Connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Please visit [Site].
    All my settings seem to be fine with Desmume. I open as admin, I set the necessary bios/firmware. I selected infrastructure and located my network adapter. If anyone has ANY idea at all how to fix this I would be amazingly greatful. Ill be checking back frequently, thanks in advance for the support~

Using Desmume 9.7 svn3947 x64. I have also tried to connect around 50~ times and i always get 20104...I'm really desperate! haha

19. Prectorian

Do make sure you know Windows is running on x32bit or x64bit? If I'm not mistaken, you can run x32bit programs on x64bit but not the other way round. Check it in your System Detail through Control Panel.

Anyway if you want to use DeSmuMe SVN r3947 exluding WinPcap which you can get on page 1
    (the latest DeSmuMe version are on page 1):
    The x32 version : DeSmuMe SVN r3947 x32 from Emucr.com
    The x64 version : DeSmuMe SVN r3947 x64 from Emucr.com

Win7 and Win Vista are rather fuzzy to begin with. Just press "Allow" each time you launch DeSmuMe, when prompted by the system.

Anyway, try deleting/removing the WinPcap. Then you re-install it. Also check in your firewall, make sure the WinPcap program is in the exception list. Sometimes its not there. To make sure just choose ADD Exception, locate WinPcap. Done.

Another method is to disconnect and reconnect your Local Area Network. Also do take some time to check out John3's video (its 2 posts above your post). The method to install DeSmuMe v.0.9.6 and v.0.9.7 are the same.

20. kevin8654

kevin8654 New Member

Im getting the error 20104 to.
    Everything was going fine until it wanted to test the connection.It goes back to red and the 20104 error comes up.
    I've got windows xp with verizon fios plugged right up to my desktop.
    If anyone knows a solution to this I'd be very grateful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.