1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whats a good MMORPG??

Discussion in 'PC' started by Renji217, Jun 4, 2010.

1. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

WoW best game ever better than any other mmorpg

2. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

The inferior WoW clone.

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

The FREE inferior WoW clone.

4. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Does KOL count as one?

5. allkratos

Yes, it's free now because it can't provide the quality of WoW.

6. msg2009

its maybe not as good but who cares if its free?
    you can come and go as you please, no thinking you have to play because you have paid a subscription, just play as and when you feel like it.
    if all mmorpg's were free to play they would sell millions more games(FFXI). I would never pay full price for a game then have to pay monthly too

7. allkratos

Of course, we can come and go. About the sale thing, look at Guild Wars. Free but millions sold.

8. msg2009

i meant you FEEL you have to play because you paid, or its just wasting money.

9. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

this thread deserves a mention of Everquest. though its old and out of style now, it was dope back in the day, and still imo a damn awesome game. (EQ1 that is).

EQ makes WoW look like pussy shit.

edit: gonna try this-

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/intro_starting.htm

10. allkratos

Sorry dude but actually it was WoW that surpassed Everquest in awards, review scores and popularity. Everquest surpassed Ultima Online first. That said,WoW is bound to be surpassed someday.

11. manaseater

What i meant was that EQ had a sense of difficulty that WoW does not possess. Like i said EQ is long gone, and WoW is in- but there's nothing hardcore about WoW-

In EQ you actually had to learn your character, what you can and cant do, and teamwork is key even when you are just party playing and not raiding- If i used someone elses level 60 (back in the day, now prolly 80) character its just not the same, and proficiency is unthinkable- In WoW i was kiting monsters that were level 25ish at level 6- and im not exagerating,- it got boring fast- no challenge.

EDIT - Forgot to mention corpse running and loss of experience, and HELL LEVELS. In EQ you paid for mistakes, sometimes very hard.

12. dt123

dt123 Well-Known Member

i still play runescape, i did stop but then i found a bot to do all the boring stuff for me,i find it much better now that i dont have to do all the boring stuff.

13. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

It already has. I, and other posters here, have played many a game better than WoW. I played the free 10-day demo, and imo, it's shit.

14. arceus12345

arceus12345 Well-Known Member

Thats a good question to ask. There are many MMORPG's in this world of what we call earth. They have taken over single player games and have dominated the video game market with popular titles like WoW and Guild Wars. This has been a very common question: what is a good mmorpg? among many people. It has started a huge debate among the mmorpg market and everyone is arguing about what mmorpg is the best! There are many generic mmorpg's that defeat the purpose of fun. Generic mmorpg's are like those normal mmorpg's with quests and repetitive gameplay. I would recommend you try maplestory if you are into social gaming and pure fun. If you are into immersible fantasy games that have a deep lore (storyline/history) i would recommend guild wars or world of warcraft. Those are the only non generic worthy games i have ever played. Yes i know you have to pay for them but its worth it all at the end.

15. someirishkid

At least for Guild Wars you only ever make one payment for the CD, but no monthly fees.

16. manaseater

Guild wars is a great game, but technically you only zone into areas with a handfull of people, so its not a true MMO.

17. allkratos

You've only played the 10 day trail. It shows only a bit of what you can in that game. WoW is incredibly huge in term of contents. I've played so many MMO including the free ones, free MMO can't match the quality of paid ones.

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

But you pay for any newer content after purchasing the CD.

19. allkratos

Guild Wars and most MMOs rely on "instancing", a system used to divide players in different versions of the same zone.
    A few MMO, once again WoW for example only use it when you enter a dungeon or anything not directly connected to the overworld.

20. someirishkid

Loads of players in the same game world = LOADS OF LAG!

i wonder how much money you've poured into Blizzard's pockets so far...lol
    -FACEPALM-