1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whats a good MMORPG??

Discussion in 'PC' started by Renji217, Jun 4, 2010.

1. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

That is why Blizzard didn't make WoW with uber graphics.

2. seriaku

seriaku Well-Known Member

This thread is asking for a good mmo not how to be a fanboy.

3. allkratos

How is that a fanboy? I was stating why a company decided to make an MMO without a Crysis level graphics. How many people will play WoW if it has cutting edge visual?
    Give me the reason why the best looking MMOs are still behind other genres in graphics?
    1) Is it because they can't? Because they do not have the talent? Or is it because they do not have the money to do it?
    2) Is it because less people will play it?

Answer: MMO requires shit tons of money to make, if they make an MMO where almost nobody can run it smoothly, how would they cover the budget? Ask Bioware why follow WoW when it comes to SW:TOR graphics style?

It is you that is fanboy. If i recommend FF XI to everyone, you wouldn't say anything right? FF XIV is looking to be inferior to SW:TOR, face it boy. Squaresoft> Bioware> Square Enix . (FF XIV won't even have jump ability)

4. seriaku

Im not a fanboy.
    1) Of course they have the money, blizzard never go for a realistic super graphic style since diablo 2, and that was made with a different team(which is now gone from them)
    2) They would, people are graphic-blind these days.

5. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

BETHESDA> Sqauresoft> Bioware> Square Enix> BLIZZARD

6. allkratos

Wrong. Bethesda produced very unpolished games.
    Square Enix produced mostly average games
    Bioware produced some great games and in my opinion, almost on par with Blizzard or Valve.
    Squaresoft is GOD back then.

7. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Unpolished games? examples please
    and for the record, EVERY GAME COMPANY > blizzard

8. allkratos

NOPE, Blizzard games were classics and can almost match those of Squaresoft. Bethesda produced buggy games and using the same concept sin Elder Scroll: Arena.
    Anyway, this is about MMO. Back to topic guys.

9. seriaku

Again we are trying to compare different genres to each other(not blaming your directly)
    But you cant compare a bethesda game to a blizzard game since they are mostly different genres.
    It doesnt matter of bethesda created a buggy games, bugs are fun.
    Still waiting to see how im a fanboy, ive asked you how im a fanboy 5 times.
    No answer.

10. allkratos

Can't compare, yes. But comparing polish and stability is not comparing genres.
    About that fanboy thing,it is just my observation at your avatar.

11. seriaku

Wat.
    It has nothing to do with squeenix or any game for a matter of fact(unless you count the crappy ps2/ds game made after it)

12. allkratos

I mean you avatar is anime-ish, so i draw a conclusion that you might be SE fanboy. If you aren't really. Tell me why.

13. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

God you're stupid.

14. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

As much as I agree with you for the most part, that sentence was just crawling with bad. Sorry.
    Anime-ish doesn't mean fanboy, you know? Unless you mean something else.
    And I got a 14 day free trial for WoW from buying the Battleset for Diablo II. I'm gonna go try it out.

16. allkratos

You might be disappointed by it.

17. Stanley Richards

Why do you say so?

18. allkratos

14 days is not enough to try every single class and max every single one until level 20. (yes trail is limited to level 20)
    If anything, the trial barely scratch the surface of what WoW really is. You can try it if you want, but don't say it sucks if it does not meet you expectation. Well, it's a trial version.
    A lot of people here just try it and say it sucks. It is unfortunate that a high quality MMO like WoW getting trashed by the people who demand everything for free.

19. Stanley Richards

Mad people, they are.

Trial's are obviously supposed to lack in content, to tease you and encourage you to buy the full version. Who knows... After this trial, I might try it. Patching takes forever.

20. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

Allow me to break this WoW tension with another mention of Vindictus. Make sure to apply for the closed beta before July 19th.