1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3ds firmware updated, 9.9.0-26 is coming!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by messywhite, Jul 14, 2015.

1. messywhite

messywhite Active Member

Nintendo released 3ds 9.9.0-26 on July 13th, 2015. The official sites write as below.
    Main changes for version 9.9.0-26U
    Update released: July 13th, 2015
    Further improvements to overall system stability, system security, and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Though it says system security added, we still can use the flashcard on 9.9 firmware, r4i sdhc 3ds, r4i gold 3ds, supercard dstwo and sky3ds all tested work directly on it. The blog share the news and video.

2. Melenas_Burnett

Melenas_Burnett New Member

Hi everybody; I bought my dstwo and 3ds xl about one year ago. Nowadays my firmware version is 8.0.0-18E. Can I update it having no risk of getting my dstwo unservible? Do I have to download anything for my dstwo in order to update it, or its firmware can run the latest version?
    Thank you very much.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If your DSTWO has an update from its official website (unless the site clearly state it doesn't need to be upgraded to support the latest 3DS firmware), make sure you update it first, before you even consider upgrading your 3DS. Doing the other way around could potentially render the flash cart non-operational on that 3DS. You won't want to make such mistake.