1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS FlashCart Question (10.6.0-31U/E)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Rat.2, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

I have an old 3DS running 9.6.0-24E
    I have read around and realize my 3DS is too updated to support most flashcarts
    These links should be stickied for people to see the latest software version available
    http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/p/430/a_id/231
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/N.../Latest-system-update-information-241709.html

My question is, Should I update to the latest version? 10.6.0-31E
    Sky3Ds says they support up to 10.5.0-30 but they also say "Support any 3DS system version"
    So their card should work on my 3DS if I update it
    I would also like to know what are the disadvantages of this card?

it says it has "Multi-rom support" but do I have to press a button on the card to switch one game at a time?
    Or do I have the ability to scroll through a list of games?

Sorry I have to be asking these questions here, this site is not like how I remember it was
    I don't really mind the UI change, I am really glad this forum & site are still going

Thank you Mods, Admins & everyone keeping this site alive

2. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

Also does anyone have information on how the card works ? (How it manages to work on newer 3DS firmwares ?)
    -edit-
    You should NOT Update your 3DS Software if it is possible for you to Downgrade
    And you would like to install CFW & Homebrew
    You could also then use cards like the SCDS2+

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. KatieDavis

KatieDavis Member

SKY3DS is the flashcart with a blue button. Firstly, you need to use the official DiskWriter software and template file to transfer the 3ds roms into the microsd card. Then, you could insert the sky3ds into your 3ds and switch between games by pressing the blue button.
    Nowadays, the new SKY3DS+ has come out. It's the new version with two orange buttons, making it much more convenient in switching between games back and forth. Also, it's much easier to operate as you only need to throw the 3ds roms directly into the microsd card, no need any transferring.
    Downgrading the 3ds for playing with gateway 3ds or dstwo plus flashcart is also an alternative. But I haven't tried it yet. So not sure about if it's safe or not.