1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Activating a PSP?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Inunah, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

How do I activate my PSP for games? It keeps giving me error 80109D80, which I can't find in any search on the playstation website. Using the PC-PSP media thingy it gives me similar error codes that can't be found.

If I can't fix that, then how can I download games to my PSP? It gives me error 80109D80 when I try to download anything at all. (I'd like to stay with ofw and NOT pirate for the PSP, so....)

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

try this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100831141256AAlygnL

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Nope, still nothing. Then I accidentally mashed x a bit too much and deactivated the games.

Fucking hope I didn't accidentally make my PSP unable to play my games. D:

4. iluvfupaburgers

i you by any chance using cfw?

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of, since I just updated to the latest ofw the other day, and when I got the PSP it was running ofw that was only old by 3 versions, at least.

6. iluvfupaburgers

so you are using fw 6.35? which i believe is the latest

7. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the one.

Are any UMD games hit with an error if you don't have your system activated for the games? Or is that just for downloading from the PSN? Because I accidentally deactivated it from whoever had the PSP last, but I don't think it'd have even worked with my account logged in but another account with the system activated to it.

8. iluvfupaburgers

i believe it is just to enter the psn store there shouldnt be any problems with gameplay, unless its online

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I can enter the PSN store and go online, so I don't know what the problem is with downloading.

10. iluvfupaburgers

it must be some bug? not so sure. you can try reformatting the psp with the ofw

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I think 6.37 is the latest actually. - http://pspslimhacks.com/psp-firmware-6-37-released-patches-know-exploits/

12. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

*Checks* Oh. I have 6.37. o_O

13. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the latest official firmware.

Not sure what's exactly the problem, but its likely some-kind-of-bug with the latest OFW.

14. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

FYI, OFW 6.39 has been spotted as an update in a Japanese game. The update is bound to make itself known elsewhere soon enough.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...the psp is second hand is it not?

My guess it may have been hacked once before...

I'd advise this, use the "deactivate" option on the psn network options, then format the psp, next use the psp, link your psn account to the psp and see how you go...if it doesnt link, it had once been hacked.

Also I gave a quick google, and omg, I found a thread about it on the sony website XD

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/PSP-Playstation-Network-activation-impossible/m-p/9097560

I just googled the bare code (80109D80) and it found it, read that thread or take my advice, ethier way I hope you find your solutions...

16. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know how to format a PSP, so I'm not going to try and end up bricking my PSP. XD
    I was thinking it could have been hacked before, but probably a LONG time ago, as the last person who had it updated the thing to ofw.

But I saw that thread, actually. Didn't help me any, though.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yeah sony forums are...crap...and DO NOT RING SONY-worse service ever.

Well Using my psp here is how to deactivate it.

Turn it on>playstation network tab

Should be an option here.

For a straight up format of JUST the psp, here is how.

System settings>System settings>Restore defualt settings

Do this step just once, if that doesnt help it may of been hacked once...and what model psp is this btw?

18. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

It's a 1000. The first model.

And when I google the error code I get, it appears that a hole shit ton of people have this same error, so it may be an error on Sony's side.

Also, when I restore default settings, will my custom theme be deleted? I don't want that to be deleted.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I'd keep a backup copy.
    '
    It would be deleted, anything installed on the psp is deleted, anything on the memory stick wont...but bought content that works will be disabled.