1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any good 3DS Emulators? (Other than Citra)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by houselyrander, Dec 9, 2016.

1. houselyrander

houselyrander Member

Hey, super new to this site, but I'm trying to find a way to run Fire Emblem Awakening but I need a good emulator. The only one I've found so far is Citra which isn't available for download right now. Does anyone have any other options?

2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

well there arent any 3ds emulators which could run these games other than Citra3ds .

any way i checked their website and you can download citra builds . link

3. houselyrander

houselyrander Member

Dang. I'm trying out the Bleeding Edge build (apparently it's just Nightly builds that aren't available), but it can't load Fire Emblem. I ran the system setup which opened up what I'm assuming is the emulator, but whenever I try to run FE it says, "Could not determine system mode" and I can't ask Citra people for help because it's a Bleeding Edge build

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Citra at present can't run encrypted rom. Most every sites on the net provides encrypted rom for use on Flash Cartridges.

5. houselyrander

houselyrander Member

Guh, what? Why would the 3DS ROMs here be encrypted then? Then they couldn't work only the only emulator! More importantly, how do I decrypt FE: Awakening I can run it on Citra?

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

This site didn't encrypt them. When the scene group/individual who dumped the rom from their original game cartridge, it was almost always in encrypted condition. Which are what most rom sites have in their inventory.
    As I said, it won't run on any present emulators without pre-decrypting them. To decrypt them, you need a 3DS handheld+flash cartridge. The exact method I'm not too familiar. Again you need a decypted FEA to run on Citra, even if you acquired it, it might not run well on the emulator at present stage of development. The emulator is still in beta development, far from perfect.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  7. houselyrander

houselyrander Member

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks a million for the info, you're a real bro. And if anyone knows how to decrypt 3DS ROMs I'd be grateful for the help. Bing says Every File Explorer, but I'd appreciate a 2nd opinion

8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

@houselyrander i found this in youtube

the build-emulator used in this video can be found here (MEGA).

in the video's description there was also a torrent link to collection of 250 decrypted 3ds roms.

9. houselyrander

houselyrander Member

Thanks! The ROM works great

10. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

which build did you use ?

the one in the mega ?