1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any wrestling fans here?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by atmizi69, Mar 15, 2009.

1. dedboy

dedboy Guest

You still active fighting MSG?
    I need some advice on my gym work and sparring sessions man.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Just quit 2 weeks ago, can't find a pro flyweight to fight me and im too old now to diet down to 125lbs all my life.
    Im just gonna do it as a hobby now, get big in the gym instead.
    What do you need help with? I'll help you if I can.

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Any advice on extended cardio.

I cut my weight down to 215, thing is it seemed my endurance took a hit.
    Any advice on tweaking my workouts to maximize endurance would help.

I swim a shitload now, it does help, but some fights seem to drag on forever.
    I'm training hard in Greco Roman now, trying to get the art of a decent takedown under my belt.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Have you looked at randy coutures training? http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3224902600571518938#
    This really helps. My internet has been capped so I can't see if the videos still up but just google if its not.
    I shadow box with weights in my hand, when your tired your hands tend to drop so this helps. I learnt this from Bruce Lee's book - tao of jeet kune do. Its a must read if you are serious about fighting.
    Theres no substitute for running, I hate it, its boring but 40 minutes a day plus your MMA training will be enough at amateur levels for most fighters.
    Punch out drills help - http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym24.htm I do around 20-30 mins.
    Its just hard work, constantly, day in day out.
    Diet is key too, you are what you eat, if you eat shit your body will feel shit.

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

You just earned my utmost respect for the Bruce reference.
    I almost gave up, but Bruce's Jeet kept me going. Thank you man. Truly

6. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Top 5 wrestlers (opinion so dont hate)
    1. Aj styles
    2. KENTA
    3. Davey Richards
    4. Austin Aries
    5. Chris Hero

7. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

The only thing I hate about the list is there is no Bryan Danielson, >:O

But, I agree with the list. Part of my Top 25

8. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

True i will have to agree with u
    i think i might swap out the 5 spot of chris hero to Bryan Danielson

9. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Who saw NOC. It sucked donkey ba**s. Lame matches, sans Taker and Kane.
    Raw is coming on in twelve minutes, I bet since Hell in a cell is two weeks away, it will be nothing but rematches.

10. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

The only match i actually cared about was Daniel Bryan vs the Miz which Bryan is the New US champ. With Tyler black heading over to wwe hopefully we can see a Daniel bryan vs Tyler black fued

11. version3

I highly doubt that. I don't want to see, nor would the WWE give us, a Black and Danielson feud. Hell, Kaval doesn't even have anything going for him after winning NXT, no hype, nothing. Let DBD get his groove and then, we should see what happens.

12. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Well actually im just hoping wwe dont bury Tyler black like they did colt cabana
    oh that was just horrible

And also im happy for "The backbreaker Messiah" Rodrick Strong on winning the ROH championship

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

WWE, with CM Punk and Danielson being the exceptions, don't like to push talent grown outside the WWE talent pool. Tyler black is a CM punk rip off. Even looks like him ,did you guys see the last ROH PPV?
    It stank badly, even Haas and Benjamin couldn't save it.

14. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Naw i actually missed the ppv but how was the austin aries vs christopher daniels match

15. dedboy

dedboy Guest

That was the best match of the whole damn show. Aries hit some wicked kicks and all, Daniels won with the top rope angels wings. Daniels can still go, also as the show ended Homicide came back to ROH.

16. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Yea austin aries and daniels r two of the top wresters in the world so i knew that match had to be good and good for homicide because tna was killing his career

17. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Agreed, they shut him down from using a lot of his movesets. At least him and Rodrick Storm will have a decent ROH title feud now. The Hass and Benjamin vs Kings of Wrestling match was hyped to be sweet. It wasn't, no real good spots and Hero used his golden elbow pad to ko Hass for the win.

18. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

W00t john cena, orton and wade barret rule

19. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Oh god i hate cena so much, i mean i can deal wit orton ( i like the rko), and i prefer Gabriel to barret but i cant stand freaking cena. Im mean he is nothing but i wont quit speeches and his 4 move set. Biggest overated wrestler since hulk hogan but not to bash your opinion

20. version3

"Bad" Wrestler (I use the term bad lightly because people like the Ultimate Warrior existed). Awesome guy to have around.

And Woi Barrah is more or less the one that shined the most amongst the NXT Season 1 guys, yes, even over Daniel Bryan. Hell, he can talk the talk, and certainly walk the walk (clean win over Cena, anyone?) I can see him, if not in the main event scene, in the upper midcards, feuding with the likes of Morrison, Jericho, Kofi etc.

Also, \__o_/