1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Calling all Filipino RomUlation members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I finally gave up the idea of buying a mobirates phone when I saw a seller at sulit.com selling them for 3,500Php :(

Plus I'm currently broke right now after spending 26k on a major computer upgrade >.<

2. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Least that's better than the Great Toys Online price: P5000.

Apparently the 2nd version, the Legend Mobirates, is cheaper in Japan. Here's hoping that cheaper price will carry over to here as well.

3. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

let me just share this little video for someone who needs a good whacking from my idiot stick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EpoH5IMXtU

i really dont know if you guys are following the impeachment trial for CJ corona.. but seriously you should know Senator Defensor Santiago by now... she's scary as hell... and this guy... covering his ears while she's talking... a facepalm isn't enough for his stupidity...

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The impeachment trial has gone long enough :p

Somebody should just ax Corona & get it over with.

And LOL! Miriam is such a pro at troll facing :D

5. Xalfrea

Miriam Santiago is awesome at trolling.

Anyway Cahos, something that may interest you: the Legend Mobirates, according to GreatToysOnline, will be in stock in April, and priced at P2100.

Definitely better than P3500 eh? It's in my price range so I know I'll be getting it for sure.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That is a lot cheaper yes but I won't be getting one anytime soon I'm afraid, plus I never really shop for stuff online.

7. Xalfrea

But GreatToysOnline does have branches...they have in Greenhills, Makati and Alabang.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Ah I see ;)

So I take it you live south of the Metro? Of those three areas Greenhills is the only place I'm familiar with. Alabang & Makati are totally unfamiliar turf for me. And I'm afraid I'm not in the upper crust of society to even fit in at those places LOL!

9. Xalfrea

ROFL, I don't live in southern Manila. In fact I don't even live in Manila at all. I live up further north, in Pampanga. I go down to Manila every once in a while, either for my Masteral classes or visiting relatives.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Oh I see ;D

Good luck on your studies by the way :)

EDIT: Addendum:

I'm not sure if anyone here can actually relate to what I'm about to ask for but here goes....

I'm an admitted 80's & 90's music lover but I recently acquired a liking to those rap songs that are often being played by younger Jeepney drivers these days. I know most of 'em are about making out, one song in particular is about the singer demanding that this girl give him head. And some blatantly use the "N" word (Nigger) like it's acceptable. But despite this a few of 'em are actually tolerable & quite catchy. Oh & before I forget, I'm not talking about those Filipino rap songs, the songs I'm talking about are in English & presumably by American Artists.

So anyone here who does commute via Jeepney know what these songs' titles are & who the artists are who made them?

11. Xalfrea

The release of the Muppets here has been a total disaster.

1. They bring the movie 4 months after the US release, around the time the DVD is already on sale.
    2. They constantly shift release dates (Feb 1-Mar 17-Mar 21)
    3. They price it as a 3D movie even though there's no 3D in it.
    4. Only certain malls carry it, namely Ayala malls. Only the upper class SM malls carry it.
    5. For my local mall Marquee Mall, a mere 3 days after it's released they already start to double bill it with John Carter, LOOOOONG past its movie tenure and only showing it twice in one day.

Honestly it just pisses me off because I've REALLY been looking forward to this movie and it keeps getting screwed over. I won't be surprised if come tomorrow it'll already be removed out of theaters.

12. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

It's out on torrents. Seen it already like last month :)) I only watch highly anticipated movie in theaters like The Hunger Games

13. Xalfrea

Watching in theaters is different from torrents though.

Same like watching shows on youtube and on an actual TV. I'm part of that crowd that likes the experience.

I'm pretty sure Hunger Games is a good movie, but I have absolutely zero interest in it. The Muppets is bigger for me because I grew up watching these guys, and seeing them in the movie (Yes I FINALLY saw it) was really great.

I'm getting the DVD as well next month from the US, but this wouldn't have been a huge problem if they didn't release Muppets and Hunger Games in the same period.

14. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I wanted to watch the Muppets last year but since it was released during the holiday season abroad I kind of predicted that it would get bumped cause of MMFF. I downloaded it only cause I thought they were never going to show it here, like Dream Girls. It sad that we get some movies earlier than other countries but some movies are given the respect they deserve

15. Xalfrea

Well on the plus side, we're one of those that gets Avengers ahead of the US. THAT has to be watched in theaters no matter what.

16. Muscab

Muscab Member

Cheers from Malaysia.

17. Xalfrea

Officially entered the Ranger Key collecting game by buying individual Keys from GreatToysOnline.

Toy Kingdom though pisses me off. I visited the one in SM Makati, they had A BUNCH of Kamen Rider merch like Astro Switches, Figurarts, henshin belts etc. But hardly any Super Sentai. When I inquired, it's because they primarily promote Power Rangers instead.

Dammit. Makes me wish PR never came here and we got to watching Sentai only like in the old days.

18. dekodin

dekodin New Member

count me in, 24 m somewhere between taguig and paranaque

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I know I should post this on the Rants section, but seeing it is a local matter...

I EFFIN' HATE LevelUp! Games incompetent handling of their games!

They've totally ruined Flyff Philippines & instead of fixing the bugs & problems in game they're just ignoring our pleas & are instead stealthily introducing newer (& actually uglier) MMORPGs to replace our favorite game :(

20. DaveRyan

DaveRyan Well-Known Member

Can someone here please help me? We have an activity in English..... You can help me by just liking this page:
    www.facebook.com/Alikabooks

Thanks in advance