1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Edge card problems (games freezing with certain actions) or can't continue

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Majorfoley, May 17, 2015.

1. Majorfoley

Majorfoley New Member

Hey guys so I thought it was time to bring out my old edge card again and ive run into a few complications. So currently I got edge 2.3 and since then... well things have sort have gone down hill.

Games I used to be able to play normally such as advance wars days of ruin seem to freeze when you do certain actions like saving. And in a game like that isn't exactly a lot of fun trying to beat it in one shot.

Another game that seems to have a problem is yu-gi-oh 2011 over the nexus, although from what ive looked up it might be some kind of anti-piracy I don't exactly know but what happens is that whenever I do a free duel and end my turn the game locks up with sounds still playing or in story mode I go to the shack and the characters aren't there. I am using the (U) version

Did edge card 2.3 ruin some compatibilities with older games? Or could it be the rom itself be corrupted? if its the case of the rom being corrupted I cant find the version of advance wars that I was using before (not exactly the same name which was (1964 - Advance Wars Days of Ruin (U)(iND) ) how could I use my old save games that I had that are named the same as the rom just with a .sav instead of a .nds?

And 2 How would I patch newer NDS games to work?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1 way is to use DS-Scene Rom Tool which you can Google search easily. However the issue is the Tool's server is no longer online (been shut down) thus you can't get it updated. As for EDGE itself, the cart been abandoned by the maker years ago, thus there's no update for it.

Best solution I could think of, is for you to buy newer cartridge from other brand. Or play on a PC emulator such as DeSmuMe or on Drastic if you have an Android smartphone.

3. Majorfoley

Majorfoley New Member

I don't mind i mean the only game i really want to patch is yugioh over the nexus so if it does that and it gets it to work ill be happy there.

Hm well ill see if i can find my old version of Edge i had, i thin i had backup somewhere but do you think renaming the save file to the same name as the rom would let the rom detect the saves?
    like my advance wars conundrum just remove the (inD) from 1964 - Advance Wars Days of Ruin (U)(iND) and see?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Both the .NDS and .SAV should of cause bear the same name. But doing so doesn't automatically guarantee the savefile could still be readable, because that would depend on the condition of that savefile. If it is corrupted, then of cause it won't be readable.

5. Majorfoley

Majorfoley New Member

Confirmed that this method works. I tried a new rom the only difference between the 2 was instead of inD it was Independent in brackets, so i just renamed the save to resemble the "independent" rom and made sure they were of the same region, when i went to save the game didnt lock up and went to the next screen so it was definitely a corrupt rom. Thanks i also got yugioh working as well