1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy III (U) by Psyfer

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by OmenNeko, Jun 26, 2007.

1. OmenNeko

OmenNeko Member

Ok, I have a question.

I have a working, running version of Nocash GBA Emulator, and it plays most the games I get from here, with sound and everything. I have however, encountered some games, that wont start properly. There has to be a solution. On the bottom touch screen it says:

"Unable to access Backup Memory. Please try again after turning your system OFF and reinserting the DS Card." for final fantasy III by Psyfer. After getting this, I even downloaded the (e) version but it gave a similar error.

If there is a fix, I would love to know it. In private or public, ^^ thanks for reading this.

(edit: does it have something to do with the backup memory type? or maybe the bios? should I change something?) Problem Solved ^_^

2. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

Umm. what you have to do is before loading the rom, go the the options tab at the top of the emulator, then click on emulator options.
    A box should open up.
    On the left hand side there should be a tab where above it it says NDS *something* (I can't remember what it is exactly.)
    Change the setting to 512. Then load the ROM. It should work. If not play around with that setting it should work. I gave the same advice to one of my friends who had this problem! ;)

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Yeah you can change backup media under settings. If that doesn't work then the game simply isn't supported, NDS emulation isn't perfect! A lot of games won't work.

4. OmenNeko

OmenNeko Member

Ok I figured out what the problem was last night when I was playing in the options.

NDS Cartridge Backup Media was set to:

FLASH 512KBytes

When its set to this it gives an error. So I chose the one below it:

FRAM 32kBytes

Now the game loads past the error screen. However, the top screen lags when it trys to play the video. Ignoring this I started the game. Now I think since it lags alot, it has something to do with the LCD Refresh. I really don't care about the lag though.

What i'm concerned with now is the sound. Is there any sound plugins that you guys reccomend? Because the sound is a bit static and drags sometimes.

All in all I only tested FRAM 32Kbytes and now it works! ^_^ Hope this helps for anyone else that had the problem.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

There are no plug-ins at all. NDS emulation has only just begun, sound is bad in almost every game, many games lag and can be painful to play. I doubt that it's the LCD refresh rate, it's most likely just the game not being emulated too well. 3D especially isn't emulated properly.

6. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

The best thing to do at the moment is to get an NDS lite and get an R4DS.

7. xvzdigimon

xvzdigimon New Member

Hi, I was wondering. If any of you encounter that there is no opening in the rom?

8. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ like has been said, DS emulation is in very early stages. Also make sure you are using NO$GBA.