1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with Pokémon SoulSilver on a older R4i Gold card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aysell95, May 15, 2016.

1. Aysell95

Aysell95 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys! How is everyone's day going?

I have a problem running Pokemon soul silver. I know it's most likely due to the age of my R4i card and it's subsequent software, but i REALLY REALLY wanna play it, because it's the first gen where Umbreon appears.. I'll list as much information i can find below, and i hope someone can help me figure this out and help me reach my dream of becoming a pokemon master :p

• Card: R4i Gold Card V1.4
    • From: www.R4i-gold.com (currently http://r4i-gold.me/ i believe)
    • Firmware version: R4i Dutch V1.31b ( from the old site, i think)
    • Micro SD: 16 GB kingston (Brand new, just bought it yesterday)
    • Rom site: Paradise of emu ;) (IDK if they still have it here)
    The problem
    • First time running the rom was normal
    • Saved game after introduction
    • Switched off DSi
    • Tried to load the rom again
    • Error: Saves file not located
    Please let me know if you need any more information..

Thanks!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

3. Aysell95

Will it work with my version of moonshell? Because firmware from different sites might not work.. Rivalling companies..

4. Aysell95

I downloaded them both.. After i unzip them, what do i need to do? Do i keep my current moonshell on there or is this a replacement? Sorry if i sound dumb, but this is my first time doing this and first time using my R4i in over 1,5 years

5. Prectorian

You may keep your moonshell in your SD Micro.

Just download RGF's YSMENU v.7.0.4, extract, find the 'R4i_Clone' folder, copy the entire folder into your SD Micro.
    Download Jhon591's mega link for the v.7.0.4 r6599, extract, copy the .DATS (extinfo, infolib, savlib, usrcheat) from there to and overwrite the ones you see in the TTMENU folder from the first added folder. Done.
    Boot your R4i onto your DSi, load the ysmenu.nds rom, find the pokemon game, play.

6. Aysell95

Alright! I'm gonna try that now! Thanks!

Ps. Your signature is awesome :D:D

7. Prectorian

Just make sure you keep a copy of your original files as back up.

8. Aysell95

Already did that.. I even have the original zip on my laptop

9. Aysell95

I can't find the R4i_Clone folder.. It's not there.. there is a R4_Clone folder tho... What do i do now?

10. Prectorian

Use the R4i-SDHC folder in that case.
    Remember just copy that folder over to your SD Micro.
    If needed, you back up your SD Micro content, format the SD Micro, re-add the original files + that R4i-SDHC folder.
    What you won't want to do is accidentally overwrite the cart's original files with those from that folder.
    Only then, you proceed to use Jhon 591's DAT files & replace the same files found in the R4i-SDHC folder's TTMENU FOLDER.

Edit:
    Alternatively, you could also use the DSTTi-Clone YSMENU folder.

Note:
    You just need Jhon 591's extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, savlib.dat, & usrcheat.dat to overwrite the ones in the TTMENU Folder. All the rest in that folder is not for the TTMENU Folder. So ignore them.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  11. Aysell95

Oh, I get it.. the data card itself is empty, and it's not the same one i got with the R4i card.. I tried that yesterday, and it's fried.. it turned out to be from 2004, so i bought a simple new card with 16 gb.. but i think you mean the orignal moonshell.

Also, will the new YS menu thingy be my new os?

12. Aysell95

I delete all the roms from my card already, so only the moonshell and os are on there so i dont need to format it.. i'll let you know if i run in to any problems.. Thank you for your help!

13. Prectorian

Essentially the YSMENU will act as a secondary firmware. You'll still need the original R4i's firmware. There's a way to make the YSMENU as your primary firmware but better you stick to the double firmware method. Easier.

Once it runs fine, you simply always have to remember to run YSMENU.nds first upon booting the DS console, before running the games. If successful, you'll be able to play whatever NDS games found in this forum. All 6599 of them.

14. Aysell95

Say that i play a game without booting up the secondary firmware.. Can that cause any trouble with my card? Just in case...

15. Prectorian

No it won't cause any problem. It simply just won't run any games newer than your primary firmware is able to play. The YSENU will however run all old & new NDS rom.

16. Aysell95

In the RetroGameFan DAT Update v7.04 6599 folder, i see two folders named DAT and DAT2.. Where do i get the update files from?

17. Aysell95

That's comforting.. Seriously, you're being a great help here. *bows*

18. Prectorian

No problem. I hope it'll solve your problem & allow you to play new games.
    Again take precaution to not accidentally overwrite your original firmware files.
    If it happens and or you can't use YSMENU, then simply clear it & restore to the original state.
    Good luck.

19. Aysell95

But do i need the files from the DAT or the DAT2 folder?

20. Aysell95

Or is there no difference?

-----
    If you want, i can screenshot it