1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How Do I Get Started With New AceKard 2 for DSi XL?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by ben104ben, Apr 30, 2010.

1. ben104ben

ben104ben Member

I am a novice when it comes to all this formatting. I was able to get my R4 on the DS to work fine. I just upgraded to a DSi XL and purchased an Acekard 2. I have read several threads here and followed the step-by-steps for firmware and loaders and Moonshell. After each re-format and do-over, I still get the same black screen telling me that an error has occurred. Is there another link somewhere that walks through this in a very basic, step-by-step how-to to be able to play my DS ROMs on the DSi?
    Thanks
    :-[

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You need to update the firmware on your Acekard 2i.

You will need a DS Phat, DS Lite, or a Pre-1.4 DSi. (won't work on DSi XL at all).

Then download this file - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529

Put the .nds file that you need (DSLite if you are updating on the DS Lite/Phat and the DSi update if you're updating on a Pre-1.4 DSi).

Then run the file and follow the onscreen instructions.

It'll work then.

3. ben104ben

ben104ben Member

Are you saying that the Acekard won't work on the DS XL at all? Or that I need to update the firmware via a DS Lite (my old DS was a DS Lite) before it will work on the DS XL?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It'll work. If it didn't work, then I wouldn't be able to play my Acekard 2i on my DSi XL and I would be dead...

You need to do that, yes.
    I would recommend using a DS Lite or Phat.

5. ben104ben

ben104ben Member

Here is where my novice-ness will show.
    Do I put that DS Lite update file on a newly formatted micro SD and then put it in the Acekard and then put the Acekard into the DS Lite? If so, what is supposed to happen then? It just goes to the clock/calendar screen, stating that there is no DS card inserted. Sorry. I really do need step-by-step, stupi-fied instructions. Thanks

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Try doing this.

Just download the firmware and loaders.

Firmware - http://normmatt.com/forum/download/file.php?id=75
    Loaders You'll want the 2/2i loader.zip - http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

This is what should be on your AK2i Micro SD card root.

I have highlighted the files/folders that you need to have.
    You don't have to have an NDS folder, but it's recommended that you do.

[​IMG]

Here is what should be in your _aio folder.

http://i44.tinypic.com/k2yc1x.jpg

And what should be in your loaders folder.

http://i44.tinypic.com/r711ch.jpg

Then, put the dslite update file into the NDS folder if you have one and run the firmware update. :)

7. ben104ben

ben104ben Member

I actually found instructions on how to make the Acekard compatible with my new DSi XL (it was 1.4U, so the Acekard needed to be upgraded with a fix through my DS Lite before I could play it on the DSi XL). Below are the instructions for making the Acekard readable on a DSi XL, that is loaded with DSi firmware 1.4E, 1.4J, 1.4U, 1.4A & 1.4X. Since I was updating the Acekard on my DS Lite, I chose the Lite firmware on the fix link. Thank's for pushing me in the right direction.

The complete step-by-step guide for updating Acekard 2i Firmware Fix For DSi Firmware 1.4E, 1.4J, 1.4U, 1.4A & 1.4X
    August 28, 2009 admin Leave a comment Go to comments

Before proceeding to this guide please ensure you have the latest extracted acekard 2i software on your micro sd / sdhc card.

You can get the acekard 2i software by clicking the acekard official website on this blog and go to download. Its 4.18 as of today the 28th Aug. 09.

You will need to perform an extra function as below apart from the above main software.

The guide starts here. Please patiently follow the guide. Its easy : ( NOTE : IF YOU WANA WATCH A VIDEO THE LINK IS AT THE BOTTOM )

1. Important: if you want to update you AceKard 2i on your DSi console, please make sure that your DSi console is having a firmware version lower than 1.4. If your DSi has been updated to version 1.4E, you will need to use a DS Lite or DSi 1.3 or lower console to update your Acekard 2i. Please take note, the firmware is different from the main driver as advised above.

Again please ensure you have the main acekard 2i extracted firmware first on your acekard 2i.
    2. Then download the add-on firmware here :

http://www.ps3news.com/Nintendo-DS/acekard-2i-nintendo-dsi-firmware-1-4-fix-is-now-available/

Extract it but dont upload yet.

3. Unzip the firmware file downloaded, there are two firmware update files

a) For DSi :ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds ( USE THIS ONE IF YOU HAVE 1.3 DSi for 1.4 DSi)
    b) For DS Lite :ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds ( USE THIS ONE IF YOU HAVE A DS LITE )
    c) If you have multiple Acekard 2i cards that you wish to update all in a row, run on the DS Lite console using ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds

4. Now copy the appropriate firmware file to the root folder of the microSD memory card.

5. Plug in the microSD to the Acekard 2i and insert the Acekard 2i to the DS console.

6. Select the microSDCard icon on the main operating system

7. Select the firmware file AK2IFW_UPDATE_14_DSI.NDS by pressing A on the right hand side control pad.

8. You will be prompted if you want to update the firmware as follows:

9. Press Start on the DS to continue
    10. The following screen shows that the update has been started.

11. The following screen shows that the update is halfway done.

12. The following screen shows that the update has been completed. Congratulation! Restart your DS now.

13. The Acekard icon on the DSi main menu has been changed to that for DANNY PHANTOM URBAN JUNGLE THQ. Done! ENJOY!

VIDEO Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKdk6aOYFs

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

So you got it?

I don't find this hard to do, but I've been into this for a few years now. :p

9. ben104ben

ben104ben Member

Yes. 1) the formatting on the DS Lite threw me off and 2) one of the AceKards was not working. I went through it all again with a secondary Acekard (I always get (2) just in case) and it all worked fine. Thanks a bunch for your input.
    JB

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's weird...so one just didn't work at all with AKAIO?

11. ben104ben

ben104ben Member

Correct. The non-working AceKard was not recognized in either of the DS units I used ('card not found'). The second AcreKard was recognized even before I formatted it. I need to get in touch with Deal Extreme, as that is where both cards came from.

12. stevo_gti

stevo_gti New Member

i am having this problem also and cant get it working.

i bought a dsi with an acekard2i off ebay for my 5yr old daughter and not knowing i formatted the dsi and updated to v1.4 which stopped the ak2i from working.

i have followed the steps on here and updated the card on her old DSlite with no luck, any ideas?