1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do I stop the Romulation Downloader from appearing?

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by mcdonald_trump, Oct 28, 2017.

1. mcdonald_trump

mcdonald_trump New Member

Recently, I've been trying to download a few games from this site but anytime I click the download button, the Romulation Downloader appears instead of the game. The downloader always crashes for me and I prefer to just download it on browser. I've downloaded a game from the past just fine here so i'm wondering what the problem is.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's a new ad format we're trying out. The downloader shouldn't be crashing if you're on Windows. Currently this is just in trial mode so I'm not sure if we're gonna keep it or not.

And as always premium bypasses all ads and restrictions.

3. m714w

m714w New Member

Hello, I have been downloading fine also and now I only can download the RomUlation_Downloader only. I killed my antivirus and tried other browsers but the same thing, I no longer can download any ROMS, Please help

4. crillin2001

crillin2001 New Member

I just sent a message via the "contact us" but i guess i should have checked here first....the "RomUlation_Downloader.exe" is being flagged by AVG Antivirus' Web Shield as Malware. the specific warning that comes up is "We've safely aborted connection on www.applicationsvaultsign.com/... becuase it was infected with Win32:Malware-gen." it definitely looks like a new ad format is in order. i have no problem with ads before downloading as long as the downloading part works, but this being a "downloader" kind of contradicts the "Download Managers" portion of your help page. this does not discourage me from Romulation however. i have faith that this can and will be corrected and i will be checking back periodically for updates. Romulation easily has the best library for the platforms available.