1. This forum is in read-only mode.

iedge help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pelicanpie, Jan 24, 2010.

1. pelicanpie

pelicanpie Member

Is there a complete idiots guide to the iedge setup? please point me in the right direction.

Having trouble with the setup.

After successfully setting up my kids edge cards, a friend bought the iedge and asked me to set it up.
    Apparently i need a bootstrap which i have downloaded.
    Followed the websites instructions but cant seem to update (error 10) and i cannot pick the drive path. It is blank and i cannot pick anything.

Does anyone have any experience with this card (iedge) if so please help as it it different to the edge.

just need simple instuctions that work!

Thanks

ok so after playing around for a few hours i figured out that i need the usb adapter(supplied with the iedge) not the card adapter(also supplied) to pick the path (some reason it worked..weird)
    i am now getting another error message after following instructions (could not lock drive- continue anyway?)
    So i did and tried it out in the ds. All seemed to be going smoothly (as per instruction) red light stopped flashing and then nothing, blank screen.
    i am now stuck for ideas apart from telling him to send it back and swap for original edge not the iedge

Wishing he had bought the original edge card as it is so much simpler to set up.

any suggestions?

2. pelicanpie

pelicanpie Member

Nobody has replied to this post so i was left to my own devices as im guessing that the iedge is relatively new and nobody has one yet?

So have finally sorted out how to prepare the iedge. (my way)

After much mucking around it was part the pc's fault and part of my own fault.

here is my guide; (for windows..dont know if it is different for different operating systems)

1. Download the bootstrap(it is a winrar file) (make sure it is for your pcs operating system)

2. Make sure you also have the rom file 0363 puzzle series vol.3 Soduko.nds (i found this file from a different website because it wasnt on the official edge download) (sorry cant remember where) (this file was also in the same file as the bootstrap u need..winrar)

3. Do not put anything on the card yet

4. insert the card using the usb adapter into a working usb port (sd card adapter does not work and will not let you pick the drive)

5. run the edgebootupdate.exe (from your pc)

6. pick the path to the rom file that should be on your pc that u have previously downloaded ( 0363- puzzle series vol 3- Soduko.nds) It will update.

7. You now should have a .bin file on the card

8. safely remove the card and put it in the iegde

9. insert iedge into ds and turn it on
    dont touch anything! red light flashes on the iedge and will eventually stop flashing. After the flashing stops it should be done.
    Turn off ds and take it out.

10. insert back into usb adapter and load the iedge with the iedge os(you will have to download this aswell..also winrar) and all should be sweet. When inserted back into ds there will be a suduko option that u need to pick in order to use the iedge. It should boot up from there.

Hope i have explained this ok. This guide is how it worked for me and if i have missed anything or not explained it properly i am sorry as i am certainly not an expert.

3. AshbyS

AshbyS New Member

hey im stuck on the step 0363 - Puzzle Series Vol.3 - Sudoku because i cannot find this rom anywhere if anyone can help me out message me.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: Re: iedge help

https://www.romulation.org/NDS/0363_-_Puzzle_Series_Vol._3_-_Sudoku_%28J%29%28SCZ%29%28552FAAFE%29.rar.html/

5. microlight15

microlight15 New Member

how do i get rid of the error locking drive? i knew all that u told me, but i cant solve the error locking drive part

6. pelicanpie

pelicanpie Member

as for the error locking drive what worked for me was changing usb ports.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I think we should cut that post out and...make it a tutorial :)

I'm sorry no one helped, but while I heard of edge cards...never an iedge card...

8. dlkn

dlkn New Member

I too had this error, until I read pelicanpie's post! Make sure the SD card is empty. But, I still can't get the Sudoku option to appear. :(

9. sbeaudette

sbeaudette New Member

someone can help me , i have a iedge card and i follow the instruction of pelicanpie , evreryting work, i have suduku option and i can boot up from there. but after want i start my dsl it tell me EDGE data not fond!! ,,, il dont no what i have to do ,,,, some one can help me !!

tank's for your help!!

10. helbri

helbri New Member

That worked perfectly for me!! Thanks so much

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to put the Edge firmware on your card.

12. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

my iedge red light wont flash its just stuck red for ages now what do i do??
    thanks guys :)

13. D1elnegro

D1elnegro New Member

thanks a lot the Rom need to be Japanese or us?