1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Methadone

Discussion in 'General News' started by snebbers, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Not exactly world news, but I felt like bringing it up..

Methadrone is a drug given to people that are coming off of snorting Cocaine. But on the news this morning they stated that several people have died thanks to the effects of Methadrone.
    The most disturbing part is that I know several people who have been doing Methadrone. I'm not going to tell them, they can find out the hard way. Screw them. I told them not to in the first place and stated that it could be harmful to them but they just ignored me. That may seem petty to you fellow users, but my opinion may change and I may let them know what it does.

But regardless. This is pathetic. They can't even provide a drug that will help them (Unless of course killing them so they can't take drugs like cocaine anymore is a feasible method)

I'll post a link to an Article as soon as I can.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Re: Methadrone

Hrm...

Prehaps it's because the drug might have only came of out the experimental phase, and the full range of test may have been missed to prevent killing people.

And I'd have to agree on the "SCREW YOU" part, while I know no-one on cocaine or the one listed, I know a few I care for on other drugs (damn weed!) that I know realise...why bother, let them suffer and make them learn the hard way.

But what exactly does the drug do, what just to help in the transition part of getting of the drug?

Sheer will power is the best cure, those of weak mental states may need this...but the risk of relapse is high...but the sure fire cure is not a cure, but prevention of taking such things!

I'm drug free :)

[me=hYpNoS]is however a video game addict but isn't ashamed[/me]

3. phishfood

phishfood Member

I read it on a British newspaper today. On the "streets" they call it Meow Meow, and 2 boys died from taking it on a night out partying.

I would think its relatively safe when prescribed and taken in the correct doses for people who actually need it, but its a different story for people who just want to get high.

4. snebbers

That's exactly the incident that I meant, I couldn't find it on the internet this morning though.
    Good to hear that you're drug free..

I've actually just finished raging at them about taking it... Things should be better now, told you I might change my mind.

5. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

I heard it was some kind of plant fertilizer, and I also know a couple guys who take this stuff. To me smoking weed is one thing, but snorting white powder is completely different thing. Sad thing is those guys are kinda close friends, but they will learn the error of their ways sooner or later.

6. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Isn't it "methadone" and note "methadrone"?

Maybe I should trust Wikipedia on this, but...
    I don't think I'll ever understand why people start taking drugs like cocaine...

7. snebbers

Yeah I may have spelt it wrong. My bad.

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

the people who died had taken an assortment of substances, so it's not possible to say the fault lies with meathadrone alone.

9. MessoMesso

One should wonder if maybe some of the fault lies in the person who took methadone...

10. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

That would be silly, why should someone be accountable for their actions. Don't you know that it's always someone else's fault.

11. snebbers

Why am I reminded of The Shawshank Redemption..

12. MessoMesso

You're right! I should be mad at the guy who introduced those two boys to methadone, not the boys themselves!

It may be their fault, but when I think of maybe a close friend of mind getting hooked on these things... It's just sad. It's too sad.

13. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

i know some people who are on cocaine... however i feel pity for them, they're hopeless Y_Y

14. Miminari

Miminari Well-Known Member

Weed and similar 'natural-ish' drugs is something I can tolerate, but once you get to crack/cocaine, meth, alcohol addiction, etc, I stop caring. Their loss.

Also, with the amount of crap they've put in their bodies, methadone may be too much for them and die. It's better off for them to die, anyways. Less taxes/bills for us to pay a bunch of lowlifes who will relapse anyways.

Harsh, but hey. No mercy comes from one who would tell them to stop or GTFO my life.

15. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

its not given to people that are coming off cocaine, its plant fertilizer and its mostly called mkat.
    its 10 pound a gram(delivered) and is readily available on ebay and other auction sites, its effects are similar to ecstacy but it stinks and the smell stays with you for days
    people are buying it because its a cheap alternative to cocaine, decent cocaine now is about 50 pound anything cheaper is cut so much its not worth buying
    plus, ecstacy is almost impossible to get, i havent heard of anyone getting any for about 18 months

16. snebbers

Well that's the last time I post stuff on here that I have been told by my colleagues.

17. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

methodone is given to people coming off heroin, methodrone and meow is what the papers are calling mkat, its that what you meant, just a bit of confusion because their so similar names i had to google it myself to make sure. I was at a party saturday with mkat there, its been around a while now almost every party i go to i can smell it.

18. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

lol at 'decent cocaine', i believe it's about only 10% coke these days.

19. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

*Sarcasm mode ON
    You help drug addicted people by giving them drugs? Wow, that's was a shock for me!
    *Sarcasm mode OFF

I don't have any worlds to say about substitute drugs other than: "That's the dumbest thing ever."
    Think about these:

-You're "curing"(there's no cure to addiction) drug addicted people by giving them drugs. You're not resolving anything, you're just "pushing things with your belly"(adapted term).

-You could say all day that it is medication and stuff. But what you say about people that are addicted to comercial medicine? That's pretty much the same thing I said before.

-Addiction has no cure(no matter what everyone else says).

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually it does have a cure. Its called willpower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.