1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 2ds 9.9.0 r4 question

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by DennisEhv, Aug 14, 2015.

1. DennisEhv

DennisEhv New Member

Hello everybody

My nephew got an Nintendo 2ds as an presant. Now they asked me to install wood r4 onto it. they got an R4 flashcard. But i just can't get it to work.

what do i do wrong? its a new nintendo 2ds

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

are you sure it's an original 2gb R4? Wood R4 doesn't work on most of the clones.

3. DennisEhv

DennisEhv New Member

the r4 card has an label what says: Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS), and there was an sd card of 2gb within
    Post Merge: [time]1439589648[/time]
    I Understanded on the internet that even when i put an empty r4 card into de 2ds there has to pop up that noticed the card. But i don't see it

Post Merge: [time]1439590639[/time]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully it works now

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I had to view the image by copy paste it to my browser. However,

Your flash cart does clearly state "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)" which works on 1GB and 2GB SD Micro (Non-SDHC SD Micro Cards) ONLY!
    And you're trying to use it on a 2DS v.9.9.0. Well, ain't gonna happen. It's like trying to fit a square into a circle.

You've to use a flash cartridge whose sticker or packaging also mentions DSi and 3DS on it. Even that too isn't enough assurance, you need to also make sure which ever flash cartridge brand you acquire is compatible with 2DS/3DS firmware 9.9.0 or higher. To top off your problem, you'll need to later on install the kernel/firmware for the future bought flash cartridge on an older system, e.g. NDS Fhat, NDSL, DSi v.1.4.3, or 3DS v.4.3.0. Any above that firmware version is a smoking gun; the installation might not be sucessful.

As for your initial intention to add WOOD R4, not all R4 brand can use it. Only a few flash carts are supported by it, and it can only help run NDS game rom not 3DS game rom. One of those supported by WOOD R4 is that cartridge in your possession.

All in all, get ready your wallet and head down to the nearest store or take out your credit card and start surfing.

5. DennisEhv

DennisEhv New Member

what does an correct r4 card cost? which one would be recommended?
    It's not mine nintendo, they only asked me if i can make it work, cause i do allot of stuff with pc's and home cinema's. But this is new to me.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I can't tell you the price of each flash cartridge, as the selling price might differ depending on where you are. Neither can I tell you where to buy, your option would be to either surf the internet for online store or finding a gaming outlet in your neighborhood. I can suggest the flash cartridge you or your nephew should aim to buy to play NDS game rom;

[​IMG]
    R4i 3DS Gold from r4ids . cn​

[​IMG]
    SuperCard DSTWO from SuperCard . sc​

If he/she is aiming to play 3DS game rom;

[​IMG]
    Gateway 3DS from gateway-3ds . com​

In either case, you'd need an older system (Nintendo handheld) to perform the installation sucessfully. You can't do so on that v.9.9.0 2DS, the kernel it runs block flash carts not already installed to work on it.

7. messywhite

messywhite Active Member

In my opinion, for playing ds game, this card will be better R4I SDHC RTS 3DS(buy from rev3ds.com you can get card with ds/3ds game download service). And for playing 3ds game, cause the 2ds is with latest firmware, choose sky3ds here http://www.rev3ds.com/home/27-sky3ds-first-3ds-card-for-playing-3ds-games-on-2ds3ds3ds-xl-v900-20.html is the right choice.