1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo releases DSi FW 1.4.1/1.4.2 - Blocks some current flashcards

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by linkfan551, Sep 8, 2010.

1. kosta032

kosta032 Well-Known Member

so dam true my friends so rich and he brought one and threw it at the wall cause he didnt like it

2. Taken4life

Taken4life Active Member

I don't know if I did this right..I was a dummy and downloaded the update because I wanted to download a new game. So it blocked my acekard. I downloaded the patch on the first post and added it to the file, but it didn't unblock it..am I doing something wrong, or am I just stuck?
    Post Merge: [time]1285978682[/time]
    I would like to add: can I reverse this update?

3. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I don't think you can reverse the update, however it sounds like you didn't finish the patch. You don't just put it on the card, you have to run it like a program on your DS, it doesn't just sit there. Open up your DS, find the file, and run it, and follow the onscreen instructions, it's pretty easy.

You have to run this patch on either a DS lite, or a DSi with firmware 1.4 or earlier. If you don't have either of those, then ask a friend to lend it to you for a few minutes. If you can't do that, then yeah, you're screwed sorry. You CANNOT run the patch on a ds console that already has the 1.4.1 patch.

Again, just so there is no confusion, put your acekard in a DS lite or DSi with 1.4.0 or earlier, run the patch, it will update the acekard, then it will be ready for gameplay on your 1.4.1 ds.

4. Taken4life

Taken4life Active Member

Please allow me to have a really dorky moment...

Dear Romu and Romu's forum peoples,

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

okay, that's all.. LOL thank you soo much, it worked!

*breaths again*

5. YCobb

YCobb Active Member

I just bought an Acekard, is there a firmware that will already have the compatibility? or do I download an old one and then the patch?

And could anyone tell me how to convert R4 saves to Acekard saves?

6. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

1. You need to update the acekard .

2. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=100139