1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl On No$GBA [Saving Is Confirmed Working]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Golden Falcon, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

flash cards are also hardware and cannot be downloaded. Think about it. if it is tangible (=you can touch it) you cannot download it.

2. meganium19

meganium19 Member

where could i buy that?????????????flash card

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You can buy flash cards here: http://www.realhotstuff.com/

But take note that you need an actual Dual Screen to use the flash cards.

4. Golden Falcon

Golden Falcon Active Member

Trust me Dual Cores does not significantly make Any application "faster". They may tend to go faster. But there is no significant ammount. The only thing Dual Cores help is devote one core to a specific task, so you're computer will run smoother and can do mutlple tasks at the same time. Dual Core technology was designed with the idea of multitasking. But for one task to run at one time it is hardly "faster". More lag free and convenient is more like it.

5. Hijojo

Hijojo New Member

Edit: nevermind, I got the game working. Yay!

6. Loonylion

It will make SMP aware programs such as Vue 5 Infinite and Sony Vegas faster. Such programs are designed to take advantage of multiple processors to execute multiple instructions simultaneously, thus reducing the overall time it takes to complete a task. In programming terms this is known as concurrent processing.

7. Seph

Actually a lot of programs these days are written to support dual cores, they work by delegating various task to the different CPUs and thus making a program faster. This server has 2 dual core CPUs and the http requests are spread across them to even the load, so in high volume situations the server doesn't crash but instead live happily with 4 cores evenly used.

8. Loonylion

apache isnt specifically written to be SMP aware. It runs multiple threads (= processes on windows), and the OS then delegates them among the four available cores. SMP aware programs typically only run one visible process which uses multiple cores. The advantage to using the multiple process method is that in theory the cores don't even have to be in the same machine. Programmatically that is difficult to achieve using this method, however, for various reasons. It is possible to write applications that run on cores spread over multiple machines, this is known as distributed processing, and a well known example of it is the SETI @ Home project.

9. Guys, I downloaded No$GBA but when I try to load pokemon it says roms crash and I already did the emulator setting and controls but it says that I'm running it on ganeboyadvance emulator..is it the games or the emulator?

10. meganium19

meganium19 Member

If you don't mind, what is dual core and a actual dual screen??????????

11. Loonylion

by 'an actual dual screen' seph means you have to own a real nintendo DS console, as opposed to an emulator run on a PC.

A dual core is new type of processor in a PC that combines two processors into one physical chip.

12. FireRider

FireRider Member

Ahm guys i got a problem...i can play the game and i can sace it too but,when i start the game again and want to play from where on i stopped it shows me just a black screen...Can anybody help me please? :-[

13. Loonylion

sounds like the save didn't work properly. is there any sound?

14. FireRider

FireRider Member

When The black screen shows up? Nope no sound...

15. rafterm2000

rafterm2000 Member

thanks for this info i can now play pokemon pearl... yahoooooo!!!!

16. YoungBo

YoungBo New Member

First post, so I figured I'd give a heads up on Save State Hacking (now that you guys have figured out how to emulate this, people have created tools to specifically hack the save states...I call that progress ;D). Anyways, I highly discourage hacking your game states to give you Pokemon not on the Sinnoh Pokedex without actually having the extended Pokedex. For some reason, having a Kabuto wrecked havoc on my speeds, causing a lot of freezes (oddly enough, I've played Diamond on the DS with no problems using my Larvitar, so go figure). But once I released it, I was back to reasonably good speeds. So if you do wind up using a save state hack, make sure that you either edit your Pokedex to the full version (though that may cause problems once you actually earn the full version in-game) or just limit your hacking to Pokemon in the Sinnoh-dex.

And I hate to refer people from one board to another, but I know you guys'll ask where it is or how it works, and this link tells you how to do both. So if you go there, don't enjoy being there and pretend someone from these boards figured it out, only they went and physically stole the post describing the process and brought it back to their board :-\.

17. FireRider

FireRider Member

Is there realy no solution for my problem?:( Cuz i realy want to play :'( :'(

18. Seph

Found this on the (semi) official forums for no$gba:

http://forums.ngemu.com/no-gba/88462-diamond-pearl-bugs-how-fix-them.html

19. YoungBo

YoungBo New Member

Found another problem people might encounter. With your Storage boxes, once you get around 11 Pokemon in a box, depositing more into the box may take a long time, and sometimes may freeze you. Since I know nothing of the technical aspect of these problems, I can't give a fix using that. I did, however, find a way that actually seems more interactive. Instead of using Deposit and Withdraw Pokemon on the PC, use Move Pokemon. When you do that, just find the one you want in your party, click move, drag it down to the Party Pokemon button, and switch it out with one of your party's Pokemon. From there, drag the Pokemon leaving your party to the exit button, then place it anywhere in a box. You can even forego the switching Pokemon out for another part by going straight to the Party Pokemon button, then moving whichever one you want out to the exit button and into a box.

20. gunbladex

gunbladex New Member

does the game run at 30% outside houses (in grass or in towns) for everyone? its awfully slow :-\ is there anyway to config it to 100% speed at all times? ???