1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddportillo

ddportillo New Member

Re: the black screen problem on NO$GBA 2.6a

Is there a patch to get rid of the black screen, that is not in megaupload, or rapidshare... I can't download from those sites

2. costas94

costas94 Member

Why you can't download from these sites?

3. ddportillo

ddportillo New Member

it says something about download limit exceeded, but i've never downloaded from these sites

4. ChangeJD

ChangeJD Well-Known Member

Message me if you want and I will send you the file.

5. ddportillo

ddportillo New Member

I sent you an message, I'm kind of new to this, so I'm not sure if i did it right.

6. costas94

costas94 Member

Now that I think about it,we should name it Black Screen Of Death(BSOD).What do you guys think?As for the ROM......SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!I'M STRUGGLING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT THE POKEFIX SOLUTION TO BSOD.I DO WHAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY BUT ALWAYS A MESSAGE LIKE''Windows couldn't open PatchEngine blah blah...''APPEARS WHEN I TRY TO PATCH THE ROM.I ALSO REDOWNLOADED BOTH THE ROM AND THE POKEFIX LIKE THREE TIMES,BUT NOTHING WORKS...sorry about that,but I am so frustrated.We all wanted to play this ROM properly but these stupid anti pirating measures,I don't blame Nintendo and Game Freak that's their job after all,prevent us from it.Sorry about the whining but that's what I waited for,for like 5 months and now that's opportunity to play the game but... :( :( :(

7. ChangeJD

Alright...I am uploading the game with the black screen fix (BSOD Fix...I like that) to Megaupload...I will post a link here when it is done...that way, if you are having a problem patching it, you can just download it from here.

8. costas94

costas94 Member

Thank you,you are my savior... ;D ;D ;D

9. zeyad477

zeyad477 Member

Its working fine for me, no doubt with that. yet the freeze problem still occurs sometimes.

either way this patch is okay, there are a few minor glitches but overall it's a good patch that allows me to play the game. I would recommend people to save after each battle.

thanks ChangeJD

10. ChangeJD

Alright, here is Pokemon Soul Silver with the pokefix patch already installed:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T9GWAJWK

This is for the NO$GBA 2.6a ONLY!!! It has the fix for the black screen already installed. Make sure you go to your emulator options before playing and set Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA BIOS, and set NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to Auto.

11. wellthen

wellthen Member

Its not the black scrren of death thats the problem anymore, its the lack of ability to save, do we have a fix for that? if so could i please have a list of instuctions on how to do so? my rom has currently been patched by the Leaf and the black screen fix also. But every time i try to save it freezes. please help!

12. ChangeJD

If you are using NO$GBA, make sure you have version 2.6a with the ability to auto detect which save type to use. If not, you need to download that version. Make sure you set NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to Auto.

13. Okurasu

Okurasu New Member

Ok, I downloaded that, but it still gives me black screen :/ I have No$gba 2.6a and NDS-Cartridge Backup Media is on Auto. Weird :S

14. Harukacchi

Harukacchi New Member

First of all, thank you so much for uploading the patched game! :D I've been having the same problems, so I couldn't patch it myself. I finally got past the black screen, and I can also save, but when I close and re-open the game, I can't load the savefile and have to start a new game instead. I've got the 2.6a version of No$GBA with the correct settings, so I have no idea why it still doesn't work... :(

15. Rob50246

Rob50246 Member

Thank you kind sir, it works fine now, no BSOD.

EDIT: The save feature seems to work fine too, so for the people having having trouble i really don't know what the problem is.

16. ChangeJD

I had the same problem, but that was because my game was in the wrong folder. Make sure you downloaded the game into the same folder you have all of your other games in.

17. Harukacchi

Harukacchi New Member

Oh, now it works! I'm new to DS emulators and roms in general, so I was a little confused at first.

Thanks again! I'm so happy I can finally play this game. :)

18. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

My SS plays for ages. But it frezes ¬.¬ it just gets annoying as it does it anywhere.... i was talking to a fat guy and he turned. The strangest thing was i seen the sing outside of the pokemart move and the sound played, i could tap the 'A' button on the touch screen. The sound always plays when it stops. HELP!!

19. tsukakun

tsukakun Member

hi there, does anyone know how to play this game on r4 sdhc? i downloaded the game, i got a black screen and music. then i download the patch on here and i get a white screen, no music. so sad...But im sure everyone is. this is the best pokemon game by far.

20. Legolas007

Legolas007 New Member

Hey i downloaded the http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T9GWAJWK
    but when i load the game (Soul Silver) and put the game bios and media back up on auto the ds start screen comes up then i click to play Soul Silver and it says NO$GBA-FATAL the rom image has crashed i have the no$gba2.6a and it keeps crashing after i click to play Soul silver on the ds start screen when the screen is white... anyone can help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.