1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KameZero

KameZero Member

Yeah, I think all M3 users have this same problem. However, the arm7 patch seems to fix it right up and allow you to save!

The arm7 patch works on my M3 DS real with latest sakura firmware.

There's a guide to arm7 patching on this page.

2. chuka

chuka New Member

er.
    hello to all.
    i'm somewhat new to what a patch is.
    but i guess it is to translate japanese to english right?

well, could you help me?
    what are the things that i'm suppose to do for the soul silver version?
    how will i patch it or anything?

thanks.

3. tsukakun

tsukakun Member

you know what, fk it. Im buying this SOAB when it comes out. yea, thanks nintendo. :mad:((((((((((((((((((((( (starts sobbing in the corner)

4. Okurasu

Okurasu New Member

THANK YOU KIND PERSON! This works! 100%

5. shadshaddo

shadshaddo Member

ok everthings working (except a few liveable glitches) but now when ever i try to use my pokegear it turns into the Black Screen Of Death

6. Caturdayz

Caturdayz Active Member

I was having no luck whatsoever, until Rob50246 uploaded his solution, works like a charm. Thanks a million.

No BSOD, haven't frozen yet, but am saving periodically just to be safe.

7. IceColdKiller

IceColdKiller Well-Known Member

Here is the how i manage to play pokemon heart gold in a perfect way: i have the latest version of desmume,i have windows vista home premium servise pack 2 32-bit.i have the latest drivers for my graphics card,i have all the microsoft updates,my pc config: 2.86 GHz proccesor(overclocked).512MB graphics card(over. too),2 gb RAM (overc. too hehe),um what else? oh yeah and i have patched heart gold with endrypts advanced (dont know why but i did it)

8. Caturdayz

Caturdayz Active Member

I tried desmume, but it was ridden with graphical errors, and it was slower than No$GBA.

Not saying it doesn't work in some cases, but it didn't work in mine.

No$ is working pretty damn well though. There are some frame-rate hiccups, but that's about it.

9. Aeladya

Aeladya Member

I had that one before and it didn't work for me. It still froze on my R4DS with YSMenu. Does it not work with YSMenu? I have YSMenu as an extra so I can use the original R4DS firmware if needed.

10. IceColdKiller

IceColdKiller Well-Known Member

hoho now graphical errors? im really lucky!

11. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

The only problem I'm getting with desmume + Pokemon Nds games, is that I can't use the stylus.

12. donaldgx

donaldgx Member

FINALLY; i got soul silver working in no$gba 2.6a thanks to all who gave advice to others who had this same problem, haven't tried desmume

13. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

it saves for me but it freezes in random places. help! (i use R4i if that has anything to do with it)

14. _DNA_

_DNA_ New Member

Help!
    I play HG with my Ez Flash Vi on my DSi. It works perfect, BUT the game randomly freezes every 15-30 minutes.
    Any patches for that?

Same problem, JohnnieBob!

15. poolla

poolla New Member

Hey...
    I just downloaded soul silver yesterday. But sometimes in the game the game turn black and all that. Is there enything I could do to make it stop? I am using a R4 ultra flash card.
    ( I am tired of saving all the time :(

16. ChangeJD

ChangeJD Well-Known Member

Alright just to summarize for new people with problems.

There are a couple of patches out right now for both games:

The leaf patch is the first of the patches to come out. It basically takes the "freeze every 10 minutes" component of the game and turns that into "freeze every 45 minutes" This is the first of the patches to install.

Next, there was the Black Screen of Death patch, which helps users of NO$GBA get past the black screen at the beginning of the game. Only download this if you are using NO$GBA.

Finally, the translation patch changes most of the items, pokemon, attacks, and menu commands to English. It is a very useful patch that I highly recommend downloading.

To find any of these patches, look further back in this thread, as they have all been posted here at some time.

Your other options are to download the already patched game which I posted earlier, or the game and the emulator combined which Rob50246 posted.

Even after you download all the patches, the game will still freeze. This is normal. Just remember to save often and to reload the game every once in a while.

If you have any more problems, give me a shout.

17. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

nothing has really helped me, well the leaf one nade the freezing time longer between them. But its still random. Will it EVER get fixed?

18. Caturdayz

Caturdayz Active Member

Johnnie: Your making it sound like you expected this game's rom to be perfect before the game is even out in Japan.

The occasional freezing isn't really that bad anyway, but I'm sure someone will eventually fix it, have some patience.

19. _DNA_

_DNA_ New Member

ChangeJD, already did that, but tnx anyways. ^^

20. EsoNights

EsoNights New Member

You rock so hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.