1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HG/SS save error on Acekard 2i, AKAIO 1.9

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by magpiess, Jul 3, 2015.

1. magpiess

magpiess New Member

Hey all, nice to meet you. I'm currently pulling my hair out with a problem that I hope you all can help me with. All my friends have been playing Pokemon HG/SS this summer and I want to get in on the fun, not having played any Pokemon games other than Yellow. I loaded a SS rom onto my trusty old Acekard 2i, figuring I'd have no trouble running a 5 year old game on the newest firmware. Unfortunately whenever I try to save, a blue screen appears with this message.

Error Saving Data
    Backup memory has failed.
    This game is unable to save
    data, but it can still be
    played.

And NOTHING I've tried has fixed this. Things I've tried:

-ROMs from at least 4 different sources, some of which claimed to be prepatched with AP.
    -HeartGold roms also give me this issue.
    -Changing the save file type to every possible size in the system properties.
    -Formatting my micro SD and reinstalling AKAIO 1.9
    -Applying patches I've found in old posts here and on GBAtemp.
    -Creating a save file in an emulator on my PC and importing it to my cart.
    -Screaming.

To make matters worse, I haven't found anyone else using an Acekard having this issue in any of the forum threads I've read, most of which are long dead and contain links to "fix files" that have been taken down, leading me to feel entirely alone in this issue. I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with my cart itself, but I have never had any issue running any game on it before this. There's a thread around here somewhere about applying a translation with a save glitch fix that I'm going to try next, but I'm doubtful it will help. I'm almost ready to just throw 50 dollars on a used copy of Soul Silver, but I'm willing to try anything before it comes to that. If anyone has any ideas they'd be very appreciated.
    Post Merge: [time]1435906903[/time]
    Oh this is embarrassing, I actually just fixed it right now. I was using a 16gb card when I should have been using a smaller one. Pokemon HGSS can't save if your SD is isn't in FAT format.

Feel free to delete this thread or whatever.