1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ps3 help!!!!error 8001050f

Discussion in 'Sony' started by nemesis11, Mar 1, 2010.

1. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

ive heard that all around the world an error has happened to all psn users,but wtf is going on,they say they cant play a game,neither go online,its not connection error
    Post Merge: [time]1267405205[/time]
    im pretty sure that sony is fighting back to hackers
    Post Merge: [time]1267405665[/time]
    guys please help!!!!!!!!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just because you are a regular doesn't mean you get to be impatient and spammy ;)
    http://www.google.com/search?q=PSN+error+8001050F&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=rltm:1&tbo=u&ei=vxeLS8jjOYH2NYiB4cYI&sa=X&oi=realtime_result_group_more_results_link&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQ5QUwAw

Seems like everyone is panicking, but the servers are just down.

3. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

sorry but i couldnt bare to loose everything i have on my ps store!sorry again cheers

4. Supie

Supie Well-Known Member

Same thing here Sony working on it..

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got it as well.

I heard it only affects those of us still using phat models (like me :( )

Can slim owners please post to confirm this?

I'm gonna swap my system for a slim...I pray I can do a straight transfer because of the issue's I've had with it before this mess!

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

last night it was still working fine....... maybe i'll check later....

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Same here at 1am.

If anyone has slims, please report if anything is happening...my psp signs in which means only ps3's are affected.

Fat models mostly, nothing heard on slims...
    Post Merge: [time]1267431868[/time]
    Ok-BIG TIP!

For those that have downloaded games from psn, they will work if they are free/demos.

If paid for then...it won't work :(

And DON'T try playing a trophy based game ethier-you'll loose all trophies and the game won't start :(

8. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

my ps3 is down too. Maybe skynet is taking over.

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

now that you mention it, i think just saw Arnold Schwarzenegger walk by....

10. im a slim user mines perfectly fine, dont u lot know anything, the ps3 phat has a problem because it weren't a leap year but the old systems 4t it was so they are all thinkin its 29th of february whilst the psn is tellin em its the 1st of march

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if thats the case they will work fine without a net connection.

12. Loonylion

http://faq.en.playstation.com/cgi-bin/scee_gb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?locale=en_GB&p_pv=1.491&p_prods=491&p_faqid=4941&p_created=1267430633

its a PSN error, not the console.

13. it can't be because im on psn now, along wiv over 90,000 people on call of duty world at war
    Post Merge: [time]1267462369[/time]
    also if it was a psn error why is it only affecting the phats and not the slims?

14. Loonylion

You're arguing with Sony, who say its a PSN error? if you know better than them maybe you should be working for them.

15. no they didn't say that, im on their twitter feed, even they say its the clocks, thats why the ps slim is having no problems, if it was the network then the slim which connects to the same network would have the same problems
    Post Merge: [time]1267473500[/time]
    there's no problem with the network at all, its because the network is showing its the 1st of march which is correct, but in the old systems its saying its a leap year so the cpu thinks its the 29th of February which is contradicting the network

16. Supie

Supie Well-Known Member

Heres some info

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/latest-info-on-playstation-network-status/

17. "We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system."

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Seems all is well in the PS3 world again.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/playstation-network-service-restored/

19. Reider

Reider Modereider

Haha wow. All that trouble because some idiot put 2010 as a leap year.

That's brilliant.

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Here is a tip.

I put in avp, tried to play...and lost all of my trophies :(

But I found an odd way to get them back..

And yes I DID try to sync with the server first, and seeing avp missing scared me.

So I just played a match and...from 0% to 47% again :)

All is well...