1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP memory card ..Says it full but, it isnt?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by houstontx224, Mar 26, 2011.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

I'm using 5.50 GEN D (Full) on my PSP and I 've recently added ISOTool 1.70 whichiI think is only about 10KB (?) And I had like 4 games on my memory card.. I've deleted all but, 1 CSO but when I try to add other ISO's it says my card doesnt have the space. I took a look at it (pluggred it into my USB port) and it clearly shows just 1 CSO and like 2 saves form my game. Do I need to reformat my memory card? If so, how do I do that? I'm using just a 4GB magic memory stick. Thanks .

HoustonTX224

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

You can format it from the psp menu. far left in one of the options.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Don't format PSP memory on your computer. The PSP freaks out, as it doesn't use FAT or FAT32 format. Format using the PSP.

4. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

I'm good...I did format it on the PSP..I had to save my files and all to a folder on my desktop..then formatted it and then just moved my games and ISOTool over and BAM....back in business. Appreciate all the help. Thank you.

HoustonTX224

5. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

When you delete content, do it directly from the PSP's xmb, not from a computer, as you can't get the space back (unless you reformat it).

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

What if you delete the file from the memory card in the PSP while the PSP is hooked up to the computer?

7. BigGangstaKillaC93

Same, same, just don't delete it from the removable drive that shows up when you plug it into your computer. You can't use the PSP and have connected to your computer at the same time.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I can delete files from my PSP on my computer, and still use the space later. It's how I always do it. My 8GB card has remained 8GBs for the whole time I've owned it. I rarely if ever use the delete function on my PSP's XMB, and instead always do it from my computer while my PSP is connected to it.

9. BigGangstaKillaC93

Odd...maybe it's just my 3rd party memory stick...?

10. TirithRR

Maybe. What operating system are you using?

11. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

since we're on about memory cards...
    any chance someone knows a good recovery tool?
    using a 8GB card, but windows and the psp show it as having 38MB free, and is 'empty' and 'unreadable'.
    I tried some CardRecovery software, but it only does images and audio, the latter being fused into one track.

12. BigGangstaKillaC93

I think it's because I'm using Linux. Maybe I could get the space back if I deleted the content directly instead of moving it to the trash.

13. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

That's the answer then, linux never deleted anything, but MOVED and hid the files XD

14. BigGangstaKillaC93

Linux sucks serious balls :p, I've got Wine, but it still doesn't fix all the Windows on Ubuntu compatibility problems. I'm gonna convince my folks to get Windows 7 then. We've had Linux for waaaaaay to long.

15. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Why is your computer running linux anyway?

16. TirithRR

Probably cause it's the hip thing to do. :)