1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 and Pokemon Black need help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Battallboi, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Battallboi

Battallboi Member

So i am using the YSMenu v7.04 on my R4 card. I am experiencing issues when i try to play Pokemon Black (first one) When the Prof asks me my name the game freezes.

1st question ;

Do i need a patched rom or a clean rom?

2nd question ;

Can somebody share the latest AP patch for the Pokemon Black?

All i've found was the DS Scene Rom Tool and some others that only patch the exp problem.

3rd question ;

Does the YSMenu provide patches or does it only support the patched roms?

2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

black screen is usually due to AP(anti-piracy) reasons in the rom,
    you could download the DS-Scene tool and use the AP-patch option of the tool, then export with the AP-Patch enabled.

this could solve most of the AP releated problems.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also the DS-Scene rom tool has the latest ap patch in it , so there is no need to go looking for it.

3. Battallboi

Battallboi Member

Hmm thank you for answering, What about my third question?

4. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

I dont think it provides patches(im not much sure about <this.)but it does supports patched roms.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you are using YSMENU then you don't need patched rom, and be sure not to activate the anti-piracy fix cheat codes too.
    v.7.0.4 is the current latest.

6. Battallboi

Battallboi Member

So i tried with both patched and clean, tried different roms. Same issue the game freezes when proffesor says "Please tell me your name".

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Your R4 and my R4 are different. I played PKMB1/W1 (Clean/Unpatch) using YSMENU in the past (long time ago) and never bumped into any AP issues. This might sound ridiculous, but I just can't help wondering in case MAYBE you haven't launch YSMENU.nds first before launching the game rom. But maybe you have and still get that issue due to other reasons.