1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i ERROR MESSAGE!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Penguin360, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguin360

Penguin360 Well-Known Member

I keep getting the same message when i try to play games on the r4i on my dsi. I keep getting the same error message: *AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED. PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON TO TURN THE SYSTEM OFF. PLEASE REFER TO THE NINTENDO DSI OPERATIONS MANUAL FOR DETAILS.*
    Can anyone help me with my problem?
    Also, i just downloaded the facebook photo system update thing, but i dont know if that was the cause. Any theories?

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I think this should answer your question. Sorry, I hope you can fix it.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=170872

3. Penguin360

Does this mean that my dsi is virtually pointless now when it comes to gaming?

4. iSpawn

iSpawn Active Member

When I was browsing around the forums yesterday, I read a thread that said "do not update your DSi".

I believe that the new update pretty much blocks out some homebrew stuff. I am not completely sure, but I think that might be it.

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Illegal gaming, yes...For now.

6. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

If you updated to 1.4, then NO flashcarts work on DSi currently.

(hugs my DSlite)

7. Penguin360

Thats terrible news. :/ Now what am i going to do. I hope our problem gets fixed soon.

8. iSpawn

iSpawn Active Member

Give it some time, I'm sure someone will find a way to get around it and what not.

I myself would like to play some games on my DSi, but I have no clue how to do so; but good luck with your problem man.

9. amlee1978

amlee1978 Member

I was hoping to find some good news, but apparently not. My son updated his DSi and he is getting the same error message and how his R4 doesn't work. He also added that stupid Facebook thing.

Will someone be willing to post if a fix comes along? Thanks!

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, the fix will be announced as soon as it is available.

But just a warning in advanced. The fix, when it does come, may require the use of a older DS or a DSi without the 1.4 firmware in order to load the correct firmware onto your flashcart to use on the DSi with 1.4 firmware.

11. kevwade123

kevwade123 New Member

Hi
    any news on a fix for this problem?

12. debra tooth

debra tooth Active Member

same problem bought Acekard 2 card to try and it works with the update.

13. danny4

danny4 Active Member

r4i-sdhc.com got a new firmware 1.4b solved all the problem worked with barbie and musketeer, zelda the track spirit work without patch

14. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

No offense my good people,the DSI v1.4 problem is well solved ,and there are quite good number of flashcarts that have solve this issue....,most are upgradable also

I recommend the Acekard 2i its the best one i have found so far,so good i got two one for my DSL and one for my DSI
    get yours here: http://www.gamebygame.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=184

good luck

8)

15. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

This topic is 5 months old, of course it's solved (for some cards) now. But back then it wasn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.