1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Gold Revolution (load rom errcode=4)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by TonyKe1988, Jun 4, 2011.

1. TonyKe1988

TonyKe1988 Active Member

heey
    i have a problem when i try to load games with my r4i card

i dont now wich firmware it is or where to check it but on the card it says 1.41

and it points to the site:

www.r4igold.cn

any help is very appreciated

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Do you have a TTMenu folder with files inside called extinfo.dat infolib.dat savlib.dat in it at all ?

3. TonyKe1988

TonyKe1988 Active Member

no i dont have anything of that

4. Jhon 591

Check if RGF updates would suit your card http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

under

RGF Multicart Update Compatibility List

5. TonyKe1988

TonyKe1988 Active Member

yes it suits my card i have downloaded that retrogamerfan multi card update but i dont now how to use this from there do i need to put the DSTT_DSTTI TTmenu folder inside my card ? and why does it say new firmware in the how to install txt i suppose that is ment with renaming TTmenu.dat to iLL.iL? or what does it mean?

Code:
    R4i Gold Upgrade Revolution v1.4.1 - http://www.r4igold.cn/ - > Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL (Use DSTT_DSTTi TTMenu or DSTT_DSTTi YSMenu folder)

thats what it said under compatabillity list

6. Jhon 591

Just rename it be sure your file extention is enabled, keep trying toying with the files untill you get it right

I would recommend a backup of your firmware, games and saves for trying though

I don't own that type of card you have, but if anyone hear has exp with this setup please guild TonyKe1988 ?

7. TonyKe1988

TonyKe1988 Active Member

how can i see if file extension is enabled? and if i make a backup and i put it back on the card will it still work if i have done something wrong? and what exactly do i need to rename and then put that folder in or how exactly? sorry this is my first time im doing this so

8. Jhon 591

If a ending of your files have .est as a dot .sav , .exe .rar est, if windows XP then start menu, control panel, folder options , view
    untick hide extentions for unknown file types, then apply

If you keep a copy of your original firmware and games and saves then your safe to restart again

Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL

right click and rename file, from TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL
    Post Merge: [time]1307267088[/time]
    Google can help and a very good souce!

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sa=X&ei=TVDrTbC4KoSKhQfZ2KW6Bg&ved=0CBsQvwUoAQ&q=enable+file+extensions&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=30418681e9e178fb&biw=1117&bih=743

9. TonyKe1988

TonyKe1988 Active Member

okay and then add the folder thats named TTmenu? or what to do with that? and its windows 7

10. Jhon 591

If you see all of your files with a .mp3 est then your file extention is already enabled ?, like chack your music folder

if they don't have a .mp3 .wav then its not

Maybe it would be easer for me to download the files, make a package and upload it hear compleate, are do you wish to try for your self ?

11. TonyKe1988

TonyKe1988 Active Member

yeah that might be easyer so i know exactly what to do and when to do it cause there are alot of folders in that retrogamerfan package and im not sure wich one to use and everywhere it says to extract the files from new firmware but i dont have anything to update the firmware unless its ment with DSTT_DSTTI TTmenu so a step by step instruction would also be appreciated

12. Jhon 591

I think it means place the new renamed file iLL.iL on the main screen of your firmware , called the root

inside the DSTT_DSTTI TTmenu folder then replace

Extract the files from new firmware and copy the following to your microSD :
    TTMenu folder
    TTMenu.dat

Place TTMenu folder and TTmenu.dat also onto the root of your microSD chip, main screen

In the TTMenu folder are the files extinfo.dat / infolib.dat / savlib.dat you can replace thease with the lastest ones

13. TonyKe1988

TonyKe1988 Active Member

but where is the new TTmenu.dat file then? and i already have 2 files on my sd card its also nammed iLL.iL and TTmenu.dat

14. Jhon 591

inside the DSTT_DSTTI TTmenu folder of RGF firmware, its the content inside that folder you need!

15. TonyKe1988

TonyKe1988 Active Member

oh okay so just put the TTmenu folder inside my card then the TTmenu.dat and rename that to iLL.iL?

16. Jhon 591

Rename your firmwares TTMenu.dat, then replace the TTMenu.dat from that folder onto the Root

17. Kyra2000

Kyra2000 New Member

am new here and also have this card

i have solved the problem for me like this

downloading the new dats and renaming them to:

savlib.dat to SAVEDB.DLL
    infolib.dat to INFbase.dll
    extinfo.dat to extinfo.dll

new games are now also working and i have also the normal menu is liked to use

18. Jhon 591

That's all you have to do ?, XD!

19. TonyKe1988

TonyKe1988 Active Member

is that all you have to do? and where to get the new dats then? and should i still do this first solution? should i remove my old iLL.iL file then?

20. Jhon 591

He mean just rename them, from savlib.dat to SAVEDB.DLL and replace them by over-riding, copy/paste est

if you see on the screen savlib then the file extention is not enabled as hidden, but if you see savlib.dat as .dat then it is

Yes just reset every think back to the way it was

I can rename and upload them files if you can not do it... ?
    Post Merge: [time]1307270151[/time]
    Lastest DAT's http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.msg1289764#msg1289764