1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Solution: R4 not creating a game save file on some games, like tetris.nds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mozzzzii, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

* Sorry if this has been posted before, but i have been searching for ages for a solution to this problem without luck.

THE PROBLEM: SOME GAMES WOULD NOT SAVE, COULD NOT CREATE A GAME SAVE FILE

I have some kind of R4 Revolution Upgrade SDHC card... (i know it must be a fake) so this could be a very specific fix for a just a certain kind a R4 card

Some .nds rom files on my R4 would not create a game save file therefore be unable to save game data.

Files such as Tetris.nds, Bomberman.nds, Grid.nds

At Last i have found what the problem is!!!!!!!

FILES WITH JUST ONE WORD!!! will create a save file with uppercase letters, which this R4 will not recognise as it is case sensitive, therefore each time you open the game it will create the wrong .SAV file (with uppercase letters)

All you have to do is either change the .SAV file to the same "case" as the original .NDS file

or copy a new file to the R4 with a different name say from Tetris.nds to Tetris DS.nds then it will create a game save file properly.

(You can not believe the headache this has caused me over the last few days!!!!!)
    (I have posted this as it was sooooo annnoying, I hope this helps someone)

THE SOLUTION: RENAME ALL ONEWORDED.NDS FILES TO SOMETHING WITH A SPACE BETWEEN LIKE ONE WORDED.NDS

Moz

2. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

Oh, actually that's old. But..., still some might not know.

3. Mozzzzii

The games were not homebrew they where NDS ROMs that i had renamed to take out all the guff that was in the title

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Give it a try with the emulator!, Then you will know if its your R4 SDHC card or not

Are see if they is any latest firmware for your card http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

http://www.r4dsl.net/download-en.asp

Sometimes they a bootable patch that you boot the .nds file first and your game after

5. Mozzzzii

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.