1. This forum is in read-only mode.

System date error?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by The Alpha Gamer, Aug 18, 2010.

1. The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer Well-Known Member

I just tried to play on my DS and when i turn it on, my flashcard loads and says "System date error! Please check NDS system date." I've check the system date and it's set to the right date, so how do i fix it?

My flashcard is a R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just turn back the date a year or two and it should be fine.

Also, check for an updated firmware - http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

3. The Alpha Gamer

Ok it works if i set it to 2009 but not when i set it back to 2010, and since the game i want to play is Animal Crossing, i can't keep it set to 2009

also i can't update my firmware, my memory card wont let me add new files to it

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Format the card, then install kernel 1.24b or later.
    http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/

5. The Alpha Gamer

I just said i can't add new files to my memory stick

6. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

Did you change the date to 2009 before you made it, then changed the date to 2010 later on after you made the save?
    That could be whats causing the probalm. Try deleting the current sav file then creating a new sav file.

7. The Alpha Gamer

What? i haven't been able to play it, the last time i played it was months ago so it's not the save

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to update your firmware.

If you cannot add new files to your MicroSD, you need to backup your files and format your MicroSD.

9. doughboy

doughboy Guest

thats why you should get an acekard2i or cyclo.....

10. The Alpha Gamer

I don't see how that would help, not being able to add files seems to be a problem with my operating system, not the Micro SD

11. TirithRR

Sometimes a MicroSD that is corrupted can cause problems with you not being able to change or add files.

Backing up and formatting your MicroSD is a good first step for pretty much any problem. It hurts nothing, takes only a few minutes, and can resolve many issues.

12. The Alpha Gamer

Other people with my operating system have the exact same problem though and it can hurt, if i can't get my savefile back on, i've lost pokemon i've trained for years!

13. TirithRR

And what operating system is that? Users on these forums have used Windows XP thru 7, Mac OS, and even Linux. They can all write to their MicroSDs.
    And as long as you backup your files first, (copy them to your computer) there is no danger.

In order to properly take care of your flashcart, you need to be able to upgrade your firmware.

14. The Alpha Gamer

Linux Mint 9, the exact problem is that the MicroSD shows up as read only, which seems to be a known problem

15. The Alpha Gamer

So how do i reformat it?

16. yoshi2889

And I said format the card, then install the kernel.
    Post Merge: [time]1282331245[/time]
    Windows:
    Right click micro SD card > Format.

17. The Alpha Gamer

And i said i use Linux Mint

18. yoshi2889

Yeah I know, but maybe it is almost the same.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just run GParted and reformat the SD card in Fat32.

20. The Alpha Gamer

How do i use GParted? it's showing 4 different things and i dunno which one is the mem card

Nevermind, i found the card, now how do i format it?