1. This forum is in read-only mode.

(TUTORIAL) YSmenu for r4 and all of its clones(easiest way)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by afrokid13, Dec 3, 2009.

1. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

ok I update the tutorial with something that I am pretty sure will solve your problem, get back to me and tell me so I can verify it please, it's all the way down under Duncan Idaho's fix

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

MS-DOS is not invented in any way in a Mac. I've made an app (WITH MY TEAM, OF COURSE) (Still unfinished) for the DS that reads .bat, .php, .html and .xds files.

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

thats true, mac uses an UNX language along with PERL based language, and several other things to run, heck even installing mac is easier for me than installing windows, it became a simple process of writing, i always had trouble with windows, on topic i dint made the .bat file run, i went for the dual boot method, and for future reference there is a way to make MS_DOS exist on macintosh, trough bootcamp i can install windows in paralel to amc os x.

4. yoshi2889

You have to do 1.000.000.000 things before you can run a simple .BAT file on a Mac.

Mac's have weak parts, like Windows does :)

Anyway, if you have a Mac, you have a mini change of running a .BAT or .EXE file, though I've seen ''BOTTLES'' that run .EXE. Try putting C:\$WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe on a Mac and use ''that'' method. Maybe it works, maybe not. I HAVE NO MAC, BOOHOO... Though I'm happy with Windows.

5. Duncan Idaho

not int he mood, also i could have try to run the patcher, and the .bat fiel trough crossover or crossover games, and i switched to mac, since it was cheaper than buying a new tower completley, since my old tower was sold to me in a defective way, sound cards were damaged, videocard was breaking appart, and i couldnt install a single antivirus program, since it would somethign anmed memory flip, or similar, destroying all my files in the process..., damn panda

6. eriberri

eriberri New Member

I tried what you suggested - renaming the TTMENU folder to YSMENU - that didn't help, loading still failed.
    Next i tried adding the replacement savlib & infolib files to the folder, but weirdly there was no savlib or infolib files in the folder to begin with (and looking back through the YSMENU and ysauto downloads there was none anywhere there either o_O), so i simply added them, then tried it. No luck.
    Then i tried renaming the YSMENU folder back to TTMENU and that didn't work either.

Basically it's happening with the Ace Attorney games. The games themselves are loading fine; but after saving, the saves won't load - giving a 'load failed' message. It's also happened with Fashion Designer New York - saying the save is corrupt and will be deleted.

Very frustrating! Any further help would really be appreciated. Again, the card I'm using is an R4 SDHC - brand new, not a week old, with plenty of room left on it.

7. Duncan Idaho

use my fix then.

8. eriberri

eriberri New Member

i tried your fix, it doesn't work either. Then i tried your fix and added afrokid13's fix on top.. still get 'load failed'. :/

9. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Ysmenu dose not work on R4 SDHC type, Just the original R4 that dose not say SDHC

10. eriberri

eriberri New Member

oh snap - really?
    So there's nothing i can do to make these Ace Attorney saves work with the R4 SDHC? T_____T

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Keep checking your website for updates of your firmware or kernal as they say...

I don't know how the SDHC works

12. afrokid13

no it does as long as you are running it as an .nds file and not a firmware

but I heard some r4SDHC were clones of acekards.

so that could be your problem eriberri.

or there is something wrong with the roms.

Since you have done the things I have posted I would suggest upgrading to the latest firmware of the R4SDHC and see if that works.

If your card is a clone of acekard(no idea how you find out if it is) then I would suggest AKAIO

13. hrs0520

hrs0520 New Member

The r4 SDHC is just another clone of the r4 running on the same firmware as the r4III. I mistakenly ordered the SDHC not paying attention to what I was doing, and I am able to run YSMenu as a rom. Method 2, autoboot ysmenu.nds didn't work, so I tried method 4 and it worked. I did have to download the fix in the original post with the 360 looking menu, but now Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story works just like it does on my original r4 with the ysmenu set as firmware.

Thanks for this tut!!! I was about to go ballistic when I couldn't get ysmenu to work on the r4SDHC.

14. afrokid13

Your welcome for the tutorial :)

But Duncan Idaho deserves much credit too

15. hrs0520

hrs0520 New Member

Well then, much thanks goes out to Duncan Idaho as well. Thank both of you for your amazing work.

16. Duncan Idaho

you are welcome, i made that pack for people who found themselves on a simillar situation like the one i was.

17. Shazeraa

Shazeraa New Member

buhuu i got the same problem with my fucking sdhc card.....i tried so much and when i finally managed to run ysmenu as a rom (4) all my games say DLDI not supported ;(

edit: i somehow can't reply to this topic :-[

I really tried all i could and used the guide by Duncan Idaho and could boot ysmenu up but all games every file i want to start says dldi not supported or dldi no soportado.

I downloaded the fixed firmware from Duncan Idaho and upgraded even my save and infolib inside. What do i ahve to do to make DLDI supported or what have i done wrong pls help me :'(

hrs0520 could u pls pls upload ur ds ysmenu files? I can't save not even one game, it's depressing!

18. afrokid13

Watch ye'r language :eek:

Use read hrs0520's post

He also has an R4 sdhc and he was able to use Duncan Idaho's fix

19. mikere2

mikere2 Active Member

When I go to Yasu's website, I see the date and "YSMenu" but no download link?

NVM found it :D

EDIT: Will this automatically convert all my .sav into .dat or whatever? And also, does this work on R4i Clones, such as R4i Deluxe?

20. yoshi2889

No YSMenu USES SAV files.