1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wi-Fi Error Code 51300

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by klaimore, Mar 28, 2010.

1. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

My router is Dyanlink RTA1025W. I have DSlite. Doesn't work on all games that have Wi-Fi
    Error Code: 51300
    Search Nintendo and tried manual inputting Gateways,masks still doesn't work.
    When I click test connection the power button goes flashing red and all other lights go off. After the connection fails everything goes back to normal.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Have you tried entering that code on the nintendo website?

www.nintendo.com

The support section would help you, enter the code and do what it says...if that doesn't work try the compatibility list with routers to the ds...some just are a pain :(

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=51300&system=DS&locale=lang

Sounds like WEP Key issues.

4. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Check what type of security your router has
    new router have 2 types WEP ans WPA PSK sometimes you have to change that
    from WPA PSK to WEP because the Ds does not support WPA

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/routers/2Wire/2Wire/index.jsp

Read the important notes about the 2Wire routers. Basically, you will need the change the WEP authenication type from "open" to "shared", but will then need to change any other wireless device that uses that access point to "shared". Consult your manual, contact 2Wire or your ISP if you need help with making that change.

You will also need to enter the settings manually. The second bullet-point has a "click here" with detailed instructions on how to enter the settings manually.

If you continue to receive an error code when trying to connect, please give a call at 1-800-255-3700 (6 AM to 7 PM PST everyday).

5. klaimore

Okay just checked and it's on Open. So if I put it to shared, every laptop connected to the router would have to re-input the WEP key?

6. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

You need to enable shared internet on your computer. Enable shared internet with windows firewall. For doing this go to START, then go to control panel, select network connections, right click on it and select properties for your wireless internet connection, then click on the check box "Share connection", then click OK, and its done.

Here is a link that I found it is a site that
    explains how to connect your DS with diffrent kind of routers

http://techforums.nintendo.com/community/ds_online

Maybe this helps you a bit

7. klaimore

Yes I know how to do it. But when if I turn it to shared, will like all comps/laptops connected to it have to re input the password? 'Cos my dad's tenants are using it, and I cbf typing the pass into every one of their comps.

8. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Not if they use the same router you change the security of the router from WPA to WEP
    every PC connected to router will not have any problems with internet

I've changed my security from my router from WPA to WEP and for my DS
    I've got no problems with internet on my PC and that counts to every PC
    I connect to my router.

The only thing that has changed is the routers security from new to old
    because WEP security was the only one router had in the past.

some software applications canonly use WPA security they will not work properly
    or not if the routers security has set different.

Maybe this clears things up for ya

9. klaimore

I'm not changin security, I'm just changing from Open to shared. Will I have to re-input the password into their comps to connect to the internet?
    Post Merge: [time]1270886388[/time]
    Some help here?

10. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I don't know for sure if must reenter the passwords

It is something you should try that is because our routers are not the same.

In order for me to use WIFI for my DS I only needed to change
    the WPA security from my router to WEP security and I can use WIFI.

Just try and let me know what happens,
    that way I can help you a bit if if it doesn't work.

Post Merge: [time]1270899466[/time]
    What type of router do you use? / want to connect your DS with?

11. klaimore

First post. It's a modem router.

12. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

http://www.netcomm.com.au/netcomm-products/dynalink/rta1025w

Here I found the specs of your router when I look at the security of the thing I see that it has
    WPA and WEP security

just change that here is a link for its Manuel where is told how to do that
    http://www.dynalink.co.nz/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/36000/WSG-Security-RTA1025W.pdf

And your WIFI will work the modem/router supports both security's
    Post Merge: [time]1270901549[/time]
    Go to your router by typing your Ip adres in a browser and
    log in your modem if needed and look up what type of security it has and set it to WEP.

13. klaimore

I know it's set to WEP. I booted the thing up. It's just set to Open, not shared, where you're meant to put it to shared for Wi-FI to work. I'm asking would I have to re-input the WEP key/password to go on internet for the comps?

14. klaimore

I tried setting it to shared, but then my comp couldn't find the router I tried it on my DS and it still got 51300 error code.
    Oh yeah btw.
    Security Type: No authentication(Open)
    Encryption Type: WEP
    And network security key is the same as WEP key yeah?