1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii Soft-Mod Information

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by ace1o1, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You need the USB Loader if you want USB Loading. :p

Do that.

2. souap

souap Active Member

Ah, that was unexpected... :p Trouble is, I don't know if I really need the usb loader or my wii can read DVDs... anyway, I shall try to install that as well and see what works... :p Also, any suggestions on where to get some good quality isos? I need to try something, and for some reason I can't even backup my own games... :-\ you can pm me for those... Of course, provided that it isn't too much trouble... I could keep asking things infinitely... :p Yah, I know, I'm a pain in the butt, sorry for that... ::)

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

You need to install cIOS 222 and another cIOS, don't know which.
    And Wiiso has good games.
    ..crap my download doesn't work...

4. souap

souap Active Member

I have those IOS i think... And the loader is running, or at least it seems to be... However, it doesn't seem to be able to dump anything... Might be a problem with my usb device though... Anyway, any configurations I should tweak? Oh, thanks for the site too... :D I desperately need something to try with my wii now... See if it works... :-\

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the #002 fix.

Fixed the black screen in New Super Mario Bros. Wii for me.
    It's in the Load settings. Enable for ALL games.

And you can use uLoader to dump games. I used to.

It runs on cIOS 222 and you have it installed so try to dump something with it!

(PS burned games can take half an hour to dump, while real games take 10 mins)

6. souap

souap Active Member

umm... moar confusion... does the cios for Darkcorps conflict with other cios I need to use the usb loader? I tried the configurable usb loader and it dumped a game just fine, but then it told me that I have a wrong version of ios249, so I couldn't play the game.... wtf is wrong here?

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nope. It won't mess with it.

8. souap

souap Active Member

Yay, finally, something successful... I was able to dump and then load Twilight Princess no problem using the configurable usb loader... Ah, that feels just fine... Thanks for the support guys, you've helped me alot, and I can't express my gratitude enough...:D One last thing, what is the IOS to use with dual-layer discs and where do I get it? I tried to run Super Smash Bros Brawl dumped using the same program, but then it wouldn't load because of the problem of my current IOS with dual-layer discs...

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Update cIOS38 to cIOSXrev20b. That'll fix most game problems.
    Installl it as IOS249 with base IOS57.

10. souap

souap Active Member

Installed it and it works like a charm...:D Wow, a million thanks... Couldn't have done it without you guys...:)

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No problem. I'm a pretty damn good Wii modder and can usually help you with any Wii problem. :)
    If you ever need help or anything, let me know.

12. souap

souap Active Member

Will do, thanks...:)

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah.
    Do you have Priiloader?

14. souap

souap Active Member

Yeah, I do... But it doesn't seem to contact with the HBC(says it's missing or something) or the Bootmii... The hacks are available though... I installed it as instructed by the guide for v.4.2 on wiihacks... And using this IOS: IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug]...

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's because the coders of the Homebrew Channel had to change the channel ID so that if you accidentally or unknowingly update to 4.3, you won't have to reinstall the Homebrew Channel.

16. souap

souap Active Member

Oh, alright, thanks for the heads-up...:p

17. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

this is a good topic!

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm going to improve it today with a dictionary of sorts of terms for new people. :)

19. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

When are you going to make one for other consoles or you just sticking with Wii?

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'll make one for PSP soon...I have a mini-guide for 1000/2000, but I'll end up having it for every PSP so far. It will be much like this one. I hope people will help me throw it together. :p
    I'll try and start on it tonight.
    And I may also do PS2, but I'll have to experiment with softmodding one. And 360 once I get mine flashed and JTagged.